JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Kabuki theater to get voters
Or an old school SmackDown monologue.
macho6-1431844024.jpg

Wonder if it will be the same scenario with the Hearing Protection Act when they had a majority and decided to fart around instead, and nothing happened. Political jerk session at best unfortunately, IMHO.
Bingo. If they had the House, Senate, and White House, but couldn't even muster lip service then, it ain't happening now.

Bingo. If they had the House, Senate, and White House, but couldn't even muster lip service then, it ain't happening now.
When Trump was POTUS, the big effort/time/political capital was to repeal ADA ACA, which they eventually gave up and went to removing the mandate (that everybody prove they had insurance). Removing the mandate mostly accomplished the same result, but the damage of the ADA ACAwas done (rates still went sky high).

Had the GOP and POTUS spent the capital/etc. on the HPA instead, it would have gone faster and easier and there would have been time/capital left over for other things.

This proved to me, that the GOP only pays lip service, if that, to our gun rights. They put in their policy statements to get elected, then do nothing to follow thru.

Last Edited:
When Trump was POTUS, the big effort/time/political capital was to repeal ADA, which they eventually gave up and went to removing the mandate (that everybody prove they had insurance). Removing the mandate mostly accomplished the same result, but the damage of the ADA was done (rates still went sky high).

Had the GOP and POTUS spent the capital/etc. on the HPA instead, it would have gone faster and easier and there would have been time/capital left over for other things.

This proved to me, that the GOP only pays lip service, if that, to our gun rights. They put in their policy statements to get elected, then do nothing to follow thru.
You mean ACA?

Anyone with a working brain can see there is zero reason for it to take more than minuets. If someone is legal to own the gun the suppressor is going on WTF is the 9 month delay? Have they ever had someone who 7 months in they "found out" they could not own one? The only reason Wife and I do not currently have any cans is this crap. In a way its a good thing I guess. If they did set it up where it was the same BGC to buy a can as buying the gun its for? I would no doubt have several of the things by now. If they just sold them like firearms just imagine the money they would be taking in monthly from the sudden jump in sales.

Anyone with a working brain can see there is zero reason for it to take more than minuets. If someone is legal to own the gun the suppressor is going on WTF is the 9 month delay? Have they ever had someone who 7 months in they "found out" they could not own one? The only reason Wife and I do not currently have any cans is this crap. In a way its a good thing I guess. If they did set it up where it was the same BGC to buy a can as buying the gun its for? I would no doubt have several of the things by now. If they just sold them like firearms just imagine the money they would be taking in monthly from the sudden jump in sales.
Indeed. It makes me wonder if it's just ATF using the functional equivalent of MS-DOS and 486 processors instead of upgrading anything

Indeed. It makes me wonder if it's just ATF using the functional equivalent of MS-DOS and 486 processors instead of upgrading anything
I have LONG wondered about that myself. I have to suspect they must have a handful (if that many) people who are doing the stamps. Most likely working in an office where an 8 hour day is broken up into :10 of work followed by breaks, lunch, meetings, and such. Its hard to see any other way they could possibly make it take this long.

I have LONG wondered about that myself. I have to suspect they must have a handful (if that many) people who are doing the stamps. Most likely working in an office where an 8 hour day is broken up into :10 of work followed by breaks, lunch, meetings, and such. Its hard to see any other way they could possibly make it take this long.
You've read of how often E-Forms crashed and froze and generally didn't work properly even before the "amnesty" thing?

You've read of how often E-Forms crashed and froze and generally didn't work properly even before the "amnesty" thing?
No, have not paid much attention to it. Does not come as any surprise though. WA just set up a new BGC system and I was fully expecting my last gun purchase to take weeks due to it. I really figured the whole thing would promptly crash. Was quite shocked when it actually worked. That the Fed system for doing NFA stuff can't just work like the Insta Check is a prime example of let the gov touch something and it turns to 💩

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top