JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just make sure the measure has language in it that includes constitutional carry being granted to those from other states...

Am i the only one sketched out by "constitutional carry"? America is chock full of morons, and in the words of george carlin "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that". The oregon chl course is very short and easy, it's actually shorter than the oregon atv permit. Its purpose is to ensure everyone knows the laws of what is and isn't legal and justifiable. And lately there have been a handful of scared mofos shooting people just cause they knocked on their door or pulled in their driveway? Imagine all those morons walking around in public and not just on their private property. Yeah thats a hard no from me dawg. Its under the same premise as removing the need for drivers license.

$0 online chl courses, $0 application fee and laws preventing counties (multnomah) from fingerpopping their own aholes for months on end before rubber stamping your permit? Yeah 100% i can get behind that. But ive met too many morons to think they should all be hiding pistols.

North Dakota's "constitutional carry" law only applies to residents of that state. With the open hostility to guns in Oregon, I could see the courts interpreting any constitutional carry measure passed by the voters as only applying to residents of Oregon.

You ever pass a car on the freeway going somewhere, and see it struggling. Like really struggling, to run, but it's kind of making it along the road.

Then 2-3 hours later, as your heading back home from your errands, you see the same car on the side of the road with the hood up and steam or a tire being replaced. Or just straight up abandoned.

Well…

I've got a car for sale.

at the risk of sketching you out further, and with all respect:

i regret to inform you that these people to whom you are referring are already carrying. legal or not.
This isnt news, i didnt fall off the turnip truck yesterday. But you can imagine the percentage of those who carry now (illegally) will be vastly different after its no longer illegal.

Like theres folks who illegally own grenades. You dont hear about them being used, but if everyone could own one, you can imagine those statistics rise proportionally.

This isnt news, i didnt fall off the turnip truck yesterday. But you can imagine the percentage of those who carry now (illegally) will be vastly different after its no longer illegal.

Like theres folks who illegally own grenades. You dont hear about them being used, but if everyone could own one, you can imagine those statistics rise proportionally.
i didn't suspect it was news. and no offense intended.

we can agree to disagree as to whether constitutional carry would create more people carrying firearms. or simply move otherwise non-prohibited people who would not otherwise be commiting a crime from lawbreaker to not.

i'll get back to you after i decide if taking grenades of the NFA would upset me or not.

:)

Am i the only one sketched out by "constitutional carry"? America is chock full of morons, and in the words of george carlin "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that". The oregon chl course is very short and easy, it's actually shorter than the oregon atv permit. Its purpose is to ensure everyone knows the laws of what is and isn't legal and justifiable. And lately there have been a handful of scared mofos shooting people just cause they knocked on their door or pulled in their driveway? Imagine all those morons walking around in public and not just on their private property. Yeah thats a hard no from me dawg. Its under the same premise as removing the need for drivers license.

$0 online chl courses, $0 application fee and laws preventing counties (multnomah) from fingerpopping their own aholes for months on end before rubber stamping your permit? Yeah 100% i can get behind that. But ive met too many morons to think they should all be hiding pistols.
You seem to be implying that a short CHL permit course some how acts to prevent idiots from carrying concealed.

Do you think drivers Ed and having to obtain a license prevents idiots from driving?

Do you travel to Idaho, Alaska, Utah, Wyoming, or many other states outside Oregon, Washington, and Nevada? If you did were you sketched out by all the idiots carrying concealed?

Just make sure the measure has language in it that includes constitutional carry being granted to those from other states...
Oregon does not even recognize any of the remaining States' conceal carry licenses/permits. What makes you think Oregon would even recognize "Constitutional/permit less Carry" from any of the 27 current Constitutional Carry States, even if Constitutional Carry got on the ballot and passed? :rolleyes:

Oregon does not even recognize any of the remaining States' conceal carry licenses/permits. What makes you think Oregon would even recognize "Constitutional/permit less Carry" from any of the 27 current Constitutional Carry States, even if Constitutional Carry got on the ballot and passed? :rolleyes:
Hence my original response to ensure language is included in the measure that explicitly allows for residents of other states to enjoy constitutional, permitless carry in Oregon.

Hence my original response to ensure language is included in the measure that explicitly allows for residents of other states to enjoy constitutional, permitless carry in Oregon.
I just have my doubts that the Party currently in the majority, isn't gonna find ways to make this a largely symbolic thing :rolleyes: or find "errors and false signatures" and twist the %s to say the petition doesn't have enough "valid" signatures :rolleyes: (see recall KB petitions and other petitions that were pro2A that consistently failed to get on ballots whereas the LEVO petitions got on) 🙄

The US Constitution and Bill of Rights was intended to place limitations and restrictions on the government, not the people. The last thing the people need is the government overseeing their rights. I'll take sketchy morons any day of the week over an oppressive government.

I like many of us have been to the range and saw that guy while legal to own a firearm well to be honest should not. This is the person that is going to carry a hot weapon in public the same guy that does not understand hot or cold range. I do believe in the second amendment but also believe in my safety and my family's and when they make a stupid call and bring out their smoke pole things are not going to work out so well for them. I like the idea of not having to jump through hoops to get my CCW but at what price to have some Willie lump lump shoot himself in the leg at Walmart for my kids to see because he/she/it can carry and is not properly trained ?

I like many of us have been to the range and saw that guy while legal to own a firearm well to be honest should not. This is the person that is going to carry a hot weapon in public the same guy that does not understand hot or cold range. I do believe in the second amendment but also believe in my safety and my family's and when they make a stupid call and bring out their smoke pole things are not going to work out so well for them. I like the idea of not having to jump through hoops to get my CCW but at what price to have some Willie lump lump shoot himself in the leg at Walmart for my kids to see because he/she/it can carry and is not properly trained ?
So, if I'm following you correctly, you don't want constitutional carry.

Because you feel someone(s) will ND at Walmart while your kids are there. And your kids will see it. Is that correct?

27 States now with permitless carry. Hopefully 28 with NC soon; have NDs/gun accidents skyrocketed in these 27 States since they started permitless carry?
I've seen no data that indicates that.

Just my opinion, but I think someone who chooses to carry a gun in public should have the self-generated need to get training.

But that's different from making that training a condition of carry.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top