JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Who else is waiting for the power grid to have a cascade failure? This heat is stressing the grid, A/C use is likely the culprit. If the grid fails in the west and southwest it will be bad for all of us.

Who else is waiting for the power grid to have a cascade failure? This heat is stressing the grid, A/C use is likely the culprit. If the grid fails in the west and southwest it will be bad for all of us.
Not much we can do about preparing for it, unless the power companies want to frequently shut off all the power spontaneously and without any notice. Everybody knows that planned preparations are as worthless and $.99 at the dollar store.

Not much we can do about preparing for it
Um, solar panels and storage batteries would be a preparation.
Although, I still need to get on the stick and get some batts for my system...

Solar install01.JPG Solar install02.JPG

I definitely suspect as we see more strain placed on the grid from policies limiting access to fossil fuels. I don't think it's going to happen overnight but as we shut down coal burning power plants, without building replacements, while adding stress on the grid via electric vehicles, electric heating, electric cooktops, etc. and expect it to be powered solely off solar and wind - I think problems will begin to arise. I could be wrong because my knowledge of the electrical grid is limited but it doesn't take a PhD to understand that if you limit something while increasing demand it's going to cause a shortage.

The grid failure is already here, it's primarily in DC…. Washington DC , that is.

This is what happens when you have "strong central planning" by DF's who think they're the smartest ones in the room, yet who've never worked a real job of any consequence in their entire lives. You'd think they'd have learned from the failures of the USSR, but their goal is pandering for power and gaining absolute control, not service to the people.

1690202587654.png
Koppel wrote this book with cyber attacks in mind, acts of terrorism and the like. He also talks about grid failures due to solar flares (EMP induced failures). Even then, I don't think he ever thought about how government could put strain on the already fragile system he so adeptly describes. Now we live in a world where government needs to save the planet by putting virtually everything on the electric grid. Immigration is rampant, with more people flooding into the country every day. Every human being in the nation is a consumer of electricity / power. We need it to cook, heat our homes in the winter and cool them in the summer. Now add electric transportation and the need to charge those batteries. There will be a tipping point. It's like waiting for the Big Cascadia. It will happen, just a question of when.

Last Edited:
Just remember, the Pacific NW is a net exporter, mostly to California. High and ultra high voltage lines, both in AC and DC transmit power to California. In the events of an issue, the lines will be shut down, and the Pacific NW should be fine.

Also, Texas is a separate grid.

There will be minor blackouts to keep the people afraid, fear controls people. I have lived in Oregon 71 years and summer has always been hot but now they push climate change to bring fear out so they can use that fear.

Your power won't be out long, they need the power up to control you with your phone, it's your leash and spies on you all the time. They won't shut down a power over you like the phone gives them.

They need the power up to keep your leash charged.

I informed PP&L over a year ago that I was installing a solar system and would need to be hooked up to their system. They still haven't completed the paperwork so my electrician can modify my meter wiring to match their requirements.

Based on my experience, PP&L has been hollowed out so far that they don't have the manpower to keep the system running, much less fulfill the needs of their customers.

Thanks, Warren Buffet. Instead of whining about not paying enough taxes, invest in serving your customers!

I informed PP&L over a year ago that I was installing a solar system and would need to be hooked up to their system. They still haven't completed the paperwork so my electrician can modify my meter wiring to match their requirements.

Based on my experience, PP&L has been hollowed out so far that they don't have the manpower to keep the system running, much less fulfill the needs of their customers.

Thanks, Warren Buffet. Instead of whining about not paying enough taxes, invest in serving your customers!
Get a transfer switch and batteries, set to no export.

The last thing I'd want to do would be to involve the government/ utility company in my most important asset.

Agendas have to be maintained and people manipulated.
Here's a great example…at first glance, the bottom picture looks extreme. OMG, look at all that RED…we must be burning up. OH NO
Then look at the pretty green picture. Same place on the globe. Same date, just 5 years earlier (to the day). Same hotsy weather chick even.
But now study the temps. Red Global Catastrophe picture is actually quite a bit cooler (temps are in centigrade) than 5 years earlier.
But some clever marketing is applied to keep the scam alive.

IMG_0026.jpeg

The last thing I'd want to do would be to involve the government/ utility company in my most important asset.
Do you not have electricity at your place? If you do, then the gooberment/utility company are already involved in your most important asset...

And if you have a SmartMeter on your house, then it's even worse...

Didn't we just have a 180 page thread on this closed down a few weeks ago?

Any way . .
Agendas have to be maintained and people manipulated.
Here's a great example…at first glance, the bottom picture looks extreme. OMG, look at all that RED…we must be burning up. OH NO
Then look at the pretty green picture. Same place on the globe. Same date, just 5 years earlier (to the day). Same hotsy weather chick even.
But now study the temps. Red Global Catastrophe picture is actually quite a bit cooler (temps are in centigrade) than 5 years earlier.
But some clever marketing is applied to keep the scam alive.

View attachment 1458538
Context is great and here is some for that silly meme

Do you not have electricity at your place? If you do, then the gooberment/utility company are already involved in your most important asset...

And if you have a SmartMeter on your house, then it's even worse...
No. Inverters are required to be anti-islanding, so they need a voltage source, or they turn off. If your system is setup to handle islanding, then with batteries, you can.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top