JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dude was arrested 69 times! 69...
Maybe if cops had arrived before he was shot, and he was arrested one more time... he may have finally learned his lesson.
70th time's the charmo_O

Some questioned why the Millers were armed. I don't see any problem with being armed, no matter what reason they happened to be near the dumpster. Last time I checked Texas isn't a crime-free zone, might as well be prepared just in case.

I hope I'd have enough sense to call the cops and let them deal with the big nut-case dude rather than stand there and confront him over a mattress; and the woman WITH A PHONE IN HER HAND, should have done the same.

All that said, I wouldn't charge anyone with anything. Should not be put in jail just because you're dumber than rocks. The big dude was threatening them so they were at least somewhat justified. The whole thing should have been avoided THIS TIME, but given the criminal record of the big dude this incident was going to happen eventually one way or another, only next time it might have been him doing the killing.

Some questioned why the Millers were armed. I don't see any problem with being armed, no matter what reason they happened to be near the dumpster. Last time I checked Texas isn't a crime-free zone, might as well be prepared just in case.

I hope I'd have enough sense to call the cops and let them deal with the big nut-case dude rather than stand there and confront him over a mattress; and the woman WITH A PHONE IN HER HAND, should have done the same.

All that said, I wouldn't charge anyone with anything. Should not be put in jail just because you're dumber than rocks. The big dude was threatening them so they were at least somewhat justified. The whole thing should have been avoided THIS TIME, but given the criminal record of the big dude this incident was going to happen eventually one way or another, only next time it might have been him doing the killing.

I kind of agree with the not charging anyone with anything. If the brother handed his 6'7" 260 lb. mentally challenged enraged brother a bat, after he had threatened to kill the neighbor and the neighbor's son at least 3 times during the video (and who knows how many times prior to the video rolling), at that point the "victim"/instigator is armed and the shirtless (and perhaps equally brainless) neighbors may have had reason to fear they were in danger of death or grievous bodily injury. As for the common law wife of the mentally challenged victim/instigator comment, "he had a bat, but never swung it", well, the shirtless wonders had firearms and never fired, until her common law husband brandished the bat. Waiting for him to swing it may have been too late to fire in self defense. Have to agree, a good criminal attorney (is that an oxymoron?) might be able to get them off completely, if not maybe just probation, assuming the father son duo possessed their firearms legally and have no criminal record.
That being said, a more pathetic video, I cannot recall. If any of the three had any respect for anybody, they should have been able to defuse the situation, or walk away and call the police, so the authorities can decide whether or not to arrest angry man a 70th time.

Maybe some of you guys are missing it, then again maybe I am, but this is what I'm getting...

The dumpster is the property of the alive guys, the dead guy and clueless with the camera, dumped their mattress in said dumpster. Dumpster owner takes mattress out of dumpster and throws it mattress owner's lawn, twice. I'm sure there was some "Hey jerk-off, keep your crap out of my dumpster" talk. When soon to be dead guy flips out and threatens to kill old fat redneck he produced a pistol out of his pocket and says "I don't think so." Stupid continues to ensue and...well I assume y'all watched the video.

Bottom line, there is enough stupid to fill the state of Texas in that one little alley, but that's where it went down, in Abilene, TX solid red, not CT, CA, MD, not Portland or Seattle and in Texas...

PENAL CODE

TITLE 2. GENERAL PRINCIPLES OF CRIMINAL RESPONSIBILITY

CHAPTER 9. JUSTIFICATION EXCLUDING CRIMINAL RESPONSIBILITY

SUBCHAPTER A. GENERAL PROVISIONS

If deadly force is so justified, there is no Previous duty to retreat before using it.
PENAL CODE CHAPTER 9. JUSTIFICATION EXCLUDING CRIMINAL RESPONSIBILITYPENAL CODE CHAPTER 9. JUSTIFICATION EXCLUDING CRIMINAL RESPONSIBILITY

I predict the footage published by camera lady will have the opposite effect she desires and the Miller's will walk.

Dude was arrested 69 times! 69...
Maybe if cops had arrived before he was shot, and he was arrested one more time... he may have finally learned his lesson.
70th time's the charmo_O

Yep, that's why I posted his arrest record. That dude was a ticking time bomb just waiting to explode and I have no doubt the Miller's knew that.

*off topic* I would like to say thank you to everybody who has replied to this thread. I have learned alot from everyone, I really didn't want to post this video in the first place, but it disturbed me enough that I felt I had to because I wanted other peoples take on the situation.
I honestly from my own perspective cannot say if this was self defense or murder. I guess it goes back to one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.
If this had happened back in cowboy (wild west times) it prolly wouldn't a been even making the news. from my 2018 perspective I still cant say was this a justified or unjustified shoot'' IDK

I agree there's not much info here, but on the surface the man and his punk bubblegum kid should be in jail. They were not being attacked and could have easily walked away, but chose to shoot. Lock them losers up for good. Especially punk bubblegum who shot after Dad....

What a mess.

That dude was a ticking time bomb just waiting to explode

Well yes, that's what IED means! It was quoted that he had "Intermittent Explosive Disorder"... the psych diagnostic manual has a name for everything they can dream up. BTW I have Intermittent Hunger Disorder where I get unusually famished somewhere between 8am and 10am. It's not something I can control, so it's not my fault. Food is my medication so gimme gimme gimme!!!

Well yes, that's what IED means! It was quoted that he had "Intermittent Explosive Disorder"... the psych diagnostic manual has a name for everything they can dream up. BTW I have Intermittent Hunger Disorder where I get unusually famished somewhere between 8am and 10am. It's not something I can control, so it's not my fault. Food is my medication so gimme gimme gimme!!!
I have IBD intermittent beer disorder.

Full disclosure ...I did not watch the video...I have seen enough people shot and killed in real life , and would rather not watch one die on video .
That out of the way...

I do think that no matter what law is out there...it would be far better for you , in the majority of cases , to show that :
You have done everything possible to avoid having to shoot.

Are there extreme examples and cases to say otherwise...? Of course.
I am just saying that when it comes to court and a judgment , you will need everything you can get in your favor...and even then it can be a crapshoot.
Andy

Full disclosure ...I did not watch the video...I have seen enough people shot and killed in real life , and would rather not watch one die on video .
That out of the way...

I do think that no matter what law is out there...it would be far better for you , in the majority of cases , to show that :
You have done everything possible to avoid having to shoot.

Are there extreme examples and cases to say otherwise...? Of course.
I am just saying that when it comes to court and a judgment , you will need everything you can get in your favor...and even then it can be a crapshoot.
Andy
You don't need to watch it I watched it 3 or 4 times.it was a $#!+ Show from beginning to end .

All over a garbage can

'Garbage can' is a better description than dumpster, I'm guessing. News accounts keep saying 'dumpster', but based on pictures someone posted showing the alley in question i'm starting to wonder if people in Texas just happen to call garbage cans 'dumpsters'.

Seems like the big rager had enough encounters with law enforcement such that he knew how to skirt the line in order to avoid arrest on serious charges. I'm also guessing that local cops were sick of being called on the guy and probably preferred not to have to deal with him, leaving the neighbors in the position of having to handle a violent giant on their own.

Capture.JPG

What they don't recycle in Texas.
I don't see any blue cans lol
I have three cans one for trash one for recycling and one for yard waste . And all my neighbor's have the same thing .
And if they need to I let them use mine if there's is full and vise versa.
Nobody gets shot in my ally .
Unless you're crawling through the window of a neighbor's house when you shouldn't be lol

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top