JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The silver lining is that no one involved will continue to polute the world, except maybe the woman.

^. This. It makes one stop and ponder what unholy combination of defective genes and mind-altering substances culminated in this grade of cretin.

They had plenty of opportunities to deescalate and/or get the authorities involved to sort it out, but they chose the path of the moron. One is in the morgue and other two will experience the living hell that is the prison system. And, naturally, the taxpayer gets to pickup the tab for their arrest, trial, incarceration, et al. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing the two shooters won't get as much time as would seem apparent (or maybe none at all). Dead guy has a significant arrest record and locals report most neighbors were afraid of the 6'7" rage monster. Sounds like shotgun guy was a city engineer, and dad probably has a clean record also, so maybe a Texas jury won't be in a hurry to convict. Just speculating of course.

Yogi and Boo Boo will be going to the Graybar Hotel, looks like.
And Ranger Rick will be waiting with the Vaseline.

:D

^. This. It makes one stop and ponder what unholy combination of defective genes and mind-altering substances culminated in this grade of cretin.

They had plenty of opportunities to deescalate and/or get the authorities involved to sort it out, but they chose the path of the moron. One is in the morgue and other two will experience the living hell that is the prison system. And, naturally, the taxpayer gets to pickup the tab for their arrest, trial, incarceration, et al. :rolleyes:

In the article they say someone got a bat from the house it mentions dead guy's Brother.
And you can see the bat come flying into the picture at the end .
I'm just guessing but brother runs into house gets bat comes out gives it to dead guy .
And not long after shots .
Lots of stupid in that ally .

Yes, that is exactly what happened. Howard's brother was also extremely stupid, to go into the house, and come back and put a baseball bat into his brother's hands. Since when is a baseball bat going to be effective against both a handgun and a shotgun?

All the dead man's brother accomplished, was to basically ensure his brother's death. I mean really, putting a baseball bat into the hands of someone who is worked up in a blind rage, and is threatening to kill people?

How does God create such stupid people?

Here is a link to a news report from Texas, that explains what happened:

'You pulled a gun in front of my kids over a mattress,' man says before he's shot dead

This was my exact thought! WTF are people thinking? They hung out like they wanted to shoot the dude. Everyone had ample time to walk away and live another day.

Dude, they did not want that mattress put into the dumpster. That was the issue that the entire confrontation was all about: Whether it was OK or not to put the mattress in the dumpster.

A fight to the death, over a worn out mattress!

Perhaps if the person (wife?) doing the video, had stopped and put away the phone/camera to get in the future corpse's face, this whole mess could have ended differently. I've seldom seen where a video taken in these sort of personal, pissing contests does anything other than to exacerbate the "I'm the Alpha-dog" posturing of aggressive morons to look tuff.

After all, what good is a viral video of you having a showdown with Frick and Frack ... and loosing? :rolleyes:

Very doubtful that the wife recording the video played any role at all in this fiasco. Just look at both of the men with the guns. Their eyes are glued to the screaming maniac who is saying that he is going to kill both of them. I don't ever see them in the video look at the camera and the wife.

What turned this incident deadly, is when the dead man's brother came out, and handed a baseball bat to him. At that point, he became armed with a deadly weapon too.

Unless I missed it. What was the reason the father and son ended up in the alley to begin with ? Was the father taking out his trash at that moment ? Was it normal to have to pack a gun to take out trash to the dumpster because of the continual fear of a unhinged neighbor ?

If you read the article at the link that I posted earlier, you will learn that the two armed men were upset at Howard for placing a worn out mattress in the dumpster in the alley that was between their homes. The dispute was over garbage.

Howard was also known for being a hothead and threatening violence. Which is probably why they were armed.

The dude was a bully, he probably went through his whole life having people back down from him, he found a pair that didn't.

BTW he was know for retaliation and had been arrested multiple times for it.

Yes, that is exactly what happened. Howard's brother was also extremely stupid, to go into the house, and come back and put a baseball bat into his brother's hands. Since when is a baseball bat going to be effective against both a handgun and a shotgun?

All the dead man's brother accomplished, was to basically ensure his brother's death. I mean really, putting a baseball bat into the hands of someone who is worked up in a blind rage, and is threatening to kill people?

How does God create such stupid people?

Here is a link to a news report from Texas, that explains what happened:

'You pulled a gun in front of my kids over a mattress,' man says before he's shot dead
And with a good lawyer .
Even though they could have walked away at anytime they have a really good chance at not doing any time at all .
Clearly multiple threat's to kill them .
And then hot head mental crazy guys Brother
Hands him a baseball bat in the middle of a fight with two guys with guns . Brother should probably be charged also for something.

With that in mind, it's hard to blame a couple of out of shape hicks for wanting to even the odds when expecting a confrontation with a guy like that.
The dude was a bully, he probably went through his whole life having people back down from him, he found a pair that didn't.

He was indeed a mentally challenged, violent, unstable, criminally-inclined, possibly intoxicated (based upon his manner of speech), morally bankrupt, and in every other respect, piece of fecal matter. While that fact is not in contention, why would someone deliberately interface (armed or otherwise) with such an individual? There were a number of ways to avoid an altercation with the cretin, not the least of which a simple call to the local law enforcement agency. The men and women in law enforcement do great work with such problematic situations.

If the complaint is our society is far to easy on, and in fact so often rewards, the idiot class, one has no argument from me. It is, in fact, one of the things I am absolutely disgusted by our current culture. That said, avoiding/minimizing contact with, successfully handling, or otherwise dealing with the Morlocks, is a survival skill in contemporary America if one wants to enjoy life, liberty, and success.

All that put another way, is such a worthless pile of crap worth ruining or losing your life, family, assets, and career over? Naturally, the answer should be in the negative. To quote Miyamoto Musashi, "When your opponent is hurrying recklessly, you must act contrarily and keep calm. You must not be influenced by the opponent."

He was indeed a mentally challenged, violent, unstable, criminally-inclined, possibly intoxicated (based upon his manner of speech), morally bankrupt, and in every other respect, piece of fecal matter. While that fact is not in contention, why would someone deliberately interface (armed or otherwise) with such an individual? There were a number of ways to avoid an altercation with the cretin, not the least of which a simple call to the local law enforcement agency. The men and women in law enforcement do great work with such problematic situations.

If the complaint is our society is far to easy on, and in fact so often rewards, the idiot class, one has no argument from me. It is, in fact, one of the things I am absolutely disgusted by our current culture. That said, avoiding/minimizing contact with, successfully handling, or otherwise dealing with the Morlocks, is a survival skill in contemporary America if one wants to enjoy life, liberty, and success.

All that put another way, is such a worthless pile of crap worth ruining or losing your life, family, assets, and career over? Naturally, the answer should be in the negative. To quote Miyamoto Musashi, "When your opponent is hurrying recklessly, you must act contrarily and keep calm. You must not be influenced by the opponent."

You'll get know argument here. Personally, I wouldn't have been there.

Id have said call the cops, I'll talk with them, and then go bu bye....
Speaking of the ignorant of Amaerica,
Oh yea reminds me Live PD is on tonight with allot of em....

You must not be influenced by the opponent."
Nor should you instigate him either.
If the guy was in fact mentally challenged, unstable and violent then the shirtless land manatees were doing just this and had they not killed him could have been guilty of some form of 'abuse' - regardless of the guy's size or state of mind.
They were armed and continued to 'poke the bear' (who was unarmed) and just kept poking when they had every opportunity to leave the area and seek another approach such as calling LEO.
Truth is never a defense in court and regardless of who or what the dead guy was will not matter. The father and son were the aggressors and escalated the situation.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads