JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Marlin 70 (mag fed 60) that my Dad gave me when I was 8-9 yrs old.
In my closet right now.
Hammer finally broke when I started shooting again as an adult.
Might have had something to do with the thousands of rounds I put through it as a kid.

Glock 19 when I went out shooting with my Uncle and his friends. Also shot a Mini-14 and some .30-06 bolt rifle the same day. That was about 11-12 years ago. I don't own any glocks, no mini-14 but I did have a Winchester 70 in .30-06 that I sold due to financial constraints. I been eyeballing a Glock 23 for a while now; pretty sure the obsession will become desire very soon even though I'm not a glock fan; but I gotta have at least one just for the reliability record. Maybe even I will grow to love the red-headed step child from austria.

back when I was 6 or 7 went out to a public range in the foothills east of Los Angeles and shot dad's M1 Carbine. I still remember some biker guys rolling up in a black 60s van on that trip to the range and pulling out an AK, and M16, and a 1911, dumping 10 or 12 mags through each and jumping back in the van leaving quickly. He still has that M1 carbine and I will inherit it one day.

BB guns at first, of course, then various 22 rifles in Indian Guides, Cubs and BSA during the 60's. Well worn bolts and semis, no idea what brands they were.

Always aspired to bigger, louder, higher capacity, exotic optics, etc., etc. Pretty natural for any kid I guess.

Decades and countless weapons later, some butt-simple old 22 rifles are still among my favorites. Western Field (Mossberg and Stevens).

Mine was an Ithaca 49 single shot 22LR when I was about 6 - Dad had an old tobacco pouch he'd keep about 100 rnds of 22LR in and when it was time to take the trash to the "dump" (where the local big dumpsters were), he'd grab the rifle and ask if I wanted to come along. We'd spend a good hour or so plinking cans in the pit behind the dumpsters before heading home. Shot my first grouse with that rifle too...

M1 Garand, when i was about 5 years old... grandpa said not to tell grandma anything, he grabbed a box of ammo, a few beers and we went out into the woods.

Great topic

My Dad's Beretta 948 22 pistol when I was about 6, he wouldn't let me shoot the 30-30.
The Beretta was his glove box gun until they had kids which drove Mom nuts. After we all left home she hid it from him! Earlier this year she found it and gave it me.

Zak

funny, that was the same first gun i shot with my grandfather when i was 8 or so. i now own it and my wife is a crackshot with it.

Not sure but I would venture the most likely candidate would have been dads Winchester Model 55 .22LR it was/is a semi auto single shot that fires from an open bolt. Top ramp feed and the safety click on as you load it. Case ejects straight down most of the time right into your palm OUCH!

My first rifle which I still have was/is a Winchester model 121 .22LR single Shot with a small tube 4X scope. It was issued to my by the Boys Club Rifle team I joined at age 13. The Club almost immediately dissolved and I never found who to return the rifle to. the actual club wanted nothing to do with it. So I have held on to it all these years. I guess its mine now kind of like a common law wife. Since I have now had it for 40 years.

A Ruger Singel Six flat gate in 22 LR that my dad owned back in 1960. I was 5 years old and hit a bottle he set up for a target on the fifth shot. Boy was I a cowboy! That started a long relationship with firearms.

My first was a sears and roebuck 20 ga single shot bolt action shotgun. It is my fathers and he still has it. It was also the first shotgun I went bird hunting with. Good memories

the first shotgun I shot was in the Mojave Desert. Visiting some relatives we were goofing off in the desert, turned over some old wood and found a transparent scorpian about 4 inches long. This old guy had a 10 guage and let me shoot the scorpian. Iwas about 12 years old we never found the scorpian but everyone seemed to enjoy watching me get up off my butt!!

First gun I ever shot was a 12g o/u from lanber, I was about 8 and it frightened the sh1t out of me, Gald to say I'm well over it now.

Worst gun was a secondhand Farbarm O/U I bouoght. Got it home put 2 shells in and brought up the stock to close the action and BANG :huh:quick think "did have my finger on the trigger? NO... what the heck!!!". So tried it again and BANG:s0095: same again.Good job I brought the stock up to the action and not vice versa!!

Nicest gun was when I test fired my Accuracy International in 308 :cool: pitty it was 10 months ago and I'm still waiting for the cops to get their *** in gear and issue the licence for it , so I can collect from the dealers :angry:

Fish

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top