JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's unknowable. About the best the health experts can do is look at statistics and try to make educated guesses.

Getting the vax is similar to religious belief. It may or may not work, but why take a chance?

And on the subject of chances, there is some, however small, element of that in every vaccine. But most parents opt to get their children vaccinated against Polio, 92.5%. That in view of the fact that Polio is almost unheard of now in the US, but people still get their children vaxed. The chance of vaccination-induced contraction of polio is greater than one in a million globally, less in the US.
If you really want the truth and be really informed about vaccines the buy a book by RFK Jr titled The Real Anthony Fauci. The book is backed up with real science and every word written is sourced so you can check him out for truth.

yup, but then why didn't they rebel? Wouldnt fly here in the US then or now.
Rebel? Who would stand with them? The history I read about how the European jews were treated shows a lot of hate for them. That's the way groups are targeted all over the world, spread the hate and turn the population against them.

Covid is a perfect example of spreading hate and fear, those who didn't get the jab know how the European jews felt in WWII. Our own neighbors turned against us and stole our freedom because they were fed fear. Fear and lies are powerful.

Rebel? Who would stand with them? The history I read about how the European jews were treated shows a lot of hate for them. That's the way groups are targeted all over the world, spread the hate and turn the population against them.

Covid is a perfect example of spreading hate and fear, those who didn't get the jab know how the European jews felt in WWII. Our own neighbors turned against us and stole our freedom because they were fed fear. Fear and lies are powerful.
If your comparing this to the way pro-vaxx liberals treated anti-vaxx conservatives then I see what you mean...
Im fairly moderate politically and prior to covid was slanting slightly left but the whole pandemic experience really opened my eyes to true agendas... from the left.

If your comparing this to the way pro-vaxx liberals treated anti-vaxx conservatives then I see what you mean...
Im fairly moderate politically and prior to covid was slanting slightly left but the whole pandemic experience really opened my eyes to true agendas... from the left.
The way covid was run its obvious there are opposite points of view that were never allowed to be expressed. Our freedom dies in the darkness just the same as the jews died. The movie that the OP recomended shows people taking revenge for the murders of their families. Certainly there was enough hate after the war for people to seek their own justice.

I just watched a 4 minute video that shows the feelings of a lot of people who lived through covid. A video you would never have been allowed to watch while covid was running. It's very uncomfortable to watch even though it's just a woman talking. It reminded me of the jews after WWII, the similarities are really close.

The way covid was run its obvious there are opposite points of view that were never allowed to be expressed.
like how opinions on covids origins werent allowed but now they are. Covid was a real eye opener for me on how a political party can divide a nation and build hate.

like how opinions on covids origins werent allowed but now they are. Covid was a real eye opener for me on how a political party can divide a nation and build hate.
Yep a lot of division being pumped into the culture, this doesn't look like it will end well. However I am old and pessimistic so my point of view is jaded.

You mean rhe left trying to get you to get a shot full of mind controlling nano machines. Or just doing an injustice to the bleach industry?

You mean rhe left trying to get you to get a shot full of mind controlling nano machines. Or just doing an injustice to the bleach industry?
Theres a huge difference between trying to convince someone to get a shot that can help them (and others) live and forcing someone by law to inject something inside their bodies they are not comfortable with.

Ironically, post #68 just proved your point.
Quote: "You mean rhe left trying to get you to get a shot full of mind controlling nano machines. Or just doing an injustice to the bleach industry?"

Theres a huge difference between trying to convince someone to get a shot that can help them (and others) live and forcing someone by law to inject something inside their bodies they are not comfortable with.
I suppose things like taxes, criminal law and all the other stuff necessary to make a society run should also rely on appeals to people's better natures and wisdom?

I suppose things like taxes, criminal law and all the other stuff necessary to make a society run should also rely on appeals to people's better natures and wisdom?
lol, I know you can do better than that. "Shirley you cant be serious"..?

How that Nazis were so effective?
They ran a multi faceted attack on the Jewish people, ( Much like we did to the blacks between the 1800's and the 1960's! Make them look and sound inferior in every way, accuse them of all sort of things, and make PUBLIC spectacles in the town squares. Separate them out publicly, make them wear arm bands, close or seize business's for what ever made up reasons, and generally make life difficult! The Universities was where things Really worked, the Nazis would have these huge impassioned speeches against the jews and any who supported them, removing any allies they might have had!
When it came time for "The Final Solution" nobody knew what was happening, only that the Jews were being removed from the general population, most were told and believed it would be to labor camps supporting the war efforts essentially using unlimited slave labor, that the trains were "death Trains" isn't quite accurate, as many were actually legit trains to labor or concentrations camps serving the Nazis in any/all capacities! This was actively sold to the general population as a good thing, so people never really questioned it! The Jews boarded those trains and bus's believing they were off to labor camps, as many actually were, but the darker side was many were also sent to the death camps for various reasons that history will never know! This was the Nazis greatest achievement ( as horrid as it sounds) in that they got rid of so many with little resistance,, and in many cases, had loads of active support from the people, friends and neighbors believing they were helping the cause and helping their friends and neighbors!
A really awesome WW-II history flick is "Band of Brothers" and the last few episodes really cover the Nazi thing, and shows not only how drunk on power the nazis were, but how ignorant the people were, Much like the Koof here in 2019 on!

You just suggested combatting a pandemic with zero enforcement.
There you go with those false presuppositions that get you in trouble.

Wheres the disconnect in our context here? Are you saying that the covid vaccine should be mandated?

There you go with those false presuppositions that get you in trouble.

Wheres the disconnect in our context here? Are you saying that the covid vaccine should be mandated?
Yes, it should be mandated. Just like we mandated polio vaccine, mumps vaccine, small pox vaccine. Just like we mandate safe consumer products. Just like we mandate Selective Service registration. Just like we mandate primary education.

The objections to COVID vaccines are ludicrous. They are the inventions of laymen propagated by political pundits. Suddenly, a huge portion of the US population who otherwise are not health fanatics, but align on completely unrelated social issues, have "real concerns" about what doctors with PhDs in immunology are telling them will save their lives.

COVID was a good test run for the future when we will have much deadlier outbreaks. Some countries and their citizens handled the emergency in a smart and responsible manner. About half the US handled it like children who don't want to take their baths. This is not how a society functions, it's how a mob works.

If WWII happened today, it looks like only half the only people would respond to the draft and work in the ammunition plants. Because this other section of the population "has rights", and doesn't care if the country as a whole survives.

The lessons of history is that the largest death tolls always involve disease. The death toll for COVID was enormous here in the land of the free because people chose to believe nonsense and then assert their "freedom" to not give a crap about anyone but themselves.

It will be interesting to see what the freedom lovers do if we have to institute another draft. Suddenly the right will be anti-defense and pro me.
I'm from the "Right"
and
Covid did not kill a million Americans.

Remember the car accidents and cancer patients that were being tallied up to Rona?

I'm from the "Right"
and
Covid did not kill a million Americans.

Remember the car accidents and cancer patients that were being tallied up to Rona?
Hey, it didn't kill anyone, right? It is both a secret collaboration between WHO and the Chinese, and a disease that doesn't exist at all. To cure it (which you shouldn't have to, because it doesn't exist), just drink bleach or take whatever medication the President has personally bought stock in - but scientists say doesn't help.

Nothing is true and everything is. This post does not exist.

Hey, it didn't kill anyone, right? It is both a secret collaboration between WHO and the Chinese, and a disease that doesn't exist at all. To cure it (which you shouldn't have to, because it doesn't exist), just drink bleach or take whatever medication the President has personally bought stock in - but scientists say doesn't help.

Nothing is true and everything is. This post does not exist.
What are you babbling about?

I took the first two jabs... my left eye swelled up so big that I could not open it.

You got any more of them wise cracks or is that the "Go To" whenever someone disagrees with what the media is feeding us?

Almost nobody is taking the follow up shots now, you do realize that?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top