JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think I'm going to send a link for this thread to our local NRA representative along with every other board member I can find. They need to see this:
Not a penny while LaPierre is still there.

☝️ That right there! ☝️
Life member here, Patron actually, and I think they are still doing good work...with their feet shackled together and one hand tied behind their backs because of the carnage of WLP. Their educational programs (although often bashed) are actually very good, depending on the instructor (true of EVERY class anywhere). Plenty of my money goes for supplies so the rest is going to other organizations, FPC, OFF, etc.
NRA board members need to understand that conversations like this x10,000 are being had all over the country.

My thoughts are "Go Life on the most discounted option you can get, or not at all." Life only if you're willing to commit to a longterm fight of activist voting to get reformers onto the BOD and try to unseat Wayne's butt-remoras... IF you still think it's not too late to work within the system.

There is a terrible scourging coming for this once proud and great organization, but IF the org itself weathers the storm by getting a court-supervised reorg there is great potential for a MUCH better tomorrow.

Here's hoping that once Wayne and his weasels are dethroned we the membership can bring a Class Action to recover some of the org's money, or get new officers who will bring action from the org itself to demand restitution for Frenchy Fudd & Co.'s fraud, embezzlement and other criminal misconduct.

I always wondered why NRA membership was required for range membership. Are the ranges getting subsidized somehow? Required for RSO accreditation? Feels like when my company donates to UnitedWay or other on my behalf to claim 100% participation.
My understanding is that insurance is the biggest reason. Heavy discounts if the membership is trained and adheres to NRA safety standards.

I think I'm going to send a link for this thread to our local NRA representative along with every other board member I can find. They need to see this:
If the board members haven't seen this, then they aren't paying attention. And if they aren't paying attention, then they really need to...

Life member here myself, speaking for many...

Last Edited:
Life member here.
My Granddad and Dad were also members.

The NRA has changed a lot over the years...and not for the better.
I joined for many reasons way back when...and I do like their firearm training programs.

However...
Wayne LaPierre has got to go.
Even if he ain't as bad as he seems ( Not that I believe that )....
He is a clear case of the messenger killing the message.
If he truly cared about or believed in the 2nd Amendment....he would have stepped down a long time ago.

So...
To answer the OP...
I can't sell you on the NRA , unless you need a membership to join a club or range.
Andy

Last Edited:
Life member here.
My Granddad and Dad were also members.

The NRA has changed a lot over the years...and not for the better.
I joined for many reasons way back when...and I do like their firearm training programs.

However...
Wayne LaPierre has got to go.
Even if he ain't as bad as he seems ( Not that I believe that )....
He is a clear case of the messenger killing the message.
If he truly cared about or believed in the 2nd Amendment....he would have stepped down a long time ago.

So...
To answer the OP...
I can't sell you on the NRA , unless you need a membership to join a club or range.
Andy
...or to maintain your instructor credentials that you've had for years.

I canceled my NRA membership 3 years ago and still get the shooting illustrated magazines for free every month lol. Wonder when they'll realize they keep sending me this subscription even though I don't pay.

From a almost 10 year nra member I'd say your money is better spent elsewhere. They ask you for money every freaking week it seems like. When I was a member I can't tell you how much junk mail I got from them asking for more money, even tho when I joined it was all about "your money goes to fighting the fight of the 2nd amendment" etc etc.

And all the crap with WLP he's like the most corrupt money hungry guy you'd ever meet.

NRA is probably the most useless membership you could pay for nowadays. Does nothing for you at all. Unless you really enjoy that "free" chinkmade knife or backpack that they'll give you upon renewal. That's basically all your membership is worth

Speak of the devil.......
PXL_20230524_151326114.jpg

At least they are honest about their caller ID so I know when not to answer the phone.

Last Edited:
I could try... but I try to live by the honor code my college mentor/"surrogate dad" passed down from his Air Force Academy days.

"I will not lie, cheat or steal, nor tolerate those who do."

Last Edited:
NRA = RKBA…….

Heavy sarcasm. Just been missing those important acronyms.

Same with the range requirement here. I'm an NRA member only due to the fact that almost every gun range in Oregon requires it. I looked up the reasons when I didn't want to renew many years ago. The NRA offers insurance to gun ranges at a much lower rate than mainstream insurance companies do, that is why so many of them require it. If it wasn't for this huge issue, then I would not belong. But I love my range, Chehalem Valley Sportsman Club and will be a member for as long as I can stand to live in Oregon.
Thread resurrection, Just wanna inquire and possible joining on a local Yamhill club. Mostly handgun and maybe 1 rifle every visit either AR15 or 22 rifle.
How long have you been to Chehalem Valley Sportsman Club and how are you liking it?
Have you ever tried the Newberg Rifle Pistol Club? Any thoughts would be great. Thank you.

Everyone has their reasons for staying/not staying a member of the NRA. And clubs in the area usually do require that you sign up for a subscription as a condition of membership. I did it for the first year but was inundated with ads and mailings for insurance magazines, and many messages for WLP, who I consider the worst of the worst. So I held my nose and just threw everything into the trash unopened, and went and enjoyed my club facilities.

...and many messages for WLP, who I consider the worst of the worst. So I held my nose and just threw everything into the trash unopened, and went and enjoyed my club facilities.
When I get stuff from the NRA, I open it to see who it's from. If it's anything from WLP, it goes into the recycle bin immediately, unread. When they get rid of him, I'll consider donating again. Not until... :s0002:

Everyone has their reasons for staying/not staying a member of the NRA. And clubs in the area usually do require that you sign up for a subscription as a condition of membership. I did it for the first year but was inundated with ads and mailings for insurance magazines, and many messages for WLP, who I consider the worst of the worst. So I held my nose and just threw everything into the trash unopened, and went and enjoyed my club facilities.
One of the reasons I don't like and won't join my local clubs and ranges (besides the excessive amount of range Karens). If they are going to shill for the NRA, and ignore GOA or FPC, then they can KMA.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top