JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not a penny while LaPierre is still there.
☝️ That right there! ☝️

I became a life member before I became aware of the ne'er-do-well Wayne and his doings. I will not give them one more cent of mine until he is no longer associated with the NRA or any of its subsidiary organizations. I have actually said that to the NRA telemarketers that they occasionally send after me.

Last Edited:
The magic words are "Put me on your Do Not Promote list". I haven't received a phone call, SPAM or junk mail from them in years. And yes, I'm still a member.
I need to do this. I didn't know I could. Thanks, Flop!

@Flopsweat
Did you call them directly, or did you instruct one of their telemarketers, or is there an email that you wrote to to get on the DNP list?

@Flopsweat
Did you call them directly, or did you instruct one of their telemarketers, or is there an email that you wrote to to get on the DNP list?
I called them, said I was a member and asked to be added to the Do Not Promote list. I never got another call from that day on (which may be merely a coincidence), and within a month or two all SPAM and junk mail stopped.

Wow, that was eye-opening... :eek:

I bought a life membership and upgraded it once before I learned of the scandal in 2019 and I learned about WLP's grifting my money. That article just gives more reasons why I haven't given the NRA any of my money for the past few years...

I joined the FPC/FPF years ago, too, and give a fair chunk of my money to them every year. I need to up my game some more and join GOA, NAGR, and SAF and make regular donations to them like I do with FPC, instead of just parceling out some bucks to them from time to time like I do now...

Last Edited:
I bought Life Membership some many years ago. Then I upgraded it, then a second time.
I would always try to respond with money to fight the cause.

Then I saw the reports and found out that my entire annual salary (before tax even) wouldn't even pay for a year's worth of LaPierre's shirts.

Not a further penny since, and even after LaPierre goes, if he ever does, I would need to see more accountability in how they spend our hard-earned; which should not include private jets to get your kids from college, on our dimes.

My support goes to GOA, SAF, OFF and the like. Less shirts, more briefs :)

I quit them when WP was insisting the NRA build him a 20 million dollar show palace In WP's name! I don't care that WP wants to live in that style, as long as he does so on his own dime. DR

Yes, by all means kill off the NRA!! I mean Bruen, Heller, MacDonald, etc. don't really mean anything.
Is LaPierre a grifting turd?? Probably, but the NRA is still the elephant in the room when the gun controllers start in.
I can stay out of Starbucks one day every four months to support the good that they do. Yes I would love to see the NRA fixed, but I'm not willing to let them die when they are still the biggest representative we've got. Yes I'm a member of SAF and others, but all of them combined don't have NRA numbers and numbers matter.

Last Edited:
My range just started recognizing other organizations this year. Maybe all the talk around the tables is starting to work.

The NRA is corrupt, and Wayne's own personal piggy bank. It's too bad to see such an historic organization go down like this.

Oh no, I don't want to see the end of the NRA, it has stood so long for so much.
I just hate the way it is milked by WLP, taking the donations from you and me for his billionaire lifestyle.
If he goes, and the NRA sets itself back to the way it was pre-1991, then I'm back in full support.

Jumped to the end. Apologies if stealing others' opinions.

Imho, this nra cesspool is nothing any of us can do a damn thing about.
A judge in NY state will decide if it can survive with a new structure...or not at all.
Some of the directors will likely be fitted for orange jumpsuits.
Laetitia James, NY AG, holds all the cards.
The sooner, the better.

Not one more penny until Wayne and his ilk go.

I'm sorry that it's come to this. I don't like it. But it only recourse available at this point. The leadership is patently corrupt and using the entity has its private slush fund. The NRA needs to be run like a real corporation with a real president and a REAL Board that has real oversight, and real power/authority so that this type of thing never happens again.

And I'll add that anyone with real integrity and who truly cared about the Second Amendment and the cause would have stepped down months ago.

Jumped to the end. Apologies if stealing others' opinions.

Imho, this nra cesspool is nothing any of us can do a damn thing about.
A judge in NY state will decide if it can survive with a new structure...or not at all.
Some of the directors will likely be fitted for orange jumpsuits.
Laetitia James, NY AG, holds all the cards.
The sooner, the better.
And after NYAG is through, the IRS will come calling.

There are 70 members of the Board of the NRA. Look at how many have resigned, quit or retired in the past 4 years (since the corruption investigation in 2019). Their ship is sinking.

"The duty of a board member is a duty of attention, it's a duty of informed decision making. You're supposed to know what's going on, and actually that's a fairly easy standard to meet," Pace University School of Law professor James Fishman explained to Newsweek. "The reason you have board members jumping ship is probably because the organization is in trouble. It is very stressful and time consuming when you have a fight amongst board members or when you have an executive officer that some board members have lost faith in. Nobody needs that."

I too only joined when my club required I do at initiation. Never renewed it after getting tons of letters, solicitations and just general junk mail. Might reconsider if they toss WLP overboard but he has amassed a lot of power in that organization. But I agree that with all that has go on with the constant attack on our gun rights they are no where to be found. Other, better, organizations have taken up the banner and are more deserving of my (our) money.

My range just started recognizing other organizations this year. Maybe all the talk around the tables is starting to work.

The NRA is corrupt, and Wayne's own personal piggy bank. It's too bad to see such an historic organization go down like this.
I always wondered why NRA membership was required for range membership. Are the ranges getting subsidized somehow? Required for RSO accreditation? Feels like when my company donates to UnitedWay or other on my behalf to claim 100% participation.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top