JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The saddest and most frustrating part of this entire thing is that right now gun owners are indeed under attack from legislators and anti-gunners in the biggest way ever seen. HB2118 in Washington State is a prime example of upcoming legislation that will most likely end gun stores in Washington State. Those millions and millions of dollars that Wayne and his cronies callously and with great disdain and disregard for the rank and file of the organization STOLE from members desperately NEEDED to be spent defending our rights to gun ownership. Imagine how many pro-gun, pro-second amendment lawyers, senators, congressmen, expert witnesses, etc., could have been engaged in the fight for our rights with that money. bubblegum Wayne LaPierre, bubblegum his enablers. Just another example of a great idea gone bad in the good old USA. Despite all of it Wayne gets to bubblegum in a gold toilet and we get to eat it.

The only way that I would give WLP a pass would be if he proved to me that the extra money he he was paid was laundering cash given to politicians as bribes that actually prevented anti-2A measures from being passed. I am confident that he will be unable to prove that.

I don't think he's running. Frank Tait would be another good candidate but he's not running either. I think voting for just the five listed above is the best plan of action. I wouldn't advise voting for anyone that has not declared to be a candidate. Remember, with the NRA's voting system the more candidates you vote for the less effective the votes for the reformers becomes.

I suspect Kraut's already on and not up for re-election this group.

The saddest and most frustrating part of this entire thing is that right now gun owners are indeed under attack from legislators and anti-gunners in the biggest way ever seen. HB2118 in Washington State is a prime example of upcoming legislation that will most likely end gun stores in Washington State. Those millions and millions of dollars that Wayne and his cronies callously and with great disdain and disregard for the rank and file of the organization STOLE from members desperately NEEDED to be spent defending our rights to gun ownership. Imagine how many pro-gun, pro-second amendment lawyers, senators, congressmen, expert witnesses, etc., could have been engaged in the fight for our rights with that money. bubblegum Wayne LaPierre, bubblegum his enablers. Just another example of a great idea gone bad in the good old USA. Despite all of it Wayne gets to bubblegum in a gold toilet and we get to eat it.
He should spend the rest of his golden years wearing orange. He let his greed betray a fundamental right of Americans. Had the NRA followed a better path we would not have the barbarians at the gate situation we are currently in.

It would be great to see the remainder of the bad actors leave and the organization rebuild.
Agree, and it is our job to try and vote out anyone who supported him.
I would add that you also want to vote for a fifth candidate - Owen "Buz" Mills. He is the only sitting Board member that has been actively trying to bring about serious reform within the organization. Here's a letter he wrote to the Board last month:
Agree as well. We, gun owners, 2A supporters, NRA members, really need to stack up a BUNCH of reform members on the ballot, not just four or five.

Agree, and it is our job to try and vote out anyone who supported him.

Agree as well. We, gun owners, 2A supporters, NRA members, really need to stack up a BUNCH of reform members on the ballot, not just four or five.
True, but that depends how many we can find EVERY year. As I keep saying, we're not gonna go from zero to Taking the Reichstag overnight, these guys are just the first Higgins Boat onto Omaha Beach and we need to keep that in mind.

Actually experiencing uncomfortable cognitive dissonance here. It is so awkward to almost feel grateful to a dem AG for prompting the departure of WLP, something the rank & file membership has been unsuccessful at doing for over a decade.

Now if they could just prompt resignation of that computer, the one that keep cranking out multi-page letters saying "the sky is falling and we need all your money".
It is said that God permits evil so that He may bring good from it.

I WLP silently spent money on a lawsuit against something like taking suppressors off the NFA and was successful in taking it to SCOTUS, everyone will say, "Hell, with private flights -- let's buy him his own plane!"

I WLP silently spent money on a lawsuit against something like taking suppressors off the NFA and was successful in taking it to SCOTUS, everyone will say, "Hell, with private flights -- let's buy him his own plane!"
Full disclosure: back in the 90s, he took a lot of flak for calling the Clintons to task for FAILING to enforce gun laws. He claimed that the leftist agenda needed gunshot deaths to further their cause. Could not criticize him for that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top