JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I informed PP&L over a year ago that I was installing a solar system and would need to be hooked up to their system. They still haven't completed the paperwork so my electrician can modify my meter wiring to match their requirements.

Based on my experience, PP&L has been hollowed out so far that they don't have the manpower to keep the system running, much less fulfill the needs of their customers.

Thanks, Warren Buffet. Instead of whining about not paying enough taxes, invest in serving your customers!
A few hours after I posted this, my electrical contractor called to tell me PP&L had given the go-ahead to install the updated wiring. They start work Monday. We still don't know when PP&L will install the new transformers and hook up to my end.

Who else is waiting for the power grid to have a cascade failure? This heat is stressing the grid, A/C use is likely the culprit. If the grid fails in the west and southwest it will be bad for all of us.

It's more policy; ironically, for 30+ years, the Fed has pushed renewable energy policy and incentives, specifically wind/ solar. Energy companies reaped billions in tax credits building out renewable energy systems. However, Wind/solar can't reliably power grid energy systems with wind and solar; you get it when you get it, not when you need it (see, the BPA link below.)

At the same many states are limiting fossil fuel power development /generation; we aren't building nuclear, and we're removing some smaller Dams and power generation. The two states with the most wind/solar investment are also the two with the biggest power grid issues, Texas and California.

Remember California's 100% clean electricity by 2045 a few years in, they secretly built 5- 30Kw "Temporary" gas generators

Every year we have to add capacity to the grid, including amounts wind/solar

Real-time wind power generation BPA

https://transmission.bpa.gov/business/operations/Wind/twndbspt.aspx

I FEAR the policy/politics......that are surrounding the move away from fossil fuels with no real viable alternative to produce and deliver what is needed.

There are many other videos out there. Do some research, IF you dare. Yeah....I'm NOT a Californian. But, it could be said that CA is the "guinea pig" for the Govt's (Dems) vision (for the rest of America).

Aloha, Mark

PS.......about that 2nd video. Rrrrrright.....the spokesperson for PG&E.

Trust them?

Last Edited:
Best case scenario is build a substation is 1yr if you have all of the material available, and the same goes for a diesel or natural gas generator. Best case scenario for utility scale PV or wind is 1+. Best case to install a transmission line is years.

Bankrupt Solar.
With $700 Million in loan guarantees from the US Govt.

BUT, But, but.....in the longer run.....something was LEARNED.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....Nuclear and Hydrogen Power?

Last Edited:
But we all know that there are certain BIG PLAYERS (Political and Businesses/Investors) that have deemed that EVs are the way for America.

Rrrrright......NOT invented here.

Aloha, Mark

Did anyone experience a power failure this summer that lasted > 2 hours?

Didn't we just have a 180 page thread on this closed down a few weeks ago?

Any way . .

Context is great and here is some for that silly meme
I watched them do this all summer. Small differences in temperature were shown in large color swings.
The world is a pot of frogs, boiling in its of wn stupidity.

But we all know that there are certain BIG PLAYERS (Political and Businesses/Investors) that have deemed that EVs are the way for America.

Rrrrright......NOT invented here.

Aloha, Mark
This isn't a fix. Hydrogen, on a commercial scale, is steam-cracked from natural gas and produces Co2 and carbon monoxide. The same with electric cars 60% of the US power grid is generated with coal. If you are familiar with the law of entropy, anytime energy changes its state, there is a substantial loss of energy through entropy in a conventional car it heat and friction.

The most efficient combustion engines are around 50% efficient, meaning half is lost to entropy.

Electric motors are 90% efficient. The paradox is energy generation transmission and storage entropy high entropy. Batteries lose around 9% of the electricity entropy during charging, electricity push-through power lines around 3% loss depending on how far, and coal power is only 38% efficient (68% entropy) burning coal, heat water to steam, and steam to drive turbines to make electricity.

So 68% entropy in generation, 3% in transmission, 9% during charging, and 10% running the car

Last Edited:
IMHO....
It's MORE about having different sources (choices and possible alternatives) of energy (speaking, transportation). NOT necessarily about finding a single Golden Bullet (one size fits all) solution (as mandated by Brandon, Inslee, Newsom, etc....).

Let the market decide.

Then, note this video about wind power. Yeah, to help make more elec. power to power your electric cars. And I'm NOT even mentioning "connecting to the grid" at this point. But the video does.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
The same people that blew up Nordstream2 and created the worst ecological disaster in decades wants to tell you to remove your ceiling fan and drive an EV.

All while clean energy REAL tech exists, but we cannot have it. Scarcity = dependence = slavery. TPTB need their CC scam to tax and enslave the gullible masses.

i have a dual fuel generator and a ton of propane stored. still won't last forever if the grid goes down though. Lately been looking at getting a solar setup for the super long term. anyone got tips?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top