JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What are you seriously going to do? Tell them pry it from your dead fingers. Ya, sure. Bury them. Got a secure spot not in your back yard? Boating accident. Get real. I've got kids in free states that will be getting the inheritance early. They are getting them anyway, and I can always visit to go shooting.

For the sake of reference, these are the options outlined in the proposed, steaming pile of statute.

(3) Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall, within 120 days after the effective date of this 2018 Act, without being subject to prosecution:
(a) Remove the assault weapon or large capacity magazine from the state;
(b) Sell the assault weapon or large capacity magazine to a firearms dealer licensed under 18 U.S.C. 923 for lawful sale or transfer under subsection (2) of this section;
(c) Surrender the assault weapon or large capacity magazine to a law enforcement agency for destruction;
(d) Render the assault weapon permanently inoperable; or
(e) If eligible, register the assault weapon or large capacity magazine with the Department as provided in Section 5 of this 2018 Act.

Send your high cap death toll forty million rpm firearms andscary larry magazines my way. I'll keep them primed and ready for ya!;)

I've always been concealed carrying revolver guy so I don't see much change for me just to be honest.

Not until this bill does nothing to reduce the number of shootings, which it won't. At which point it will be obvious to everyone that cares about the children that some other kind of firearm is to blame. Rinse, lather and repeat, and sooner or later they will get around to a common sense solution that includes your little round thing. If you think I'm wrong that's all the proof I need to tell that YOU don't care about the children. ;)

Options we've discussed:

• Register those arms that are absolutely required to now. Accelerate planned expansion to northwestern Nevada. After which, they can be moved out of state.*
  • Unrelated to this development (43), we're working on obtaining an 01FFL license.† (In fact I've been working on the paperwork and related this week despite the day job being gonzo.) Assuming it is legal, we could transfer them to said business entity without registration.
  • If our attorney advises that it is worthwhile, file a lawsuit.
(I don't know how the they think they are going to be able to track and register magazines. The vast majority we own or I have seen have no serial number and little or no markings. Whoever authored this bill is clueless.)

* It pains me to say it because we made our home here, we love the natural beauty of this state, and have deep roots, but if this nonsense passes, and sticks, it is just another sign that we're on a sinking ship.
† This was actually planned for early 2017, but that year was ... wow, something else, in the busyness department.

Well I'm in WA but it would be safe to say that if Oregon goes this route Washington will follow.

Personally if the govt wants them that bad they can pay me for them, $100k a piece. Dang cheap price for my freedom

We're all ready relocated out of OryGun, just visiting long term. As long as Colorado dosnt go full stupid, were fine. If this goes national, it's not going to matter. And like the old saw, cold dead hands!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews