JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was a proud, card carrying nra member for decades. When hitlery termed them a terrorist organization, I signed up my wife as well. When they abandoned their WA state members years ago, I proudly cancelled our memberships. The biggest contributors and enablers of nra corruption are the ranges, shooting clubs and members that continue to support them.
I'm hopeful that, if I had a question or concern about the SAF position on something, I could ask it right here on these forums and Dan Mitchell would respond. Interesting that no nra supporter here can even confirm how much that organization will pay to be rid of the garbage at the top, or why he's still there!
In closing, a short prayer.
Dear Lord, please permit wlp and nra to rot in hell, together! Amen.
JMHO
To be fair, as far as I know, at least part of the reason some ranges support them is due to the fact that the NRA might be who gave them the loan to start their business. Banks don't always want to play ball with certain industries and the NRA has historically helped fill that gap with ranges and gun shops, I believe.

I could be completely wrong on all of that, but that has been my understanding.

To be fair, as far as I know, at least part of the reason some ranges support them is due to the fact that the NRA might be who gave them the loan to start their business. Banks don't always want to play ball with certain industries and the NRA has historically helped fill that gap with ranges and gun shops, I believe.

I could be completely wrong on all of that, but that has been my understanding.
Between that and NRA being about the only insurance game in town for range facilities, and IIRC a lot of those policies require "all members must be NRA members"...

I just received my March copy of Shooting Illustrated, W.L.P. gives his final commentary patting himself on the back all the way out. good by, and good riddance!

Every NRA member should send Letitia James a "Thank you" note, adding "You have ensured the NRA will be able to rebuild and come back bigger and better than ever." That ought to give her goosebumps. :p

Every NRA member should send Letitia James a "Thank you" note, adding "You have ensured the NRA will be able to rebuild and come back bigger and better than ever." That ought to give her goosebumps. :p
I'm hoping that while she came to kill the NRA she wound up cutting out the cancer instead. It would be great to see the remainder of the bad actors leave and the organization rebuild.

And I still haven't received my Board ballot... member services isn't particularly interested in saying anything beyond "you'll receive it in the March issue." Never mind that others I know have already received and returned theirs...

And I still haven't received my Board ballot... member services isn't particularly interested in saying anything beyond "you'll receive it in the March issue." Never mind that others I know have already received and returned theirs...
I just got mine in the mail yesterday, in the middle of my American Hunter magazine.

There appears to be a list developing here:

Bruce

Only the top 25 vote getters get seats. Those four have an uphill battle, and every vote for someone else just pushes them farther down the pile. Hence Bullet Voting - give your support ONLY to the reformers, withhold it from the people who made the mess.
100% concur with this ^^^

I would add that you also want to vote for a fifth candidate - Owen "Buz" Mills. He is the only sitting Board member that has been actively trying to bring about serious reform within the organization. Here's a letter he wrote to the Board last month:

Regarding understanding why bullet voting is the most effective strategy, here is a good article that explains the mechanics of the NRA's voting system and why bullet voting for only a few select candidates is the most effective strategy to get actual reformers on the Board:

The reason you don't want to vote for any of the other candidates is because none of them did anything meaningful to try to right the ship. They all sat idly by and didn't ask the questions that needed to be asked or take the actions that needed to be taken.

So - bullet vote for these five candidates: Journey, Fusaro, Marshall, Knox, and Mills.

And also - whatever else you do, make sure you do not, do not, do NOT vote for Carolyn D. Meadows or David G. Coy. These two, along with Charles Cotton (who's not on the ballot this year) were the closest lackeys and biggest enablers of Wayne LaPierre.

Please pass this along to anyone you know that is an eligible NRA voter.

The only other maybe is Adam Kraut of SAF and I didn't see him on my ballot.
I don't think he's running. Frank Tait would be another good candidate but he's not running either. I think voting for just the five listed above is the best plan of action. I wouldn't advise voting for anyone that has not declared to be a candidate. Remember, with the NRA's voting system the more candidates you vote for the less effective the votes for the reformers becomes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top