JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm pretty pro LEO, but you gotta call a spade a spade, imcoptance and cowards.Little kids getting gun down, and you stand around with your fingers up your azz, pathetic. I watched that so called sheriff giving a update, I wonder who`s friend he is to get that job, ill stop now before my head explodes.

Last Edited:
I did not follow the other tread on this but, when I first heard it I "feared" we were not being told the truth. Now as a LOT more info has come out its even worse than I feared. This is sadly just the way Law Enforcement works. Basically if "something happens" you are almost always on your own. No doubt someone will have to fall on their sword here and get fired over this. Not that it will do anything for the dead.

"They are not the Marines, they are not trained to run toward high rates of gunfire and kill the enemy with extreme prejudice."

You're telling me that cops aren't trained to run toward gunfire during an ACTIVE shooter? That hasn't been my experience….
Sadly most are trained to NOT go towards gun fire. They are often ordered to NOT do this. A while back I helped a young guy who worked with me get a job as an LEO. He really wanted the job and I am sure he will be VERY good. When he got the nod that he was hired I gave him a recording of a recent shooting. 2 LEO's go into house for domestic. Scum was upstairs. He pops around corner and shoots first LEO and runs back. His "partner" ran from the house, SCREAMING into her radio and left her partner to bleed out. Now I know its easy to Monday morning this but I can guarantee I would not have run off like that and I would bet my life the kid I played that recording for would not and will not if he is faced with the same situation. Sadly the LEO who ran out of the home screaming was doing what she had been trained to do. :(

Watching MSNBC for about the last 1/2 to 1 hour.
Currently, the TX Director of the DPS is being grilled by the press.

And of course, the "story" has changed (since the first reports). Though some changes are understandable (to me).

Aloha, Mark

PS....to clarify......the "material changes" are not so understandable (to me).

Last Edited:
Sadly most are trained to NOT go towards gun fire. They are often ordered to NOT do this. A while back I helped a young guy who worked with me get a job as an LEO. He really wanted the job and I am sure he will be VERY good. When he got the nod that he was hired I gave him a recording of a recent shooting. 2 LEO's go into house for domestic. Scum was upstairs. He pops around corner and shoots first LEO and runs back. His "partner" ran from the house, SCREAMING into her radio and left her partner to bleed out. Now I know its easy to Monday morning this but I can guarantee I would not have run off like that and I would bet my life the kid I played that recording for would not and will not if he is faced with the same situation. Sadly the LEO who ran out of the home screaming was doing what she had been trained to do. :(
Well then we can all agree training is an issue. And every cop that just stood by while kids got murdered should quit on the spot. If I had my choice they would be charged with negligence.

Now they have gone through a real SHTF scenario and they have first hand experience that they don't have what it takes. No excuses. Turn your badge in. The job isn't for everyone. There is no shame in admitting that you can't preform. What is a shame is if you continue knowing full well you don't have what it takes and more lives will be lost due to your cowardice. Pathetic.

Well then we can all agree training is an issue. And every cop that just stood by while kids got murdered should quit on the spot. If I had my choice they would be charged with negligence.

Now they have gone through a real SHTF scenario and they have first hand experience that they don't have what it takes. No excuses. Turn your badge in. The job isn't for everyone. There is no shame in admitting that you can't preform. What is a shame is if you continue knowing full well you don't have what it takes and more lives will be lost due to your cowardice. Pathetic.
I think my biggest issue is that they were preventing others from rushing in. "If you're not going in, you best not prevent me".

Last Edited:
How was the killer "engaged by the SRO" ?
I think this was debunked.
Killer just entered the school through an unlocked door.

1) Single point of entry.
2) Other doors hardened and to remain locked.
3) School safety officers to be armed with rifles and to be trained to a standard.

We have Elec code, Plumbing code, Building code.
We need a national School Safety Code.
The Israeli School Safety Code.
Smoke those evil bass turds at the front door.

No doubt someone, probably at the top, will lose their job over this. As for the rest? I just don't know what the hell to say. When this first hit I suspected this would be the way it went. Sadly it was worse than I feared. Sadly this is the way they are trained. One or two LEO's can't just run in when the rest are ordered to not so they all stand there. One mom was cuffed, released, ran to anther part of the place and ran into the school and got her two kids out. While Police were still standing outside because they were ordered to stand there. Bottom line if some kook comes into some building everyone in there is on their own. This is why I have always carried at work. If I could I will run. If trapped? I will not sit in a corner waiting my turn to be shot while Police are standing outside being ordered to do nothing. Everyone of course has to do what they are comfortable with. I do me, they can do them.

I think this was debunked.
Killer just entered the school through an unlocked door.

1) Single point of entry.
2) Other doors hardened and to remain locked.
3) School safety officers to be armed with rifles and to be trained to a standard.

We have Elec code, Plumbing code, Building code.
We need a national School Safety Code.
The Israeli School Safety Code.
Smoke those evil bass turds at the front door.
They have admitted he not only found an unlocked door, the damn door was propped open by a staff member. :mad:

They have admitted he not only found an unlocked door, the damn door was propped open by a staff member. :mad:
That's why all these safeguards mean nothing because human error exists. Best way to fix this problem is have people at the place of where the killer starts shooting, to shoot him and end it.

We protect our military with guns, our president is protected by guns, our elected officials are protected by guns, our banks are protected by guns; why aren't our most precious assets being protected by guns?

We protect our military with guns, our president is protected by guns, our elected officials are protected by guns, our banks are protected by guns; why aren't our most precious assets being protected by guns?
Try to get into even a sporting event with a gun to do a mass shooting, can't happen. Yet our schools are left wide open for the scum. Ukraine? Just print 40 billion any time they want. Schools? We can't afford to help. Voters? Had enough yet?

The more I read about it, the more disgusted I am with Uvalde law enforcement.

US Border Patrol agents deserve all of the credit here, they are the true heroes. They showed up on scene, didn't hesitate and immediately got to it, set aside their own safety, breached the classroom and ended the matter while Uvalde cowards stood around for an hour pissing themselves wondering what to do.

Uvalde had 20 officers standing around for more than 45 minutes and not a brave soul among them. You'd think out of 20, a few of them would have tactical SWAT training, apparently not. How the hell did they not have a tactical shield available to them?

You can't train courage, you are either brave or a coward. Sad, out of 20 officers they are all cowards. Hard to believe, they stood by while this guy murdered children.

Last Edited:
No doubt someone, probably at the top, will lose their job over this. As for the rest? I just don't know what the hell to say. When this first hit I suspected this would be the way it went. Sadly it was worse than I feared. Sadly this is the way they are trained. One or two LEO's can't just run in when the rest are ordered to not so they all stand there. One mom was cuffed, released, ran to anther part of the place and ran into the school and got her two kids out. While Police were still standing outside because they were ordered to stand there. Bottom line if some kook comes into some building everyone in there is on their own. This is why I have always carried at work. If I could I will run. If trapped? I will not sit in a corner waiting my turn to be shot while Police are standing outside being ordered to do nothing. Everyone of course has to do what they are comfortable with. I do me, they can do them.
I guess I was trained differently. If an active shooter is actively pulling the trigger you NEVER wait. You run to the shots of gun fire. If the shooting stops then you stop and start methodically searching rooms. Even if that was their SOP…. F-ck that. Do your job even if it means you loose it or your life.

It doesn't surprise me though that you are starting to see this more and more. LE agencies are hiring a specific individual who fits in a mold. Our culture demands "nice" and "friendly" or "people oriented" officers now. Well this is what you get. And kids will keep dying while "men" with guns stand outside in safety cause it's "what they were trained/told to do."

Read some Medal of Honor recipients and their stories. Many going against training or commands. I'd fear living with the knowledge that I could have done something and didn't much more than the fear of loosing my life or my job. Period. I won't stand by and apologize for "men" who had less courage then the mothers and fathers who wanted to storm into that building. It's pathetic. It's weak. It's sickening. And it's going to continue.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top