JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My data center equipment sure did not know we had a solar storm. Everything is still up and running without a glitch.so much for the blackoutts.

This is interesting because we are going to have a solar storm tonight. Oregon is supposed to see the northern lights the storm is so big.
Solar storm has little to do with it. If you have spent any time in California, he term "Red Flag Warning" is the buzzword for hot, dry and possibly windy. They will use this term and will cut power in order to cut liability in an event of a fire. SOP for California and soon here in the NW.

Solar storm has little to do with it. If you have spent any time in California, he term "Red Flag Warning" is the buzzword for hot, dry and possibly windy. They will use this term and will cut power in order to cut liability in an event of a fire. SOP for California and soon here in the NW.
Wasn't too long ago Kate let Oregon burn in a massive fire. Oregon is now bringing suit against the oil companies over the fire.

So exactly when do these rolling black outs start? Otherwise it's just a guess.
It will happen when Electricity Production + Distribution Infrastructure Capacity < Demand

We are on track, and accelerating it by demanding electric vehicles, electric equipment, electric hearing, electric stoves, etc..

Sweet that we are being asked to put all our eggs in one basket that they know is vulnerable to EMP attack as well as the eventual CME thatr happens every so often.

Remember all that infrastructure money that got allocated a few years ago? How much was for electrical generation and infrastructure? Wonder where we are on Trump's initiative to buy the very transformers that would need to be replaced by EMP/CME damage?

At least they gave us {ride Month and Target got to introduce pre teens to Tuck Technology...

It will happen when Electricity Production + Distribution Infrastructure Capacity < Demand

We are on track, and accelerating it by demanding electric vehicles, electric equipment, electric hearing, electric stoves, etc..

Sweet that we are being asked to put all our eggs in one basket that they know is vulnerable to EMP attack as well as the eventual CME thatr happens every so often.

Remember all that infrastructure money that got allocated a few years ago? How much was for electrical generation and infrastructure? Wonder where we are on Trump's initiative to buy the very transformers that would need to be replaced by EMP/CME damage?

At least they gave us {ride Month and Target got to introduce pre teens to Tuck Technology...
It's coming is not an answer. Christmas is coming. The next decade is coming. The next century. Without specifics the warning isnt worth much except to cause a lot of fear about something that might or might not happen. It has been said that 90% of our concerns will never happen I agree.

The part that REALLY R-E-A-L-L-Y, pisses me off is when the city, County, STATE issues a "limit your power consumption during peak hours" demand, as if that's going to make things better or not over load the grid! Ah, yea, imma get right on that chif, and phuck you for asking! Imma gonna crank the A/C to max, crank up the big screen and surround sound, the pop corn machine, and anything else that draws power, if the grid goes down, I certainly did my part, Phuck Off! THIS is how seniors end up dead, they dutifully follow and end up having heat stroke like two of our neighbors here the last several days, they wouldn't have died if they had ignored the ijiots running this popcycle stand of a state and kept their A/C turned on and running cool, but NOPE, and now their dead! Kotex wanna make a stink, come at me biotch, ima show ya a good time!

It's coming is not an answer. Christmas is coming. The next decade is coming. The next century. Without specifics the warning isnt worth much except to cause a lot of fear about something that might or might not happen. It has been said that 90% of our concerns will never happen I agree.
Seeing as the is the Preparedness subforum that's a bit like saying
"I don't know when I'm going to cut myself, so why bother to have bandages?"

Or how about"Since I don't know exactly when I'm going to need it, why should I carry concealed?" How about "I don't know exactly when I'm going to be in a car crash, so why should I buckle up?"

If you don't think it's ever goign to be a problem, then more power to you. As for me I make sure I have more than one way to heat my home, a way to use solar to at least keep my phone and a flashlight charged, and a few other simple things.

Since my wife needs oxygen during portions of the day danger to the electrical supply concerns me, so if we stay here I'm going to get a backup generator, otherwise if we move that will be essential.

And, Jack, it the "preparedness" not "panickedness" subforum.

The part that REALLY R-E-A-L-L-Y, pisses me off is when the city, County, STATE issues a "limit your power consumption during peak hours" demand, as if that's going to make things better or not over load the grid! Ah, yea, imma get right on that chif, and phuck you for asking! Imma gonna crank the A/C to max, crank up the big screen and surround sound, the pop corn machine, and anything else that draws power, if the grid goes down, I certainly did my part, Phuck Off! THIS is how seniors end up dead, they dutifully follow and end up having heat stroke like two of our neighbors here the last several days, they wouldn't have died if they had ignored the ijiots running this popcycle stand of a state and kept their A/C turned on and running cool, but NOPE, and now their dead! Kotex wanna make a stink, come at me biotch, ima show ya a good time!
Putting all your eggs into a state controlled basket is clearly asking for trouble.

I bought a generator three years ago and it is still in the original packing material. I grew up in Michigan where we regularly had storms and blackouts. We did not have a generator back then. So much for independence and being prepared. If you got a problem fix it or mimalize it regardless of what the power is doing.

The part that gets me is the people "in charge" telling you to limit are ALWAYS exempt. Just like the climate hoaxers who fly around on a private jet to tell me my car is the problem. Or my house is too big while they have several and all larger than two of mine put together. They do not build for more power generation then when things fail blame the great hoax. They of course have comfort. Can't really blame them, they get voters to support it all the while they are laughing at the fools behind closed doors with the AC on. :s0092:

So exactly when do these rolling black outs start? Otherwise it's just a guess.
Pacific Power sent an email this week to customers in their service area that service will be interrupted in times of high fire danger and to expect periodic outages this fire season. No specifics.

We have a PUD so far no email.
Just reread the email and they did not say that outages would necessarily occur, only that they were more likely due to more sensitive safety equipment being used, and IF they occur they will last longer "than typical." Here's the gist of it:

"Due to elevated wildfire risk in your area, we are taking additional safety precautions. Among other measures, we may use protective devices on our lines with more sensitive settings that will de-energize power equipment when there is a short circuit detected.
A power outage is more likely to occur when these settings are utilized. For the 2023 wildfire season, based on elevated conditions in the region, we are using more sensitive protective settings in your area. As a result, if an outage occurs during the 2023 wildfire season, you may experience a longer-than-typical outage as our field personnel work to confirm that power can be safely turned back on. "

I bought a generator three years ago and it is still in the original packing material. I grew up in Michigan where we regularly had storms and blackouts. We did not have a generator back then. So much for independence and being prepared. If you got a problem fix it or mimalize it regardless of what the power is doing.
Most years I have at least one power outage where I now live. I think in the past 11 years that has been one or two years where I didn't. So it is a regular thing for me. Even my kids who live in the city have outages from time to time.

Normally it isn't a big deal for me - a day or two at most (longer when we had the forest fire, but I had to evac so it wasn't a big deal then either). But if we have a severe storm or earthquake, it will be more than just convenient to have my own source of power.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top