JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What was the first gun you ever shot & do you own it now?

The first gun I ever shot was a Marlin Model 25 .22lr.

It was my Dads rifle, I shot it for the first time when I was 7 years old.

2 years ago I decided I "NEEDED" it for my collection, so I bought my Dad a stainless steel Ruger 10/22 & traded him.

My Dad told me he thought he was getting the better end of the deal & I told him not every one gets a chance to own the first gun they ever shot!

My first shooting experience was with a ruger standard(mk1) 22lr. My dad gave it to me a couple of decades ago and like a dumb @ss, I sold it.:( I still have the ruger mk2 that replaced it, that he gave me a few years ago.:D

It was a Stevens single shot .22 LR. Its still in my dad's stuff, but it'll be mine some day. Still remember burning my thumb shoving ammo into the chamber. He would buy the hundred round boxes of CCI (back when they were still orange boxes) and I could usually shoot up around half before the chamber was too hot and my thumb hurt. All kinds of good times...

Went out with a friend-of-a-friend who had an excellent collection. Started with a couple mags through some sort of .22 - probably a Ruger MK 2 - and then began my adventure shooting a full drum through an AK. Finished up with an whole tablefull of other fun toys.

Couldn't have asked for anything better...

Some .22-caliber single-shot bolt-action rifle that my grandfather gave me. It looked like someone whittled the stock out of a random piece of wood they found in the forest. Every time I shot the thing, pieces of the cartridge case would blow out and hit me in the face. I still don't know what the problem was - bad head-spacing, wrong caliber, who knows. Anyway, it went back to my grandfather and the next gun I shot was probably a H&R .410 single-shot.

Great topic

My Dad's Beretta 948 22 pistol when I was about 6, he wouldn't let me shoot the 30-30.
The Beretta was his glove box gun until they had kids which drove Mom nuts. After we all left home she hid it from him! Earlier this year she found it and gave it me.

Zak

My Dads Jap 7.7 with deer carving on the monte carlo stock

I was 5 my dad took me to a range to zero it was a odd range i don't know if it still exist there were no benches just a firing line with a lot of other people doing the same thing he held the rifle up to my shoulder and stood behind me to brace me and helped hold the rifle as i looked down the scope and pulled the trigger. Its something i never forgot.

I"m not sure I can remember back that far <grin>
prolly my dad's best friend's Marlin lever action .22..model 39? I was about eight years old,and it seemed HUGE to me,but I didn't care.That was bout 1953-ish.

Can't really say for sure but it was probably a Remington XP-100 in .308. It's my father in laws gun so I don't really have any claim to it but I suspect it will be mine (or at least my wife's) someday.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top