JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My first pull of the trigger was with a Remington Nylon-66 in .22 LR. It was at Boy Scout Summer Camp back in the late 60's.What a thrill to actually hit the target! Gosh, do they even let Scouts shoot anymore?

My first pull of the trigger was with a Remington Nylon-66 in .22 LR. It was at Boy Scout Summer Camp back in the late 60's.What a thrill to actually hit the target! Gosh, do they even let Scouts shoot anymore?

Single shot bolt action .22lrs. They take over the range I go to sometimes. It seems like a pretty good program for teaching basic marksmanship from what I've seen and no one can say single shot bolt action .22lrs are evil.

.22-250 shooting gophers with my grandpa in North Dakota. Good times.

Me: Did I hit it?
Gramps: Didn't you see the little bits of gopher flying everywhere?
Me: No, I had my eyes closed!

Mine was my father's Marlin .22 bolt action when I was 8 or 9. It's still in his garage and I'd bet it hasn't been shot in close to 20 years. I think I might grab it next time I visit and keep an eye on it for him.

My boyfriend's .22 pistol about a month ago out in the woods. I was elated because it was so easy to hit the target and after the first shot it didn't even scare me. I think he was more nervous than I was until I gave him the gun back without accidentally shooting myself or him. :s0114:

Since then I've shot a S&W M&P 9mm at an indoor range...didn't like that experience so much but I'm bound and determined to get over being a scaredy-cat.

Fully automatic .40 caliber Micro UZI when I was in junior deputies down in Louisiana. I was only 10 years old and that was pretty fun. They did a demonstration of the effectiveness of a bullet proof vest with a snub 357 on one of the deputies. You could hear the air being sucked out of the firing range as the LEO lined up the shot.

my dad's Remington 514, shot the bubblegum out of that gun, the bolt eventually broke, still haven't fixed that thing :( and my grandpa's Winchester model 12, i still remember how sore my shoulder was the day after shooting :s0155: both guns i will inherit :) along with some early 1900's lever action single shot .22 that my dad uses as a racoon gun, great memories, those first times shooting in the backyard

1973 Ruger Single Six (Last year of the three screw). My Dad bought it to take with us in the Cessna when we flew over the Cascades. After he sold the plane the Ruger became my first firearm.

I still have it and it's a great shooter.

Mine was a Revelation .410 pump when I was 7 yrs. old. Tried to shoot some clays to prepare for my first duck hunting season the next fall. Still have the gun and the banded wood duck that I was lucky enough to bring down on my first trip out! Now it sits in the safe waiting for my daughter to get a little bigger.

My Uncle let my brother and I shoot a 22 cal. semi auto, I don't no what it was for sure this was probably 1966. It looked like a ruger in stainless, but I don't know if they were making them then. Could have been a nickel plated something or other but it sure was cool!

First real gun??? I don't quite remember, but I do know that it seems I have always had knowledge of how to handle and use them. It's all a blur, but probably some sort of .22...

Winchester 20g side by side shotgun. Accidentally shot my parents bed, saw a bit of smoke, then proceeded to perform a fire drill with about 20 gallons of water, 2 cups at a time. I was about 12. And no, my parents were not in the bed, they were not even home. For Christmas a couple of years ago, they gave me a cut out piece of that bed, showing the damage. Don't think the bed dried out for about a week. Dad was P****d.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top