JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm 1 million percent for NOT having to ask the government permission to carry.

I doubt hoards of people would then suddenly start carrying that never did before. Those that carry now would continue to do so and it would continue to not be a big deal 'Cept I don't need to apply for a card and pay a fee to Oceania to do so

Seems a lot like... "I'm pro 2A, but.... I support reasonable common sense gun control", IMHO.

It's really no different than the argument anti-gunners make when they say that law abiding citizens shouldn't have guns in the first place. There are too many stupid people with guns that will do stupid things.

Granted, stupid people exist, but that doesn't mean the general masses should have their rights infringed due to the small handful of people that make poor choices. Just like we don't strip away or restrict peoples DL's if they are known to consume alcohol on occasion.... just because some people over indulge, choose to get behind a wheel and end up killing someone.

In that case we're only talking about a granted privilege, not a constitutionally protected fundamental right.

Last Edited:
Am i the only one sketched out by "constitutional carry"? America is chock full of morons, and in the words of george carlin "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that". The oregon chl course is very short and easy, it's actually shorter than the oregon atv permit. Its purpose is to ensure everyone knows the laws of what is and isn't legal and justifiable. And lately there have been a handful of scared mofos shooting people just cause they knocked on their door or pulled in their driveway? Imagine all those morons walking around in public and not just on their private property. Yeah thats a hard no from me dawg. Its under the same premise as removing the need for drivers license.

$0 online chl courses, $0 application fee and laws preventing counties (multnomah) from fingerpopping their own aholes for months on end before rubber stamping your permit? Yeah 100% i can get behind that. But ive met too many morons to think they should all be hiding pistols.

I'm WAAAAAY more "sketched out" by all the DF'st that say stupid schit, who believe stupid schit as gospel, who vote….. and who breed and procreate even more DF's.

Seems a lot like... "I'm pro 2A, but.... I support reasonable common sense gun control", IMHO.

It's really no different than the argument anti-gunners make when they say that law abiding citizens shouldn't have guns in the first place. There are too many stupid people with guns that will do stupid things.

Granted, stupid people exist, but that doesn't mean the general masses should have their rights infringed due to the small handful of people that make poor choices. Just like we don't strip away or restrict peoples DL's if they are known to consume alcohol on occasion.... just because some people over indulge and end up killing someone.

In that case we're even talking about a granted privilege, not a constitutionally protected fundamental right.
Nuff said
1683352484545.png

Might as well start preparing for thse that will want to insist that you are required to have a license to drive, so why not have a licence to carry?

There are plenty of valid reasons why there is no comparison to a constitutionally recognized right and driving on a public highway, just saying to get yourself ready for the question.

Might as well start preparing for thse that will want to insist that you are required to have a license to drive, so why not have a licence to carry?

There are plenty of valid reasons why there is no comparison to a constitutionally recognized right and driving on a public highway, just saying to get yourself ready for the question.
You do have the right to travel freely, it's just you need the licenses to drive a motor vehicle on public roadways, or to fly a plane in "public air space", or to operate a motor or certain sized boats on "navigable waters".

But taking a bus, train, riding in a plane, being a boat passenger, just walking on sidewalks, riding bicycles, animals; none of these requires a license, just an ID when buying tickets.

Edit maybe the best analogy to gun rights would be.. in 27 States, you have the right to carry freely, but you might need "licenses" (certifications?) To train firearm owners, to open shooting ranges, to host hunter safety classes, and probably to provide "professional hunter" services?

Am i the only one sketched out by "constitutional carry"? America is chock full of morons, and in the words of george carlin "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that". The oregon chl course is very short and easy, it's actually shorter than the oregon atv permit. Its purpose is to ensure everyone knows the laws of what is and isn't legal and justifiable. And lately there have been a handful of scared mofos shooting people just cause they knocked on their door or pulled in their driveway? Imagine all those morons walking around in public and not just on their private property. Yeah thats a hard no from me dawg. Its under the same premise as removing the need for drivers license.

$0 online chl courses, $0 application fee and laws preventing counties (multnomah) from fingerpopping their own aholes for months on end before rubber stamping your permit? Yeah 100% i can get behind that. But ive met too many morons to think they should all be hiding pistols.
Agree. I only support constitutional carry because government has shown to be irresponsible with having the authority to fairly issue carry permits (pre-Bruen) in places like California, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, etc. However, I do acknowledge that some people are f*cking stupid and not everyone should be allowed to carry a gun in public. But at the end of the day laws are just words on paper and nothing stops them from carrying a handgun anyway unless the probability and severity of consequences outweigh the benefit of carrying without a permit.

I like many of us have been to the range and saw that guy while legal to own a firearm well to be honest should not. This is the person that is going to carry a hot weapon in public the same guy that does not understand hot or cold range. I do believe in the second amendment but also believe in my safety and my family's and when they make a stupid call and bring out their smoke pole things are not going to work out so well for them. I like the idea of not having to jump through hoops to get my CCW but at what price to have some Willie lump lump shoot himself in the leg at Walmart for my kids to see because he/she/it can carry and is not properly trained ?
But the real question, do you think Oregon's two hour class is going to properly train people to prevent your fears?

And my other question, same for the permit to purchase, do you want Ginny Burdick, Floyd Prosanski and their ilk deciding what you "need" to learn?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top