JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Rounding out my 14th month on the Rugged Oculus. 11th month on the Rugged Onsidian. 7th month on the YHM Turbo.

Curious to hear what you all would do? Seeing as I'm the only one here minus 1 other that has been butt raped by this whole thing, what would you do?

Keep waiting? With zero ability to get any idea of when the wait will end if ever?

Call it a day?

Reno you have gone this far. Wait it out. If you cancel it they will tell you oh sorry it was all done but now you have to start over. Give it to the new year and see what happens. My .02

Rounding out my 14th month on the Rugged Oculus. 11th month on the Rugged Onsidian. 7th month on the YHM Turbo.

Curious to hear what you all would do? Seeing as I'm the only one here minus 1 other that has been butt raped by this whole thing, what would you do?

Keep waiting? With zero ability to get any idea of when the wait will end if ever?

Call it a day?

I assume you have called the ATF to check on the status of each form 4? If not, I would start there and make sure they weren't returned for corrections to your dealer. If they are in fact still "pending" then really all you can do is wait...unfortunately. It's defintiely not an exact science over there.

Call it a day?
Buy more and practice a bit more of that sweet patience you have been cultivating so well :D

Seriously though just hang in there. Maybe talk to your FFL and see if you can get a conjugal visit. Even if they don't normally do that. Maybe you can work something out? And if that doesn't pan out buy another one from someone else that does allow conjugal visits :cool:

We all feel for ya. The game is annoying, but not a whole lot we can do.

Day 320. Pending FBI background check. Form 1.

I also have a Form 4 for a Gemtech Raptor out there as well but it was only submitted in May.

E

Still a little freaked out by today's events.

Totally made my day and on Black Friday to boot.

Was at Bimart when I got the call getting some of that 22lr.

1 down 2 to go. Hopefully my 1st one is coming soon too, which kind of pisses me off I'm getting this one before it. Happy nonetheless.

I submitted for this one on November 15 2017, it was approved on November 16 2018. Stamp was cashed somewhere in early December 2017. Received today November 23 2018. A day over a year from submission to approval.

This makes me the biggest complainer in this thread! Lol!

I feel better now!

EDB68BBF-9A41-462A-86B4-A6805522389D.jpeg 23480CC3-2EA0-432A-A343-EBD5A1A7A4AC.jpeg

Still a little freaked out by today's events.

Totally made my day and on Black Friday to boot.

Was at Bimart when I got the call getting some of that 22lr.

1 down 2 to go. Hopefully my 1st one is coming soon too, which kind of pisses me off I'm getting this one before it. Happy nonetheless.

I submitted for this one on November 15 2017, it was approved on November 16 2018. Stamp was cashed somewhere in early December 2017. Received today November 23 2018. A day over a year from submission to approval.

This makes me the biggest complainer in this thread! Lol!

I feel better now!

View attachment 520971 View attachment 520972

I would think that with a fresh approval in hand, now would be the time to make your case with an examiner to fast track your first submission.....if such a thing is even possible.

It completely boggles my mind that the NFA division is run in the manner that it is. A approval on one submission should logically be a approval for all submissions currently in the system.....but I know.....it doesn't work that way. :confused:

E

I would think that with a fresh approval in hand, now would be the time to make your case with an examiner to fast track your first submission.....if such a thing is even possible.

It completely boggles my mind that the NFA division is run in the manner that it is. A approval on one submission should logically be a approval for all submissions currently in the system.....but I know.....it doesn't work that way. :confused:

E
It's the FBI background checks that screw up this whole process. If they were doing their job the turn around time from application to arrival of your stamp would be 5 to 7 months.

It's the FBI background checks that screw up this whole process. If they were doing their job the turn around time from application to arrival of your stamp would be 5 to 7 months.

I understand that. I have a Form 1 sitting in FBI BGC purgatory as I type.
Reno's first submission is also sitting there as well.

What I am saying is that if I were the ATF/NFA king for a day and I received a approval back from the FBI, I would do a quick name search and see how many other submissions that person had pending approval. Then I would get out my rubber stamp.

E

Last Edited:
I understand that. I have a Form 1 sitting in FBI BGC purgatory as a type.
Reno's first submission is also sitting there as well.

What I am saying is that if I were the ATF/NFA king for a day and I received a approval back from the FBI, I would do a quick name search and see how many other submissions that person had pending approval. Then I would get out my rubber stamp.

E
I'm with you. Too bad we are not in charge.

E
Called today to see if I could do this exact thing as the one from Sept last year was still pending FBI background check lol. Spoke with my examiner again on the older submission. She just sounds jaded and unmotivated to even move a finger. I'm certain now these FBI background check status's are totally a fabrication of the NFA branch. When o spoke with the Stephanie last she sent my older submissions to someone upstairs and it at least got Terry Whittington the examiner on my 9mm to complete the ppwk. Apparently Christina Ferrous don't give a F. "Just call back in a week." Is all she could muster in response.

Ok going for a second form 1. First one took just short of a year. Handed this one off at the post office 11/26/2018. Lets see how long this one takes.

I am hearing of miraculous turn around times using the reanimated Form 1 e-file. There are reports on the HKPro forum of early November submissions and approvals arriving 10-15 days later in the month.

ATF E-Forms

E

I am hearing of miraculous turn around times using the reanimated Form 1 e-file. There are reports on the HKPro forum of early November submissions and approvals arriving 10-15 days later in the month.

ATF E-Forms

E
Just went to the ATF website and here is there quote.

Note: NFA eForm 1, 4 and 5 are not in service at the present time, due to regulatory change implementation with no set date of restoration to service.

Just went to the ATF website and here is there quote.

Note: NFA eForm 1, 4 and 5 are not in service at the present time, due to regulatory change implementation with no set date of restoration to service.

That's a old announcement.

Go here.....

https://eforms.atf.gov/EForms/faces...4588688238042297&_adf.ctrl-state=17co3inowi_4

......or you are seeing this.

Please note that on every Wednesday:

ATF eForms is unavailable between 4:00 am and 6:00 pm Eastern Time. ATF reserves the use of the eForms system during this time to allow ATF staff to process any submitted application forms without competing for the system resources with the industry members that are trying to submit new forms. ATF also uses this time to conduct any scheduled maintenance that needs to be done on the system.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this procedure may cause but we believe that the benefits far outweigh the inconvenience.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top