JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here is a thought that came to me right before falling asleep last night; I haven't worked through it yet and putting it to the collective wisdom here.

Here is the question: If you have an AR lower receiver that is disassembled to some extent, or even completely stripped, would that be considered an "assault weapon" under the current proposed measure definition?

My initial idea is that this condition removes at least some of the stated features - bayonet stud, collapsing stock, etc.

What say you?

Similar to what I was thinking the other day; that a lower, stripped or not, is not semi-automatic until you put a semi-auto upper on it. After all, there are bolt action uppers, pump action uppers and so on. The lower is legally a firearm by federal law, but otherwise undefined as to its capabilities.

The other thing is, and it has been a week since I read the initiative, but it also covers the mags - what about those bolt action rifles that take large mags? Yup.

My hat is off to you that will resist and stand and fight should this law pass. A felony charge would get me fired from my job. My family depends on me for support. I am simply not willing to risk loosing my family's financial security over this. Not to mention being prohibited from owning any firearms to protect them with should the need arise. Like the old saying, don't roll the dice if you can't pay the price. The price in this game is too high for me to play.

I mentioned this or in another thread - this is not academic for me, the practicality of it is that these guns are primarily in my possession to protect my family. I can't do that if I am imprisoned and/or my guns have all been confiscated and/or I no longer can legally possess any firearms. I am nearing retirement age and financial security is less of an issue for me - unless the gov. goes after my property too, and there are laws that allow them to do that.

So yeah, fight to a point, but not to where I lose what I am trying to protect. At some point, if it gets bad enough, the guns will either get registered or go out of state.

Try and think of things this way: Imagine you were a jew living in Germany in the late 20's. You've heard of the Nazi's and their crazy ideas but except for a few fringe groups in society, most are not taking the Nazi's seriously. Five years pass and Hitler becomes Chancellor legally. Sure you've heard him talk some crazy B.S. but you know it's just propaganda for the masses and hope for the best. Five more years pass and a slurry of bad laws pass that restrict your movement and freedoms but Germany has retaken it's place as the head of nations on the planet. While worried for the future you are proud of your country and continue to hope for the best and keep your head down. 3 more years pass and your country is at war -- you and your family has been given orders to pack a single suitcase per person and report to the train station to be relocated to a "workcamp".

I wonder if many family members didn't think about why they put up with all the mounting pressure and did nothing...
Was the years gained worth the cost? I think not.
95925725a80725c4c2609db9b5c47ca1.jpg

Now is the time to do something -- mentally prepare to resist!

Look at the compliance factor on the east coast....

Nothing happened. Toothless lions.

Compliance rates don't mean anything.

So what if it's toothless?
Try taking your non compliant, unregistered AR to the range and see how toothless the law is.

again, what good is a gun you can never use?

I hate seeing people post the crap about NY, etc.
let's not get complacent here *knowing* there isn't going to be a door to door.

what is going to happen here is just a mouse hair away from forced confiscation.

What if I register them in the name of a trust?
I put mine in a trust in anticipation of something like this. My wife is co-trustee and my 3 yo is the beneficiary. Those can be changed over time. If the items are registered with the state police the trust should be able to keep them. They would never need to actually change hands if the trustees and beneficiaries keep getting changed. My current setup should be good for at least 20 years without any changes.

Not directly unless the buyer came here and it was a long gun. A dealer would have to ship to another dealer otherwise.
That is what I meant. I sell to people in other states regularly. Directly or not, makes no difference. At least selling it to a dealer would get you some $ rather than turning them in for nothing.

Try and think of things this way: Imagine you were a jew living in Germany in the late 20's. You've heard of the Nazi's and their crazy ideas but except for a few fringe groups in society, most are not taking the Nazi's seriously. Five years pass and Hitler becomes Chancellor legally. Sure you've heard him talk some crazy B.S. but you know it's just propaganda for the masses and hope for the best. Five more years pass and a slurry of bad laws pass that restrict your movement and freedoms but Germany has retaken it's place as the head of nations on the planet. While worried for the future you are proud of your country and continue to hope for the best and keep your head down. 3 more years pass and your country is at war -- you and your family has been given orders to pack a single suitcase per person and report to the train station to be relocated to a "workcamp".

I wonder if many family members didn't think about why they put up with all the mounting pressure and did nothing...
Was the years gained worth the cost? I think not.
View attachment 447050

Now is the time to do something -- mentally prepare to resist!

You make an important point but there is deeper meaning to this story. If we have the willingness, it's far more instructive to consider history not from the perspective of the victim, but instead from that of the perpetrator. Had any of us lived in Germany during the '20s and '30s the overwhelming probability is that we would supporters of Hitler if not Nazi party members. Germany was a broken nation and the Nazis had restored it to a European power.

We all have the capacity for malevolence within; facing those demons makes us stronger when confronting moral challenges.

True enough but it was not my point -- my point was to point out that when you are a frog in a pot that is getting warmer, the solution is not to try to deal with it but to jump out of the pot and stop the perpetrators so as to help save your fellow frogs....

I would probably rather go featureless ugly stock then register, how bout you guys?
It would be easy on the AK platform to disable the gas system loose the pistol grip and put a ugly saga stock on . Weld a 10 round mag in place ect . But after that what' the point in having it

It would be easy on the AK platform to disable the gas system loose the pistol grip and put a ugly saga stock on . Weld a 10 round mag in place ect . But after that what' the point in having it

If you go featureless, IE ugly stock, no pistol grip, no muzzle device, no forward grip, etc. You shouldnt need to have a fixed mag. Thats the point of going featureless. If you have a fixed magazine you wouldnt need to go featureless

If you go featureless, IE ugly stock, no pistol grip, no muzzle device, no forward grip, etc. You shouldnt need to have a fixed mag. Thats the point of going featureless. If you have a fixed magazine you wouldnt need to go featureless
But it would have to be 10 rounds right. There is 2 old AK platform rifles that I think would slip through the cracks but I won' mention them so they dont magicly appear on the ban list

You make an important point but there is deeper meaning to this story. If we have the willingness, it's far more instructive to consider history not from the perspective of the victim, but instead from that of the perpetrator. Had any of us lived in Germany during the '20s and '30s the overwhelming probability is that we would supporters of Hitler if not Nazi party members. Germany was a broken nation and the Nazis had restored it to a European power.

We all have the capacity for malevolence within; facing those demons makes us stronger when confronting moral challenges.

Most my uncle's
On both sides ,grandfathers and their brothers and freinds ect . were veteans of ww1 , ww2 , & Korea. There was alot of talk on the weekends when they would get together. The eyewitness stores would scare the hell out of anyone with common sense. For someone to think the world has evolved so far that those things could never happen again is denial & blatant stupidity.

But it would have to be 10 rounds right. There is 2 old AK platform rifles that I think would slip through the cracks but I won' mention them so they dont magicly appear on the ban list

Yeah it would still have to be 10 rounds. But atleast with featureless you can keep your magazines detachable like normal. For me personally that seems like the best option.

There is a point in which an armed insurrection is appropriate but it is not yet. Now is the time to prepare. We have to understand that these people are ignorant of what they do. They act out of good intentions but know nothing of the effects it will have in the future. Actions of the heart without consulting the mind are foolish. Political refugees will leave the area in droves. The Jews had a problem in that they had to flee the entire country. Here all we have to do it flee the state. The country is becoming separated politically and some states like Texas and others have vowed to disregard any unconstitutional laws by the federal government. Pushed into a corner we will eventually fight. The principles of freedom demand it. Die once on your feet or die a thousand times on your knees.
"A people who mean to continue free must be prepared to meet danger in person…" – Rep. John Randolph (22 Dec 1790,

My hat is off to you that will resist and stand and fight should this law pass. A felony charge would get me fired from my job. My family depends on me for support. I am simply not willing to risk loosing my family's financial security over this. Not to mention being prohibited from owning any firearms to protect them with should the need arise. Like the old saying, don't roll the dice if you can't pay the price. The price in this game is too high for me to play.

Can't really fault you for your personal choice. THAT is EXACTLY what the Commies are counting on for their success. Keep in mind, this is a Civil Right that your heirs may direly need in the future.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews