JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A little Constitutional Carry, anyone?

NEWS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Kerry McQuisten, [email protected]
Jean Sampson, [email protected]

Prospective petition establishing constitutional carry filed in Oregon

SALEM, OR—March 3, 2023—Today, the Oregon Secretary of State's Office received the initial prospective petition filing to establish constitutional carry in Oregon. The three chief petitioners in the effort are: Joel Pawloski, Chair of the Marion County Republicans; Kerry McQuisten, former gubernatorial candidate and former mayor of Baker City; and Jean Sampson, former city council member of Clatskanie in Columbia County.

The title as listed in the petition information is: "Establishing the right to carry concealed firearms without permit." The proposed text is as follows: "PARAGRAPH 1. Section 27, Article I of the Constitution of the State of Oregon, is amended to read: Sec. 27. (1) The people shall have the right to bear arms for the [defence] defense of themselves, and the State, but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power. (2) The right described in subsection (1) of this section includes the right to carry, without a permit, a concealed firearm."

Says Pawloski, "Constitutional Carry is an important right for the safety and security of all Oregonians. The failures of leadership in Oregon are endemic. With ballot initiatives, the people of Oregon act as our own legislators under the Oregon Constitution, and it's time we take the lead on this subject."

McQuisten concurs. "We've watched so many over-the-top gun-grab attempts in Oregon erode our Second Amendment rights. We shouldn't be asking permission from the government to protect ourselves."

"Gathering this many signatures is a daunting task," added Sampson. "But I think Oregonians are ready for this change in the same way that more than half of our U.S. states have been."
After the prospective petition paperwork is approved by the Secretary of State's office, the chief petitioners will be issued a signature sheet template to begin collecting at least 1,000 sponsorship signatures, which are necessary to receive a ballot title from the Oregon Attorney General's Office. After that step is achieved, the process of gathering the more than 160,000 signatures for the initiative to appear on the 2024 ballot will begin.

Additional statements will be released, along with official website information, when the gathering of the first 1,000 signatures begins.

# # #

For anyone interested, weather it passes or not it makes a statement.
Thor Armory Albaby March 11th 12:00 to 4:00 collecting the initial 1000 signatures.

and
New website that will be updated soon

Last Edited:
I reckon y'all can give this a shot and hope for the best or you can sit on your thumbs and whine when they come for more of your rights. I truly wish you all the luck in the world with it!

Quite a long shot in Oregon. But it would be worth it just to watch the libs heads explode.

089F6A2F-DCE7-43E6-B77B-8F27A2269199.jpeg

I can say this much: cynicism from the sidelines never passed anything.

As Wayne Gretzky said, "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...

There's no guarantee it will pass.

There is a guarantee it will not, if we poop all over the idea from the start.

I, for one, am not expecting much, but I'll support it nevertheless, because stranger things have happened.

Remember lots of people did not come forward and advocate against 114, despite they were pro-gun, and you can see what apathy did.
The sad reality is that the "other side" is better at coming together and organizing. Hell, "community organizer" is literally a job description for some of them.

Part of that is, methinks, the independent and authority- resistant nature of more conservative mindsets coming into play.

Don't get me wrong - those qualities certainly have their advantages, but "easy to organize and act in unison" isn't one of them (with the notable exception of military service).

Yes. Apathy is what is killing the 2A. The greatest weapon the dems have is apathetic gun owners who feel they have no voice, so why bother.

Then there's the gun owners that tell everyone that its a waste of time to write letters, send emails, or contact the legislators to voice their concerns.

Someone here posts Easy Action Of The Day and others post complete lists of email addresses for every elected official that has a say in these laws. It literally could not be made any easier to speak out against this kind of thing.

Gun and sporting goods stores, motivated people of all kinds try to get signatures to put pro gun issues on the ballot. They get met with apathy.

"I don't want to get on a "list"
"I don't have time"
"It won't do any good"
"Oh, that'll never pass"

And on and on it goes.

Speak out! Send the emails. Click on the EAOTD. Sign the petitions.

If you don't make some kind of effort to stop these laws, then you don't get to complain when they get passed. You helped it pass.

In other words, put up or shut up.

Yes. Apathy is what is killing the 2A. The greatest weapon the dems have is apathetic gun owners who feel they have no voice, so why bother.

Then there's the gun owners that tell everyone that its a waste of time to write letters, send emails, or contact the legislators to voice their concerns.

Someone here posts Easy Action Of The Day and others post complete lists of email addresses for every elected official that has a say in these laws. It literally could not be made any easier to speak out against this kind of thing.

Gun and sporting goods stores, motivated people of all kinds try to get signatures to put pro gun issues on the ballot. They get met with apathy.

"I don't want to get on a "list"
"I don't have time"
"It won't do any good"
"Oh, that'll never pass"

And on and on it goes.

Speak out! Send the emails. Click on the EAOTD. Sign the petitions.

If you don't make some kind of effort to stop these laws, then you don't get to complain when they get passed. You helped it pass.

In other words, put up or shut up.
F@#%in' A!

I can say this much: cynicism from the sidelines never passed anything.

As Wayne Gretzky said, "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...

There's no guarantee it will pass.

There is a guarantee it will not, if we poop all over the idea from the start.

I, for one, am not expecting much, but I'll support it nevertheless, because stranger things have happened.
As much as I appreciate the effort and will fully support it, I have to ask "what's changed"? since the last election when a majority of our fellow Oregonians decided to basically strip away our 2A rights? Make no mistake - 114 was JUST THE BEGINNING. And every "mass shootong" plastered over CNN only strengthens their resolve and their hatred for guns and responsible people who own them. Irony...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top