JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have had knock down drag out fights with my brother I even had him come at me with a knife .
I told him you better stop and think because if you stab me I will stick that knife so far up your@$$ the corner won't find it .

No, I wasn't kidding you and if a restraining order doesn't mean bubblegum to people like this then you either live with it or figure something else out.
Well I guess I have to shoot my brother in the alley like a dog that's the only way .
But who knows it might come to that some day.
But then again we live in a state that loves illagal alains .maybe I get him to change his name to Migal instead of Mike and we might get some help

That rite there is probably what was going on in the OP video.

No telling how fed up the neighborhood was with that guys antics, so yah, not well figured out on there part.
Lol if I remember correctly @RVTECH lives out in the middle of nowhere he doesn't have to deal with neighbors .
So what ever .

Lol if I remember correctly @RVTECH lives out in the middle of nowhere he doesn't have to deal with neighbors.So what ever .
Not exactly the middle of nowhere - a rural subdivision - and I do have neighbors albeit of a somewhat different 'demographic' than the Texans......

To clarify: Dead guy threated to kill them with a bb gun (then said put a 9 in them apparently), and the dead guy himself did not reach for a bat. His brother did handed him a bat.

Wife knew he had a problem, brother should know he had a problem, neither did a damn thing except encourage it while just recording it. Not picking a side, but those two are just as responsible for the situation getting out of hand.

What kind of idiot faces down two armed red necks and threatens to take the gun and kill them with it... sure this wasn't staged?
I've seen several stand your ground vids lately that are casting negativity.... Just saying..:s0153:
Their are alot of stupid people on earth.

And please don't bring up the baseball bat as he did not have it initially and only grabbed it only out of most likely irrational, paranoid fear.

Well, but he was not shot until he had the baseball bat put into his hands by his brother. That was really an incredibly stupid move by the dead man's brother, to retrieve that bat and bring it out to him, don't you think?

If you look at it from the point of view of the Millers, the raving mad man who has been threatening repeatedly to kill you, now has a deadly weapon in his hands. I don't see the baseball bat as being irrelevant at all.

The Millers were wrong and should have backed off and handled it rationally and legally but their appearance and hearing them struggle to exceed their probable 25 word vocabulary kind of negated that avenue.

Oh, I don't believe that anyone believes that the Millers were not incredibly stupid too, and were dead wrong to escalate a dispute over putting a mattress in a dumpster.

But I honestly don't see absolute blame on either side here. It is hard to get past all of the thick-headedness that took place among all of the participants in this incident. The Millers come across as being total nitwits, and Howard appears to be a man who is totally out of control emotionally.

No one deserves to be shot over a dumpster dispute.

True. But if you are 6 ft 7 inches tall and weigh 260 lbs, you will not make many friends by screaming right into their face that you are going to kill them.

I don't think that the Millers will be found guilty of first degree murder. I personally think that a manslaughter conviction is the more likely outcome of their trial. I think it would be hard to get a unanimous jury decision for murder, either first degree or second degree.

Likewise, though, I think that the Millers did more than just criminally negligent homicide, much less engage in valid self-defense. No, I think that manslaughter, which is a 2nd degree class felony in Texas, is the crime that probably best describes what happened her.

2nd degree class felonies in Texas are punishable with a sentence of from 2 to 20 years in state prison.

Likewise, though, I think that the Millers did more than just criminally negligent homicide, much less engage in valid self-defense. No, I think that manslaughter, which is a 2nd degree class felony in Texas, is the crime that probably best describes what happened her.
Well stated and I agree - I just do not believe the Millers should get off scot-free.

Some of you did not watch the video, others did so w/o the volume.

1) Dead guy threatened to kill a mailman for walking between his cars and his window when the mailman was trying to deliver the mail.
2) He's got a rap sheet longer than my arm.
3) He threatened to kill both of the Miller's multiple time.
4) He came after John Miller with a baseball bat.
5) He threw the bat at John Miller after John shot him twice.

lwgH8.jpg

Warning this video is pretty graphic

much fail from all involved :(

So much stupidity on display. No way to know what lead up to this but the dead guy was begging to get shot. Best part was Wife screaming like she could not believe it happened. I suspect the shooters are going to be in for a LONG legal fight now so I hope this was all worth it to them. What a waste.

I suspect that the father and son will be absolved. How many times do you need your life threatened and then a weapon introduced, to react? Do not threaten others' lives unless you are willing to give up your own...

For more context, the guy in the orange shirt (who got shot) threatened to kill the mailman and was arrested for it before this happened.

I figured anyone that damn stupid had to have a record of other encounters. No one just up and does that one day at his age. He got away with many of these kind of things no doubt. This time his stupidity turned deadly for him.

I suspect that the father and son will be absolved. How many times do you need your life threatened and then a weapon introduced, to react? Do not threaten others' lives unless you are willing to give up your own...
Since it's TX maybe. It sure looks like they could have just walked away, I would have. Even if they get off they are facing a LOT of legal problems over this. The moron who got shot gets no sympathy from me but damn, there was just so much stupidity on display here.

Since it's TX maybe. It sure looks like they could have just walked away, I would have. Even if they get off they are facing a LOT of legal problems over this. The moron who got shot gets no sympathy from me but damn, there was just so much stupidity on display here.
I agree anyone could have walked away but if your life has been threatened multiple times walking away does not end your troubles.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top