JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess I was trained differently. If an active shooter is actively pulling the trigger you NEVER wait. You run to the shots of gun fire. If the shooting stops then you stop and start methodically searching rooms. Even if that was their SOP…. F-ck that. Do your job even if it means you loose it or your life.

It doesn't surprise me though that you are starting to see this more and more. LE agencies are hiring a specific individual who fits in a mold. Our culture demands "nice" and "friendly" or "people oriented" officers now. Well this is what you get. And kids will keep dying while "men" with guns stand outside in safety cause it's "what they were trained/told to do."

Read some Medal of Honor recipients and their stories. Many going against training or commands. I'd fear living with the knowledge that I could have done something and didn't much more than the fear of loosing my life or my job. Period. I won't stand by and apologize for "men" who had less courage then the mothers and fathers who wanted to storm into that building. It's pathetic. It's weak. It's sickening. And it's going to continue.
Current training for the last at least 5 years is for first responders to use their training and judgment to enter and engage the shooter at schools. The local COP had his guys stand down based on "not hearing any more gun fire".
The teacher that locked the door open and the COP ordering his guys to stand down have a lot of guestions to answer and lots of sleepless nights!

Do you honestly think the "best and the brightest" in the business stuck around for ~3 years of demonization and "Defund the Police" BS or perhaps this is what we have left, mostly the bottom of the barrel Keystone Cop types?

Current training for the last at least 5 years is for first responders to use their training and judgment to enter and engage the shooter at schools. The local COP had his guys stand down based on "not hearing any more gun fire".
The teacher that locked the door open and the COP ordering his guys to stand down have a lot of guestions to answer and lots of sleepless nights!
Well their judgement was $hit. And their priorities were f-cked.

This was a great big cluster phuck right from the start, and it all starts at the top with whom ever set policy on these things. Who in their right mind would have his troopers show up and just stand around securing the outside areas, and then await,........................What, Higher command authority to show up and give orders, or,............................await SWAT if that even exists? Heads need to roll biggly!

Don't forget, SCOTUS ruled that LEO have no duty to risk their lives to protect US, and if this dept chief chooses to follow that ruling, he needs to be removed from his position right quick and in a hurry like, post Rikky Tic! SCOTUS put us all in a bad place with that ruling, right or wrong, it screwed us all, police have no duty or responsibility to protect, and we have no right to carry with out permission and under Strict restrictions in many places! SCOTUS left us wide open and has consistently avoided a 2nd case that would empower us with our full rights to self protection with out restriction or permission!

This was a great big cluster phuck right from the start, and it all starts at the top with whom ever set policy on these things. Who in their right mind would have his troopers show up and just stand around securing the outside areas, and then await,........................What, Higher command authority to show up and give orders, or,............................await SWAT if that even exists? Heads need to roll biggly!

Don't forget, SCOTUS ruled that LEO have no duty to risk their lives to protect US, and if this dept chief chooses to follow that ruling, he needs to be removed from his position right quick and in a hurry like, post Rikky Tic! SCOTUS put us all in a bad place with that ruling, right or wrong, it screwed us all, police have no duty or responsibility to protect, and we have no right to carry with out permission and under Strict restrictions in many places! SCOTUS left us wide open and has consistently avoided a 2nd case that would empower us with our full rights to self protection with out restriction or permission!
We all know people with shiny on their collars are corrupt. There is a reason people go against their policies. Cause they costs lives.

We protect our military with guns, our president is protected by guns, our elected officials are protected by guns, our banks are protected by guns; why aren't our most precious assets being protected by guns?
Cause kids aren't worth enough or contribute a profit to those making the laws. Sadly.

We put more worth on material goods/fame than we do on human life.

The culture of America is evil. If you want the violence to change the culture has to change first. But that takes to much work and is uncomfortable for Americans. Cause in this country the majority of the newer generations are more concerned with what luxuries they can receive vs. what impacts they can give. A selfish attitude breeds death.

Last Edited:
No doubt someone, probably at the top, will lose their job over this. As for the rest? I just don't know what the hell to say. When this first hit I suspected this would be the way it went. Sadly it was worse than I feared. Sadly this is the way they are trained. One or two LEO's can't just run in when the rest are ordered to not so they all stand there. One mom was cuffed, released, ran to anther part of the place and ran into the school and got her two kids out. While Police were still standing outside because they were ordered to stand there. Bottom line if some kook comes into some building everyone in there is on their own. This is why I have always carried at work. If I could I will run. If trapped? I will not sit in a corner waiting my turn to be shot while Police are standing outside being ordered to do nothing. Everyone of course has to do what they are comfortable with. I do me, they can do them.
Hopefully the jacka$$ that propped open the side door that the killer used to enter, for one.

Hopefully the jacka$$ that propped open the side door that the killer used to enter, for one.
And all 19 cops that just stood in the hallway along with their "commander" who made that stellar call. There is a lot of issue with this whole scenario and I hope heads roll.

https://www.policeofficer.education/career_options/salary-job-requirements-uvalde-tx/
From the text of the job requirements.

What Does A Uvalde Police Officer Do?

Individuals are quick to belittle police officers. But they would be surprised to know the depth of a police officer's duties. Law enforcement officers go through thorough training to reach where they are presently. The responsibilities of a cop chiefly depend on the region in which they are found. It also depends on their specialization. However, due to the lower crime rates in rural areas, there is rarely any chance for a person to specialize in any given field. Let us read about some of the obligations of a law enforcement officer.

The population of Uvalde TX is less than 20,000 and this is the requirements for the Uvalde police department. This is why they may not have had proper training. It is an interesting read.

I will start by saying this is not a dig on law enforcement but it will sound like it.

Most small towns do not have the budget to train more than once, maybe twice a year and maybe bring in a special trainer every so often.

They are ticket writers or revenue generators for the city they work for. They rely on the honest folks to respect their uniform at least in there presents and will not commit a crime out of fear of going to jail.

This is in my opinion the reason they waited for the border patrol before entering the room.

This is common in small towns and I have seen it here as well as we had several local PD come to some of the IDPA type local matches several years back. Most of the C class shooters kicked their a$$ in both time and accuracy. Only one came back to train and last I heard is now on the SWAT team.

With the added folks moving into our area the departments around here are hiring and it seems most are young guys with little to no experience that will go through the local police training and then out on the beat. Yes, you have to start somewhere but they are not gung-ho fighting machines they are ticket writers or revenue generators.

I feel there was a lot of mistakes made and it seems to happen a lot lately with other school shootings and with police in general as in another case a longtime veteran police officer pulled her gun instead of her taser and killed a man.

We are all human and none of us truly know what we will do in that situation but we have been brainwashed to rely on the police. We have been told not to take the law into our own hands but let the bad guys just rob you, rape you and then they will go away, well they don't always go away with you still alive.

The courts have stated they do not have to put their life in danger to protect us or our kids, well then if they do not have to then who will, maybe it's time folks realize your on your own and government and their agencies are not there to help, they just put the chalk line around your corpse and take pitchers.

"Never let a tragedy go to waste!" The mantra of the Left Wing. "Guns are BAD"." "Take all guns away!" Well, they did that in the UK and look at the statistics on violence. Knives, machetes, clubs make up the weapons of choice for the criminals in Britain. Search the statistics; the interviews of street hoods and the citizens who want to protect their homes. Hey Biden, Pelosi, Schoomer and the rest...IT AIN'T THE GUNS! Pass all the anti-gun laws you want, but it won't change anything. Stop releasing serious criminals because they "Had an unhappy childhood." And for those who don't know...an AR15 is NOT a military rifle. On Uvalde...I'll wait for the complete investigation report to decide what went wrong. Blessings to the victims and their families.:(

I don't care what kind of training you have, what your experience is, or whether mama ever breast fed you or not. If you're standing outside a school house, have a gun, and you know there's a dude in there hurting children, act like a bubbleguming man.

Training ain't got nothing to with it.

What do schools in Israel do to protect their students?
The right thing - they arm their teachers.

I can't for the life of me recall the last time I heard of a school shooting in Israel. Huh...

Sorry if it was already mentioned. The mother that was handcuffed, released then snuck away and grabbed her kids from the school. Reminds me of the mother in Amity a few years back, that died trying to rescue her daughter from a burning trailer.

Police should get out of the way since they have no duty to respond. Parents have an obligation to protect their young.

These days, whatever first responders do or don't do, afterwards somebody is going to sue them. So this may be lurking in the back of their brains as they try to figure out what to do. Which may sometimes result in paralysis.

This stuff keeps happening, over and over again. I fail to comprehend the motivation for this behavior. Millions and millions of people have AR15's who don't gather up the ammo and go down to a school for a jolly good shoot. Way back in 1966, they discovered that Charles Whitman had an undiagnosed brain tumor. But I haven't heard that cause once in the past 15 years or whenever this epidemic really began. What is it about mass shooters' brains that says, "Okay to do this." Those who say, "It's not the guns, it's mental health" I agree with, but WHAT HAS GONE WRONG WITH THESE INDIVIDUALS?

First of all let me state unequivocally, that no one has more respect fo first responders than I do.
That being said, I would be very interested in knowing the quantity and quality of the training the first responders have had over the last 24-36 months.
Based on the most recent reports, I feel the responders may be missing some of the tools (quality training and education) that they need to perform their jobs at the highest levels.
Best,
Gary
How about a weak and stupid "commander". Impossible to say if individual officers had guts and/or training when their commander is a weak pussy that won't do anything "until more equipment arrives". The officers had to follow that coward's orders they had no choice unless they were to go rogue and lose their job.

Only person we can say acted with courage was the barber shop guy. The policy of making the highest ranked officer the "commander" is stupid. He is probably highest ranked from kissing you know what and covering his you know what. That is not the type of person you want in control of the situation. He should be licking stamps and going to conventions on "how to train the trainer's trainer" because that is probably all the doughnut eating lazy coward does. Keep him the hell out of the field!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top