JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Going through Silencer Shop online and a lot of them are out of stock or back-ordered. I checked locally at Keith's Sporting in Gresham and they had the one I'm interested in stock.
Keith's is a dogbubblegum place. I will never spend 1 cent there as long as I live.

Scum of the earth

Northwest armory has tons in stock, high line firearms, mk tactical, adaptive firing solutions you'd have to call and ask for accurate inventory.

Last Edited:
Re .22lr it almost doesn't matter what the can is in terms of noise reduction (tiny cans excluded). That means you can get cheap cans and they work just as well as expensive ones (benefits such as flow through designs or better materials aren't there though). J&b Fe has one for $149 and creative arms used to cost $150 a few months ago. So that's $350 with stamp. Not bad for what it offers Imo. I paid $109 for mine on sale and it's very quiet and has many many thousands of rounds through it. They are especially fun with a binary trigger. Pew pew pew! :s0112:
So I decided to bite the bullet and order one, but they were out of stock at the two big online stores for what I was looking for, a good 9mm for my 9mm carbine and 22 rifle, both with the same thread size. I decided to look at my little local shop, and they happened to have it in stock! What luck. Let's just hope the forms are still going through quickly with the ATF. It's a Dead Air Mojave 9.

So I decided to bite the bullet and order one, but they were out of stock at the two big online stores for what I was looking for, a good 9mm for my 9mm carbine and 22 rifle, both with the same thread size. I decided to look at my little local shop, and they happened to have it in stock! What luck. Let's just hope the forms are still going through quickly with the ATF. It's a Dead Air Mojave 9.
Congrats! Forms should go through fast if individual efiling.

When mine come in I hope to test 9mm with 22 sized wipe vs regular 22 baffle can vs 22 3d printed monocore can. Have a feeling the 2 22 cans will be within 2 db of each other (not counting first round) and the 9mm will be close (with wipe). But all guesswork at this point. I guess my point might be that 9mm with wipe could give same sound level as a 22 can. That's the hypothesis anyway (which may well be proven wrong under experimentation).

Last Edited:
Congrats! Forms should go through fast if individual efiling.

When mine come in I hope to test 9mm with 22 sized wipe vs regular 22 baffle can vs 22 3d printed monocore can. Have a feeling the 2 22 cans will be within 2 db of each other and the 9mm will be close (with wipe). But all guesswork at this point. I guess my point might be that 9mm with wipe could give same sound level as a 22 can. That's the hypothesis anywa (which may well be proven wrong under experimentation).
Sounds like a fun experiment anyway about it.

If I like the new can I might also buy a threaded barrel for one of my 9mm Glocks, probably the 19. The can is supposed to be small enough for pistol sights from what I read.

Now that I have a suppressor on the way, I'm looking at subsonic 9mm ammo. It looks like Bimart has the cheapest price at around 27 cents a round for Blazer 124 Gr, 1090 fps. Ammunition Depot is 29 cents a round, and you have to buy a 1000 rounds for that price.

1090 fps is close to 1127 fps. That's only 37 fps slower. I wonder how accurate their ratings are for fps?

Now that I have a suppressor on the way, I'm looking at subsonic 9mm ammo. It looks like Bimart has the cheapest price at around 27 cents a round for Blazer 124 Gr, 1090 fps. Ammunition Depot is 29 cents a round, and you have to buy a 1000 rounds for that price.

1090 fps is close to 1127 fps. That's only 37 fps slower. I wonder how accurate their ratings are for fps?
I consider that ammo supersonic. Check what barrel length the fps was measured at if really curious. Temperature and elevation influence speed of sound (and of course length of barrel can impact this also). I would go with 147 grain or heavier.

Some other ammo fps results to give an idea fwiw, note effect of barrel length.

89652D52-8B5E-405C-9718-B1AF36C14098.png

Last Edited:

SGammo "free" shipping for orders over $200. Can mix & match if you wish to try out various stuff. Average is around $.30/round subsonic 9mm.

The owner also has videos of various subs chronographed thru his handgun & a PCC.

I consider that ammo supersonic. Check what barrel length the fps was measured at if really curious. Temperature and elevation influence speed of sound (and of course length of barrel can impact this also). I would go with 147 grain or heavier.

Some other ammo fps results to give an idea fwiw, note effect of barrel length.

View attachment 1860085
Thanks. I started looking at SAAMI specs, and it seems they use a 4" barrel standard for 9mm rounds. My carbine has a 16" barrel, and the specs I found for the difference of a 4" to 16" barrel averaged about 180 fps more (124 gr).

It may not be worth it for me to try and find subsonic for my 9mm carbine.

The Federal 147 grain subsonic is 1000 fps. Possibly out of a 16" barrel that could be 1122 fps (looking at the charts). That's almost too close for comfort.

SGammo "free" shipping for orders over $200. Can mix & match if you wish to try out various stuff. Average is around $.30/round subsonic 9mm.

The owner also has videos of various subs chronographed thru his handgun & a PCC.
Looks like a good source, especially being they have 165 gr., @ 800 fps. Thanks for the source.

Thanks. I started looking at SAAMI specs, and it seems they use a 4" barrel standard for 9mm rounds. My carbine has a 16" barrel, and the specs I found for the difference of a 4" to 16" barrel averaged about 180 fps more (124 gr).

It may not be worth it for me to try and find subsonic for my 9mm carbine.

The Federal 147 grain subsonic is 1000 fps. Possibly out of a 16" barrel that could be 1122 fps (looking at the charts). That's almost too close for comfort.
If you are not using BBTI you are making things hard on yourself;

They list 147grn Federals at 1073 out of a 16 inch barrel as tested. Not sure if that is close enough for you, but there you are.

If you are not using BBTI you are making things hard on yourself;

They list 147grn Federals at 1073 out of a 16 inch barrel as tested. Not sure if that is close enough for you, but there you are.
The BBTI is a good way to go, because the SAAMI standards are voluntary, and I noticed the ammunition manufactures don't say what standards they use.

The BBTI is a good way to go, because the SAAMI standards are voluntary, and I noticed the ammunition manufactures don't say what standards they use.
I wish more people understood "reference material".

I spent some time reading through their archived website at BBTI and it blows my mind how many people it seems asked for every combination when I'm willing to bet nobody offered up any money or ammo to test.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top