JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The first gun I ever remember shooting was my Dad's Remington 725.
Dad bought the .270 back in the 50's and we still own it.
It has a Bushnell 3-9X with a flip over mount.
I was 5 years old and could barely reach past the trigger.
Dad had to hold the end of the gun up for me.
I thought it was so cool, looking through that scope.
In those days, we had a bouy that peeked just over the end of the back yard and seagulls would tend to sit on it. It wasn't illeagal to shoot them at that time, so that was my target.
Almost hit one, too! =)

Dean

Some .22 rifle, don't know the make/model. I was in Boy Scouts, musta' been about 13YO '67-'68. We had the anual two week summer camp with various activities you could sign up for and they had a shooting range. There was room for 15 or so kids and we were shooting prone. Utah in the old days, eh! Teaching boys to SHOOT, wonder what they teach them now in Boy Scouts?

After that it was dads Colt Woodsman, after I was old enough to drive I'd take it rabbit hunting in the desert with some buddies. I still, and always will have the Colt.

Mike

H&R .410 single shot, when I was 5. Boy how them Eastern Texas squirrels ran. I still own it and couldn't get rid of it. I had shotguns until I was about 9, then I got my first Marlin .22. My dad later explained that his reasoning was the downrange hazard of a rifle vs. a shotgun. The way I figure, he got me hooked on this addiction he should at least support it now that it has gotten so extensive and expensive.

The first gun I shot was my dad's pot metal .380 when I was about 10. He gave us a good talk on gun safety, then let us have at it. I got some wicked slide bite and didn't touch another gun for almost decade. My dad doesn't have that thing anymore, and I'm not too torn up about it.

The very first was a BB gun of course. I seem to remember shooting a .22 single shot rifle at a friends relatives farm. I definitely remember shooting a .30 cal carbine and a .44 magnum when I was around 15 years. The magnum was a bit much for me at the time but I really had a knack with the carbine.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top