JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Monkey see, monkey do. Bad ideas have a way of propagating.

"...Gun manufacturers and retailers have to accept responsibility for these dangerous products that they sell..."

I wonder if the intent here is individual FFL's. The statement did say "retailers." If so, it will have an absolutely paralyzing effect on retail gun sales. Not many brave souls will want to try to do business within the framework of high exposure to liability.

The permit thing, it's a nuisance. But I've seen so many unsafe shooters at public ranges who have no concept of basic gun safety it makes you wonder if they should have access. I've also wondered why Wash. state has no formal proficiency requirement for a CPL. Including testing knowledge of the use of lethal force. Yes, as I recall they hand you a printed pamphlet when you get the permit. I wonder how many people read it.

We're going to 114 thread the bubblegum out of this one too, eh?
Oh yes, this mess is just getting started.

The permit thing, it's a nuisance. But I've seen so many unsafe shooters at public ranges who have no concept of basic gun safety it makes you wonder if they should have access. I've also wondered why Wash. state has no formal proficiency requirement for a CPL.
Statistically, zero problems.

The Turd is throwing parts of himself to see what will stick. If 114 sticks, he'll keep pushing. If not, he'll modify and throw a new fergie . It costs him nothing to keep doing this.

Monkey see, monkey do. Bad ideas have a way of propagating.

"...Gun manufacturers and retailers have to accept responsibility for these dangerous products that they sell..."

I wonder if the intent here is individual FFL's. The statement did say "retailers." If so, it will have an absolutely paralyzing effect on retail gun sales. Not many brave souls will want to try to do business within the framework of high exposure to liability.

The permit thing, it's a nuisance. But I've seen so many unsafe shooters at public ranges who have no concept of basic gun safety it makes you wonder if they should have access. I've also wondered why Wash. state has no formal proficiency requirement for a CPL. Including testing knowledge of the use of lethal force. Yes, as I recall they hand you a printed pamphlet when you get the permit. I wonder how many people read it.

Oh yes, this mess is just getting started.
Washington doesn't have a education requirement for the cpl because it's a constitutional right, not a privilege like a driver's license. It is unconstitutional to mandate a class to do so or really charge money to have it like they do. Washington is also a shell issue state.

Also I have had the opposite opinion on safety at the range and that includes shooting in the woods not only on private ranges. It's a rarity I see dummy's, education is the key and helping fellow new shooters out, they used to teach gun safety in high school.

Not everyone grows up around guns so our duty as shooters to help Spread the knowledge of safety to other new shooters.

I can't help but wonder if the USA shouldn't adopt Israel's tactics where military service is an obligation and people can learn proper gun safety? And yes they have exemptions.

Dan

Service guarantees citizenship, want to know more?

;)
The Turd is throwing parts of himself to see what will stick. If 114 sticks, he'll keep pushing. If not, he'll modify and throw a new fergie . It costs him nothing to keep doing this.

Not only does it cost him nothing, he gets a nice taxpayer funded paycheck while doing it….

There is a good reason the owner of this site is careful with this. People trying to "encourage" the language of people saying thing like this play right into the hands of the anti rights people. The great hoax showed just how few will use force. The people pushing this are BEGGING for someone to go off and use force. If they do they will point at them as a reason to pass even more laws. We are FAR from needing to take up arms. The reason we keep losing is people refuse to work with the system we have then complain that the system does not work.
They DO point to us and say "violent"...
The system does NOT work...
sigh....some people keep claiming "be reasonable"....

Joe

There is a good reason the owner of this site is careful with this. People trying to "encourage" the language of people saying thing like this play right into the hands of the anti rights people. The great hoax showed just how few will use force. The people pushing this are BEGGING for someone to go off and use force. If they do they will point at them as a reason to pass even more laws. We are FAR from needing to take up arms. The reason we keep losing is people refuse to work with the system we have then complain that the system does not work.
Besides, you missed the point of MY post...

Joe

If even 80% of the gun owners and those who just want freedom would vote well we could see amazing change and fast. The people in charge only fear one thing, losing that job. If a few started to get kicked to the curb every election there would be massive change. Sadly a lot just make jokes and tell anyone who will listen that voting is nothing since they don't want to bother. So they guarantee continued loss and say "see I told you so". Amazingly sad to watch. :s0092:
Who the F are you talking about???
I keep hearing that same lame claim and don't believe it.
Honestly, any sorta proof/data? Maybe I'm the stupid a-hole and just missed it....not the first time I been wrong....not the, you know, the thing...
How about a POLL of the gun owners here, and they can poll for the gun owners they know who aren't on this forum.
Gun Owners, Did You Vote FOR Gun Rights?
Yes?
No?

Joe

If people sit back and ignore this? Yes that is exactly what will happen. If it does get that bad many who sat back and did nothing will of course be angry. Many of them when asked about how they voted will say they did not bother as it was all rigged and a waste of time. :(
It IS ALL RIGGED, but you vote anyway!
I just don't see it your way.

Joe

I don't remember the 2A saying anything about an arbitrary threshold the state comes up with. And requiring a CPL at all is an infringement, let alone proficiency requirements.

I don't remember the 2A saying anything about an arbitrary threshold the state comes up with. And requiring a CPL at all is an infringement, let alone proficiency requirements.
I know you know this - but for those who dont -
It's called Constitutional Carry - and 25 States now honor it.

"Constitutional carry or permitless carry has been on the rise in the last 20 years. Alaska was the first state to pass it in 2003. This was followed by Arizona and Wyoming (2010); Kansas, Maine, and Mississippi (2015); Idaho, Missouri, and West Virginia (2016); New Hampshire and North Dakota (2017); Arkansas (2018); Kentucky, Oklahoma and South Dakota (2019); Iowa, Tennessee, Texas, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming (2021); and Alabama, Ohio, Indiana and Georgia (2022). Vermont has been a constitutional carry state since 1793, with it written in its constitution. Nineteen of the 25 states (or 76 percent) have adopted constitutional carry or permitless carry in the last six years. "

Reinforcing unconstitutional laws by trying to make them more acceptable - might just be, you know, reinforcing unconstitutional laws. Just sayin.

I know you know this - but for those who dont -
It's called Constitutional Carry - and 25 States now honor it.

"Constitutional carry or permitless carry has been on the rise in the last 20 years. Alaska was the first state to pass it in 2003. This was followed by Arizona and Wyoming (2010); Kansas, Maine, and Mississippi (2015); Idaho, Missouri, and West Virginia (2016); New Hampshire and North Dakota (2017); Arkansas (2018); Kentucky, Oklahoma and South Dakota (2019); Iowa, Tennessee, Texas, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming (2021); and Alabama, Ohio, Indiana and Georgia (2022). Vermont has been a constitutional carry state since 1793, with it written in its constitution. Nineteen of the 25 states (or 76 percent) have adopted constitutional carry or permitless carry in the last six years. "

Reinforcing unconstitutional laws by trying to make them more acceptable - might just be, you know, reinforcing unconstitutional laws. Just sayin.

100% and I'm pretty sure none of those states have seen any adverse effects, otherwise we'd be hearing about it nonstop. Let adults make adult decisions and suffer adult consequences when they eff it up.

Another repeat thread. OP, did you even look if there is another thread on it before starting a new one?

@Moderators any chance to merge some or all of these cuz they are all the same:

This is what tyrants do, yet know one batted an eye when he basically said, "I will use American war tools on American citizens and use nukes on American soil to quelch those who do not obey" During any other time; past potus, this would have been considered treason and an impeachable offense...
I wonder if "know one" tweeted, posted to Facebook, or any other commie/FBI controlled media platform???? Surely that was the way to get like minded folk to "bat an eye"....

Joe

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top