JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
WaBam!!!!

20181129_175649.jpg

Well, I just put the money down on a suppressor. Going through Sporting Sytems and having them shepherd it all through for me as its my very first. Get photo and fingerprints done next week
Then, I guess I get to wait.
Getting a Dead Air. Ghost M

From HKPro regarding wait times:
The reason F1s are taking so long is this;
When you file with Eforms, if your submission is flagged for a BRC don't plan on getting an approval for 6-8 months. They will even tell you when you call to check the the wait time is 7 months as a catch all. It's just the way it is now. Same with paper mail ins. You get tagged for BRC your screwed until the FBI reviews your name, arrest record or whatever it is that flagged a BRC in the first place. Furthermore any subsequent submissions will also flag your name for the same reason it did on the previous submissions. They don't keep record of previous clearances.
Before Eforms came back online those that were not flagged got approvals in about 4 months. The Eform approvals that are being reported in 2 weeks probably will not last because the increase of submissions and everyone thinking it will only take a week or two has increased the volume. Those that WERE approved bypassed the BRC and went straight to approval.
The point is, is that if your name gets flagged (and it could be for various reasons like a similar name with a record) your screwed until FBI reviews it. ATF is completely separate from this function and there isn't jack they can do until the goon squad reviews your case. This is why when you call to check your status you get told "it's awaiting FBI BRC". If you don't get flagged the approval will be a couple weeks with Eforms, 2-3 months by snail mail.
FBI is reviewing BRCs currently from May 2018. So if your subs are after May and you got flagged, it will be months.
It is not like the pre 41F Eforms and not going to be as long as the BRC crap is present which was not pre 41F.
I have 6 pending (3 snail mail and 3 Eforms). Every single one has been flagged even though I had 5 approved as recently as Sept. No record, never been arrested and have a LTC which also required a BRC, prints, photos, doesn't matter.
These will be the last ones I do. Just not worth it IMO.

Well, I just put the money down on a suppressor. Going through Sporting Sytems and having them shepherd it all through for me as its my very first. Get photo and fingerprints done next week
Then, I guess I get to wait.
Getting a Dead Air. Ghost M
Did you go through SilencerShop? They were running a promo on Dead Air Ghosts. But any Dead Air Silencer and get a Ghost for 399.

Did you go through SilencerShop? They were running a promo on Dead Air Ghosts. But any Dead Air Silencer and get a Ghost for 399.

No, I set a budget of $1K for the whole process so the extra $399 plus (I assume) an extra tax stamp would have been a show stopper.
Being as this is my first suppressor and I am clueless as the process, I went through Sporting Systems here in Vancouver. They know what they are doing in this regard and with their being local,
I can phone or walk in every 30 minutes asking "Is it in yet? Is it in yet?":s0060:

So, bearing in mind I am new at this...
Say I want to get another suppressor, after this one has been approved and stamp delivered.
Do I still need a photo and fingerprints on subsequent forms or am I in the system etc.?
Are second, third etc. tax stamps any faster than the first?

Last Edited:
No, I set a budget of $1K for the whole process so the extra $399 plus (I assume) an extra tax stamp would have been a show stopper.
Being as this is my first suppressor and I am clueless as the process, I went through Sporting Systems here in Vancouver. They know what they are doing in this regard and with their being local,
I can phone or walk in every 30 minutes asking "Is it in yet? Is it in yet?":s0060:
Good call on Dans shop. They are good people.

For just over 1k you could have gotten the Dead Air Mask 22 can at $400 and that would have qualified for the $400 Ghost M. Plus two tax stamps you'd be at 1200 for 2.

https://www.silencershop.com/dead-air-mask-22-hd.html

So, bearing in kind I am new at this...
Say I want to get another suppressor, after this one has been approved and stamp delivered.
Do I still need a photo and fingerprints on subsequent forms or am I in the system etc.?
Are second, third etc. tax stamps any faster than the first?

When I did my first submission through Silencer Shop, they told me that the photo/fingerprints they (Silencer Shop) had on file were good for six months. I did a second Form 4 about four months after my first submission and it was literally done over the phone and then emailed to me for my signature. Now, since my six months is up, I would have to do a new set of finger prints and photo at one of their kiosks.

The AFT however does not keep photos and fingerprints. Each submission must have those two items as part of the application.....every time. As for time/faster than the first.......no guarantee. Your second or third stamp could actually take longer. o_O

E

The AFT however does not keep photos and fingerprints. Each submission must have those two items as part of the application.....every time. As for time/faster than the first.......no guarantee. Your second or third stamp could actually take longer. o_O

E
Yeesh
I can't believe I actually thought there would be government efficiency
I don't know what I was thinking.:confused:

Here's to hoping that my suppressors will have as good of luck as my form 1 did. I sent a paper form for an SBR. Nothing fancy.
Form filled out on 7-27-18
Mailed on 7-31-18
Received?
Check cashed?
Stamped on 11-26-18
In my mail box 12-2-18
I guess all those years of nobody spelling my name correctly finally paid off. Too bad for the future generations it's now in the top 5 baby names. Just like everyone else says if I'm approved for 1 why can't they stamp all the rest of them they have with my name on them at the same time. Is it even possible to get denied for one if you get approved for another? That sure would be awkward. Hopefully this is the current trend for people submitting right now. It sure makes me want to file for a few more while things are going through "quickly"

Here's to hoping that my suppressors will have as good of luck as my form 1 did. I sent a paper form for an SBR. Nothing fancy.
Form filled out on 7-27-18
Mailed on 7-31-18
Received?
Check cashed?
Stamped on 11-26-18
In my mail box 12-2-18
I guess all those years of nobody spelling my name correctly finally paid off. Too bad for the future generations it's now in the top 5 baby names. Just like everyone else says if I'm approved for 1 why can't they stamp all the rest of them they have with my name on them at the same time. Is it even possible to get denied for one if you get approved for another? That sure would be awkward. Hopefully this is the current trend for people submitting right now. It sure makes me want to file for a few more while things are going through "quickly"

My paper form 1 suppressor took just over 4 months, from early feb to mid june of this year. I submitted an electronic form one on 11/16, and usps tracking says my fingerprints were delivered to the ATF on 11/23. It supposedly takes 10-15 days, but I'm sure the backlog has only increased since they started doing eform1s again a few months back.

Well speak of the ATF... just got my stamp in my email inbox. What a time to be alive.

18 days from the eform submission, 11 days after they received my prints.

Thought about doing an sbr or two, but with the sba3, it kind of just makes it a resale/transport hassle.

Well speak of the ATF... just got my stamp in my email inbox. What a time to be alive.

18 days from the eform submission, 11 days after they received my prints.

Thought about doing an sbr or two, but with the sba3, it kind of just makes it a resale/transport hassle.
"Just got my stamp in my email inbox" ???

I'm not sure how to do the efile thing but sounds like its going super fast that way. Maybe it's a big city thing like the kiosks for suppressors Haha I'm fine mailing my stuff in I guess for now. I just got an sba3 for a pistol build but i like the idea of having an SBR as well. Might as well have a couple of each if you can. Also this form 1 i did is for a ps90 so not much in the way of options for that. I would love to do one for my vepr 12 as well as the salvo suppressor for it. I'm not sure how a brace would work for that so I see both sides of SBR vs brace

How to guide and walk-through guide for the ATF eForm 1 NFA Tax Stamp Application - ATF eForm 5320.1 Application to Make and Register a Firearm : NFA

This is a pretty good guide. The online form has besically the same questions, just in a different format.

Your responsible persons paperwork for trusts has to be filled out, physically signed, then scanned or photographed and uploaded as a pdf.

A passport style photo of yourself must be uploaded. I just took a selfie in front of a white wall.

If you're filing as a trust, and have not been approved in the last 12(?) Months, you need to upload your signed and noterized trust documents in pdf. If you have been approved recently, you supposedly dont need to, I uploaded it just in case because I had it handy.

Then they email you a document to print out and mail in with two fbi finger print cards, as well as the filled out cleo paperwork that should be printed and mailed.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top