JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I should just put the magazine on digital.
I actually enjoy sitting on my couch at night, after the day is done, and read The Armed Citizen from a real print magazine, like in the olden days...

...cuz it's cheaper to throw the magazine across the room, instead of a Kindle, when I read that the perps weren't shot dead by the citizens... :mad: :s0140:

Last Edited:
Only reason I got mine was because it was necessary for TCGC membership. Obviously, I've let it lapse.

There are a number of important court cases going right now regarding 2A rights - where's the NRA?

If your goal is to fund legislative action - there are better orgs for the money.

If your goal is to fund local change, there are better orgs for the money.
I can only lead y'all to water, I can't make you drink. Take of this what you will.
This is what has been happening.

Not a penny while LaPierre is still there.
I've seen this thread floating around for a while and today is the first time clicking.
I didn't have to read anything but the first page to find many people are of the same opinion as I am.
LaPierre screwed the whole deal up with his greed.
The NRA used to be a very powerful, active organization. Now they are all but nothing. It's a damn shame that some POS has screwed over all of the members and it's just as bad that the Board didn't kick him out on his ear. They are no better than he is.
When the voting Members clean up the mess and Wayne with his cronies are gone, I'll join. Hell, they should sue him for embezzlement while they're at it.
Until then I'll continue to burn any envelope they send to me.

I actually enjoy sitting on my couch at night, after the day is done, and read The Armed Citizen from a real print magazine, like in the olden days...

...cuz it's more cost-effective to throw the magazine across the room, instead of a Kindle, when I read that the perps weren't shot dead by the citizens... :mad:
I'm very sure it great material reading. Maybe I should try spending time on it. My wife keeps throwing away all my magazines because I'm involve in so much things. Last year she got rid of my Guitar and AMA magazines that I kept from subscription since the 1980's. It was like 4 boxes of large u-haul. No wonder it was a backbreaker when we move.

Gun controllers still think of the NRA as the 800 pound gorilla in the room. That's a good thing.

"While we believe that sensible gun control legislation and enforcement is needed to help halt the wave of senseless gun tragedies, progress has been stalled at the federal level in large part due to an aggressive NRA lobby," the statement said.

This has got to be the most stoo-pit of the most stoo-pit lawsuits...

Follow me on this...
  1. Shareholders usually buy shares in a company in the belief that the shares will become more valuable when the company sells more of its products.
  2. In order for a company to sell more of its products, this usually involves the company doing more marketing of its products.
  3. So, the company markets and sells more of its products, and the shareholders make more money, which is the goal in the first place (see Bullet 1).
Yet, here we have a bunch of shareholders who are complaining that the company in which they hold shares, and in which they presumably want their shares to increase in value and make more money for them, are suing that same company for doing the very things that will result in exactly what the shareholders want... that is, increasing the value of their shares and making them more money...

YCMTSU.jpg

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you, killing the golden goose, etc... :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
There have been threads about how and who to vote for, sad that many didn't pay attention.
Honestly Caveman, the recommendations I saw were a list of maybe four people. The math simply did not work. Four people on a board of (IIRC) 25 or 26, is not going to get WLP ousted. They've got the deck stacked with the whole voting eligibility and board recommendation process as well. I've turned to the other groups instead of sending my money to the NRA. I'm a Life Member, but until WLP retires or dies, that will continue to be the case.

How's about a show of hands here that those that are eligible members to vote in the NRA BOD election that actually did… :s0153::s0153::s0153:
I did, and I make posts on this forum encouraging others that are eligible to vote to do so as well, and I list the names of the recommended reform candidates. I'll make another post when the ballots start arriving in the spring.

I cut my name & address off the magazine & left it in the post office--Never knew who to vote for anyhow
This 👆. I actually spent some time searching the internet for a clue on who to vote for if you wanted to see Wayne ousted. Identifying like-minded directors was difficult. In the end, the math was impossible. The deck has been stacked.
As noted above, I make posts on ballot recommendations. Just do a keyword search and it should come up, or find it here:

Also, the two best resources for finding out who to vote for and other goings-on within the NRA are the blogs NRA in Danger and Jeff Knox's Firearms Coalition:

Honestly Caveman, the recommendations I saw were a list of maybe four people. The math simply did not work. Four people on a board of (IIRC) 25 or 26, is not going to get WLP ousted. They've got the deck stacked with the whole voting eligibility and board recommendation process as well. I've turned to the other groups instead of sending my money to the NRA. I'm a Life Member, but until WLP retires or dies, that will continue to be the case.
You gotta start somewhere. The mindset of "you can't do anything, it doesn't really matter" is exactly what the scum holding the EVP position wants.
True, WLP has done a very good job of packing the Board with a bunch of sycophantic bootlickers, but in order to have any chance at change, particularly through the legal system, you have to have standing, i.e. you need to be a sitting Board member. So maybe only four this year, maybe another four more next year. But you can be assured that if no one does anything, absolutely nothing will change. My kudos and respect for the four reform candidates making the effort.

It's simple, whoever gets the most votes gets the seats. When you ONLY vote for those four you deny votes to all the others. If the ratio of Switched On to Mouthbreathing Sheep gets high enough, we have our first wave on the beach--then we need to keep repeating that year after year, friendds on the inside combied with the courts on the outside may be just the right comination of pressure to crack Frenchy Fudd's walnut.

The board is 76, with 25 seats up every year--the only other organizations with BOD's that big are government, where they're called legislatures. If we can get our four into the top 25 vote-getters that's a start--the rub is gonna be KEEPING them there and getting reinforcements in when the Nominating Committee, which is on paper bound to renominate incumbents automatically, refuses to do so for the Disfavored.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top