JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Would this also make AK, CETME, G3, etc flats actually firearms then? They're made with the intent, come with instructions, etc.
If you live in VinnieBoomBah's world it would be. I'm opting out....
Again, IANAL, but if they were sold as machine guns, and the company gave instruction on how to asseble said machine gun, then yes, the intent is there.
Intent and instruction does not magically manifest an auto sear part you can drop into your AR to convert it to a machine gun. 'Advertising" often deviates from reality... like... "Drinking a bud light will turn you into a trans woman". I'm not going to drink swill to test that claim, but I have sincere doubts that's entirely true. 🤣

It's not an area that I'm terribly familiar with, but aren't they usually sold as intended for hobbyists making their own semi-auto firearms, as opposed to machine guns?

As far as first amendment claims, I wonder if it would have been different if they had made them out of cardboard or plastic, as a clear template, instead of metal that becomes the actual device.

Plastic may have been 1A protected information, whereas metal can be considered an illegal device in itself.
My purpose was to question the principle that a template for a thing with instructions how to make said thing is actually the thing. An AK flat with instructions, is not an AK or else most anyone that ever bought or sold one likely broke the law.

The reason a private party hobbyist can order one from an out of state and have it mailed to their home is because a flat with instructions isn't actually a gun.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top