JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, if the NRA were able to clean house, find some solid leadership who will do the right things for the right reasons, we still need to shut them down? Because of what very different people thought and did in very different times, generations ago? Sounds absurd to me.

I don't care what the NRA did in 1934, or to be honest even in 1968, not terribly relevant today. That was a very long time ago. I care about what they're going to do tomorrow.

They have organization and infrastructure that are invaluable if they can be salvaged and used effectively. I'm certainly not saying that the NRA has always been remotely perfect, far from it, but getting all bitter and defeatist and throwing them in the dumpster seems foolish to me, if there's a chance that it could be reformed into what it should be. I know there are a LOT of people hoping and working to do just that. I hope they can succeed.
ABSOLUTELY!

So, if the NRA were able to clean house, find some solid leadership who will do the right things for the right reasons, we still need to shut them down? Because of what very different people thought and did in very different times, generations ago? Sounds absurd to me.

I don't care what the NRA did in 1934, or to be honest even in 1968, not terribly relevant today. That was a very long time ago. I care about what they're going to do tomorrow.

They have organization and infrastructure that are invaluable if they can be salvaged and used effectively. I'm certainly not saying that the NRA has always been remotely perfect, far from it, but getting all bitter and defeatist and throwing them in the dumpster seems foolish to me, if there's a chance that it could be reformed into what it should be. I know there are a LOT of people hoping and working to do just that. I hope they can succeed.
I'm just saying that depending on who were on the Board, and involved with the NRA of the 60s, may well continue to support what they supported then. if the NRA is willing, to admit that they did wrong with supporting the 1960s decisions and the California AWB, State concealed carry laws, and AWB, and so on, and pledge to get these laws repealed, maybe overturned in Court, but best to repeal and abolish the ATF (IMO)... using the full weight of NRA-ILA to get bad laws overturned and repealed.. maybe they'll have a chance at getting their honor and glory back, and membership to grow?

It was because the NRA supported gun control laws; that we got GOA and SAF.

If we think of this as WWII, Wayne was just the first German to fall to bombardment on D-Day. We still need to get our four reformers onto the Board as our first wave onto the beach, and then keep sending them s many reinforcements as we can at every opportunity.

"Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped, and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely."
--Ike, Order of the Day to the Allied Expeditionary Force, June 6 1944

I doubt they remember how to do that. If you consider how many years the crew hasn't been doing what they were supposed to be doing? You don't just light a fire in a cold boiler, pull the throttle back, and speed off down the tracks at 70 MPH.
Don't expect them to go from a cold boiler to 70 MPH, but I do expect them to begin to re-engage in their core purposes of firearms education and defending the 2nd Amendment. Start the diesel engine, get 'er warmed up, and pull that beast out of the station….

And what they need not do is serve the Board of Directors nor any remaining minions in leadership roles...

Another story on Reuters today about WLP. There was mention of a $17 million payout in this thread. The article contradicts that notion with the following statement:

"His resignation is effective on Jan. 31. The NRA said that after that date he will neither work nor consult for the group, and that he has no severance arrangements."

Let's hope that's true.

Another story on Reuters today about WLP. There was mention of a $17 million payout in this thread. The article contradicts that notion with the following statement:

"His resignation is effective on Jan. 31. The NRA said that after that date he will neither work nor consult for the group, and that he has no severance arrangements."

Let's hope that's true.
Agree I hope that's true. But he has a record of doing back door dealings, using family owned business les as contractors (basically funneling money to himself) so if there is a chance of him getting millions my guess is it has already been funneled to him. But only a guess based on his past corruption.

Would NRA HQ lie? Only if given half a chance... Wayne may be gone but his buttremoras will continue to circle the wagons around him until the costs to them personally of continuing to do so exceed the costs of NOT continuing to do so.

What a joke! The rumor mill has it that the NRA will be announcing WLP's replacement during the ongoing shot show soon. None other than Charles Cotton. They are LOST!!

For those that don't know who he is.... he's the dude that was in charge of authorizing all the misappropriations they are being charged with in the court case... and have admitted to. Everything had to go through him and he signed off on all of it! Sometimes months or years after the fact and as crooked as they come.

So much for reorganizing or doing a little house cleaning. It appears the boards intention it to continue the corrupt, "business as usual".

What a joke! The rumor mill has it that the NRA will be announcing WLP's replacement during the ongoing shot show soon. None other than Charles Cotton. They are LOST!!

For those that don't know who he is.... he's the dude that was in charge of authorizing all the misappropriations they are being charged with in the court case... and have admitted to. Everything had to go through him and he signed off on all of it! Sometimes months or years after the fact and as crooked as they come.

So much for reorganizing or doing a little house cleaning. It appears the boards intention it to continue the corrupt, "business as usual".

DftE5ZLWAAAVNgC.jpeg

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old one" comes to mind

Yep as said above, they are going to install one of lapierre's chronies to keep the corrupt system going. I bet they are still going to funnel money to lapierres personal lawsuits. Probably through his sister again or whatever. It's no different than Russia. Once the corrupt system is in place everything is geared to the top "oligarchy" making $ and that is literally all that matters to them.

Don't waste $ on this corrupt POS organization. Give to organizations such as SAF, GOA, FPC, NAGR who are actually doing something about our gun rights.

The problem here is, for competitive shooting the NRA has a lot to offer in terms of approved matches at the regional and national level, and recognition and awards. The CMP is still around, just have to get match directors to make their matches CMP approved instead of NRA approved.

One thing that needs to change is this Mafia-like hold the NRA has on requiring gun club members to be NRA members. Here in Oregon, Tri-County, Douglas Ridge, and Chehalem Valley all require NRA membership to be a club member. That's just the tiniest tip of the iceberg. It's almost like a Union-thug operation where to have a job at the factory you must be a union member, like it or not. If this guaranteed cash-cow of requiring NRA membership could be broken, maybe that would be a wake-up call to NRA bigwigs. I doubt it though. The corruption is too deep. I hope the NRA board members enjoy their mansions and new cars while we lose our freedoms. </sarcasm>

The problem here is, for competitive shooting the NRA has a lot to offer in terms of approved matches at the regional and national level, and recognition and awards. The CMP is still around, just have to get match directors to make their matches CMP approved instead of NRA approved.

One thing that needs to change is this Mafia-like hold the NRA has on requiring gun club members to be NRA members. Here in Oregon, Tri-County, Douglas Ridge, and Chehalem Valley all require NRA membership to be a club member. That's just the tiniest tip of the iceberg. It's almost like a Union-thug operation where to have a job at the factory you must be a union member, like it or not. If this guaranteed cash-cow of requiring NRA membership could be broken, maybe that would be a wake-up call to NRA bigwigs. I doubt it though. The corruption is too deep. I hope the NRA board members enjoy their mansions and new cars while we lose our freedoms. </sarcasm>
And maybe don't require concealed carry instructors to be "certified NRA instructors" as well? :rolleyes:

That's a good point. The fact that...
Tri-County, Douglas Ridge, and Chehalem Valley all require NRA membership to be a club member.
...Requires you to give money to this crooked organization tell you something. And it's not good.

Yep as said above, they are going to install one of lapierre's chronies to keep the corrupt system going. I bet they are still going to funnel money to lapierres personal lawsuits. Probably through his sister again or whatever. It's no different than Russia. Once the corrupt system is in place everything is geared to the top "oligarchy" making $ and that is literally all that matters to them.

Don't waste $ on this corrupt POS organization. Give to organizations such as SAF, GOA, FPC, NAGR who are actually doing something about our gun rights.
NRA: "Hold my bee..., I mean my Bud Light..."

I found out about this last night while waiting for my wife to arrive at the pub where we were going to have dinner. I'd say it's the best news I've heard all year, but in reality it's the best news I've heard in the last couple of years.

I may rejoin the NRA now.
It's pretty hard to end the badness when an org has gone bad. Basically, nearly everyone in power needed to be complicit. Including complicit with abandoning Washington and Oregon. I think we might be better off striping NRA back to strictly training programs and putting our $$ to support 2A into local orgs nearer to home that have been fighting for 2A in our states.

And maybe don't require concealed carry instructors to be "certified NRA instructors" as well? :rolleyes:
The advantage of this is there is some credibility to being an NRA instructor. Don't get me wrong, you can still suck as an instructor and manage to get NRA instructor credentials, but nothing is perfect. You do learn some adult learning concepts (it doesn't mean that everyone uses them) but at least there is some standard. I've found that the NRA training class content is a good starting point for classes and their modular CCW (concealed handgun), if you plan on teaching more than just the basics required in Oregon, has a very good modular format.

It is a little disturbing that it took pressure from an outside, anti-RKBA, source before this happened. This clown needed to be shown the door some time ago, yet it didn't happen. Glad he's finally leaving, but something ain't right if this is what it took.
I was a proud, card carrying nra member for decades. When hitlery termed them a terrorist organization, I signed up my wife as well. When they abandoned their WA state members years ago, I proudly cancelled our memberships. The biggest contributors and enablers of nra corruption are the ranges, shooting clubs and members that continue to support them.
I'm hopeful that, if I had a question or concern about the SAF position on something, I could ask it right here on these forums and Dan Mitchell would respond. Interesting that no nra supporter here can even confirm how much that organization will pay to be rid of the garbage at the top, or why he's still there!
In closing, a short prayer.
Dear Lord, please permit wlp and nra to rot in hell, together! Amen.
JMHO

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top