JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One of the many craptastic features of this proposal is if you turn them in, the State gives you $0.00 per item. It isn't just the 2A it royally violates.
Unconstitutional taking; will be held in suspension until all the legal issues are settled a decade down the appeal road. Hopefully NRA-ILA will get into the fight with some support.

This is a story that our children will tell of the past. Let it be with honor that we are remembered in history. Let the future be that of freedom for our children. We will be a stepping stone in history, just one of many that will be laid at the feet of human history. Let the future remember us as the ones who kept freedom alive and not the ones who let it die.

There are about 35 threads on this with thousands of posts. The left is filing petitions and ballot measures in at least 4 states with the worst being here in Oregon. And what does everybody on here do ?? Snipe at each other like a bunch of bit*hey old ladies at the afternoon tea.

The left is fixing to kick our azzes hard and this is the best we can all do ?? They are so organized and so far ahead of where the 2A supporters need to be it will take a long time and a lot of money to even think there is a chance of stopping it.

Grow the f*** up and get together on this people. I got a check book ready to write some decent checks on this if I can feel something will get accomplished other than a bunch of sh*t slinging at each other.

Deerfield, Illinois, just banned assault weapons. The penalty? Up to $1,000 a day. - CNN

No sh*t was slung -- it is common to take friendly jabs at each other on these forums -- nothing was meant but comedic jest. Take a chill pill my friend and order new panties that are a size larger, the ones you currently have seem a tad bunched... (again comedic jest...)

But in all seriousness I agree that we are way behind the curve and need to get organized and focused.

No sh*t was slung -- it is common to take friendly jabs at each other on these forums -- nothing was meant but comedic jest. Take a chill pill my friend and order new panties that are a size larger, the ones you currently have seem a tad bunched... (again comedic jest...)

But in all seriousness I agree that we are way behind the curve and need to get organized and focused.

I get what you are saying. It just seems that there is a lot of poking going on, I tend to be a bit more focused when I get going on something. I poke as much as anybody else, and why are you thinking about my panties anyway ?? o_O

This is a story that our children will tell of the past. Let it be with honor that we are remembered in history. Let the future be that of freedom for our children. We will be a stepping stone in history, just one of many that will be laid at the feet of human history. Let the future remember us as the ones who kept freedom alive and not the ones who let it die.
Those are my intentions and I'd rather it be me dying for our rights instead of my grandchildren.

91AF4BBA-C2D2-40A7-813A-6CB21DD7F2A8.jpeg

It's a sad thing that we are seeing this fall apart in our lifetimes. The public outcry against guns fueled by propaganda and violent outbursts is a hard thing to buck. As someone else said, if it comes to Oregon, Monkey see, Monkey do, it will likely come to Washington. California has had it since, what, 1999?

Oh, we should be so fortunate for a turn-in like they had in Australia. Gun owners there were compensated for their loss. The Australian constitution has a clause guaranteeing just compensation, which we also have in the Fifth Amendment to our Constitution. But I did a bit of reading on this, there is case law that goes way back that excludes compensation for seizure or surrender that is ordered in the interest of public safety. I'm not an attorney but to the best of my recollection, that's what I read some time ago. So as to firearms, we are not protected under the Fifth Amendment. Or maybe a big, new court case could change this, who knows. But for now, registered "assault rifles" die with their owners in California, they must be turned in or destroyed upon the death of their owners, no inheritance rights. This is a back-door way of avoiding the just compensation issue. They won't take it, they just won't let your estate get it.

Moving to avoid compliance? How many times are you willing to relocate as more states go this route or if similar restrictions come about federally? It's a question that each individual must answer for himself, what is more important in life. One guy said above something like, he can't move yet, his kids are still in high school. Yeah, and not long after there may be grandchildren then your wife won't let you move away because your kids and grandkids are here, etc. I've been through all this noise in my own life already or I'd be living in Nevada or Montana right now.

Civil disobedience. That's what non-compliance is called. This is another decision that is made individually. Yes, there are lots of people in states with restrictions who have chosen not to obey. Getting caught may be on a low order of probability but there is always chance, fluke, or just plain bad luck. Legal problems of this sort get expensive in a hurry.

Another issue for me is, if I can't use it, how can I enjoy having it?
You can take them out to the friend in the country to shoot them at his/her place without problems. Once given up, you will never have the chance to have them .... ever.

I do a lot of writing, and read a lot of writing. This is one of the best paragraphs I have ever read. My writing tends to be more technical and scripted,, I wish I could put together something like that. I would like to share that with some family and friends.

Compliance rates don't mean anything.

So what if it's toothless?
Try taking your non compliant, unregistered AR to the range and see how toothless the law is.
again, what good is a gun you can never use?
I hate seeing people post the crap about NY, etc.
let's not get complacent here *knowing* there isn't going to be a door to door.
what is going to happen here is just a mouse hair away from forced confiscation.

And exactly how is the range supposed to know that you have or have not registered it? As if they would actually care. Do you actually believe they will be taking names and serial numbers to call into the State Police for a check before letting you use the range? Are you going to be carrying around a compliance piece of paper? A good percentage of Oregon AW owners will never register their weapons. I fully plan on using mine for shooting enjoyment registered or not. The compliance rates in states back east with bans are dismal. When an absolute ban, registered or not, comes around THEN you won't be able to walk out the door with an AR, period.

Last Edited:
Thinking more of this thing in Oregon as I understand it, there is a registration period, then there is a time where it is just flat illegal to own it?

Registered or not, there probably wont be a lot of care about that at the range... God help you if you have a tail light out or something... or if someone rats you out... etc.

Outright ban, well yeah thats a little different.

This is the problem I was pointing out. It seems like there is a lot of complacency around this, and the compliance rates back east are used for a false sense of security... "sure, its illegal, but if they arent coming door to door, no one will know..".. So in the mean time we just sit and wait for the outright ban.... THEN!!!!! its time for revolution!

No, the time to act is NOW. Act to stop it! NOT to plan on ways of skirting the law and committing passive resistance to the law... biding time for when they become illegal and turning your yard into the OK corral when they come to confiscate.

After the first few, they will start showing up in force, APCs and SWAT... kind of like how they forcibly searched house to house following the Boston Marathon bombing.
Your house is surrounded, you are out numbered 20:1 and there is an MRAP on your lawn. My money is on you handing it over. But then again, there will be the guy who comes out like Yosemite Sam and gets lit up like a Christmas tree... And then is made an example of in the media ... there will be no marches over your killing. YOU WILL BE A TERRORIST. And at least %60 of people will think so and they will support these forced disarmaments.

They only way to defeat this is to become organized. Organize now to fight off the gun grabbers, stay organized regardless of the outcome... That organization may come in handy down the road... There can be no one man show standing up to tyranny.

The only way to defeat this is to become organized. Organize now to fight off the gun grabbers, stay organized regardless of the outcome... That organization may come in handy down the road... There can be no one man show standing up to tyranny.

Organize like the NRA? OFF? Organize a recall? Organize a rally? Organize a letter writing campaign?

Or organize like the Sons of Liberty? 4GW?

All of the above.

Do whatever you are able to do. Some of the PR needed to defeat this is out of our hands of course. Though no one is going to spend the advertising $$$ here against it. So people will only hear one side of the story.

A rally? Sounds good.

Distribute flyers at gun shows, outdoor shows, gun shops, gunsmiths, etc.
Make sure that at least every gun owner knows the full extent of this proposed initiative. Even the Fudds will have to take notice of how far it reaches.

We need to monitor and challenge the signature collecting process... This should be #1.
Groups like OFF should be front and center of that.
If they aren't, and time is running out, call them and tell them you expect a fight... Otherwise your continued membership with them is useless & they should change their logo to a Hawken or something..... Because that's all you guys will have down there soon enough

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top