JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thinking more of this thing in Oregon as I understand it, there is a registration period, then there is a time where it is just flat illegal to own it?

Registered or not, there probably wont be a lot of care about that at the range... God help you if you have a tail light out or something... or if someone rats you out... etc.

Outright ban, well yeah thats a little different.

This is the problem I was pointing out. It seems like there is a lot of complacency around this, and the compliance rates back east are used for a false sense of security... "sure, its illegal, but if they arent coming door to door, no one will know..".. So in the mean time we just sit and wait for the outright ban.... THEN!!!!! its time for revolution!

No, the time to act is NOW. Act to stop it! NOT to plan on ways of skirting the law and committing passive resistance to the law... biding time for when they become illegal and turning your yard into the OK corral when they come to confiscate.

After the first few, they will start showing up in force, APCs and SWAT... kind of like how they forcibly searched house to house following the Boston Marathon bombing.
Your house is surrounded, you are out numbered 20:1 and there is an MRAP on your lawn. My money is on you handing it over. But then again, there will be the guy who comes out like Yosemite Sam and gets lit up like a Christmas tree... And then is made an example of in the media ... there will be no marches over your killing. YOU WILL BE A TERRORIST. And at least %60 of people will think so and they will support these forced disarmaments.

They only way to defeat this is to become organized. Organize now to fight off the gun grabbers, stay organized regardless of the outcome... That organization may come in handy down the road... There can be no one man show standing up to tyranny.

Picture related itshappening.jpg

(Not condoning illegal activity. Only pointing out what an exciting time line for Oregonians.)

Thinking more of this thing in Oregon as I understand it, there is a registration period, then there is a time where it is just flat illegal to own it?

Registered or not, there probably wont be a lot of care about that at the range... God help you if you have a tail light out or something... or if someone rats you out... etc.

Outright ban, well yeah thats a little different.

This is the problem I was pointing out. It seems like there is a lot of complacency around this, and the compliance rates back east are used for a false sense of security... "sure, its illegal, but if they arent coming door to door, no one will know..".. So in the mean time we just sit and wait for the outright ban.... THEN!!!!! its time for revolution!

No, the time to act is NOW. Act to stop it! NOT to plan on ways of skirting the law and committing passive resistance to the law... biding time for when they become illegal and turning your yard into the OK corral when they come to confiscate.

After the first few, they will start showing up in force, APCs and SWAT... kind of like how they forcibly searched house to house following the Boston Marathon bombing.
Your house is surrounded, you are out numbered 20:1 and there is an MRAP on your lawn. My money is on you handing it over. But then again, there will be the guy who comes out like Yosemite Sam and gets lit up like a Christmas tree... And then is made an example of in the media ... there will be no marches over your killing. YOU WILL BE A TERRORIST. And at least %60 of people will think so and they will support these forced disarmaments.

They only way to defeat this is to become organized. Organize now to fight off the gun grabbers, stay organized regardless of the outcome... That organization may come in handy down the road... There can be no one man show standing up to tyranny.
There were many terrorists in 1776 that became Americans.......

The man does not live who is more devoted to peace than I am. None who would do more to preserve it. But it may be necessary to put the foot down firmly.
President Abraham Lincoln --February 21, 1861 Address at the New Jersey General Assembly

The best political argument against this might be 'Prohibition'. We could be saying: "Whatever you feel about guns, we have the examples of Prohibition and the failed War on Drugs to show what happens when bans are used to try to change social problems. Remember when we used to throw pot smokers in jail in Oregon?"

The III%ers are sure sounding better... At least you know who is standing with you.
Even forming smaller civil militias would be a good idea, Oregon politicians won't even fund the Oregon Defense Force, Oregon's Constitutionally required Militia, that's as treasonous as it gets. The constitution isn't a suggestion for politicians to look at and say oh we can skip that part.... Bunch of criminals.

The III%ers are sure sounding better... At least you know who is standing with you.
Even forming smaller civil militias would be a good idea, Oregon politicians won't even fund the Oregon Defense Force, Oregon's Constitutionally required Militia, that's as treasonous as it gets. The constitution isn't a suggestion for politicians to look at and say oh we can skip that part.... Bunch of criminals.

Its a good idea.

A militia doesn't necessarily have to be a bunch of dudes running around in the woods...

Maybe just a like minded group of people who support the Constitution in whatever way is required. Sure you can run around in your BDUs and do that whole bit..... but participate in public events, hold rallies...... sponsor a roadside cleanup.... put a public face on it.

The Second Amendment recognizes our right to bear arms but also the necessity of civilian militia ... you may be on to something.

All of the above.

Do whatever you are able to do. Some of the PR needed to defeat this is out of our hands of course. Though no one is going to spend the advertising $$$ here against it. So people will only hear one side of the story.

A rally? Sounds good.

Distribute flyers at gun shows, outdoor shows, gun shops, gunsmiths, etc.
Make sure that at least every gun owner knows the full extent of this proposed initiative. Even the Fudds will have to take notice of how far it reaches.

We need to monitor and challenge the signature collecting process... This should be #1.
Groups like OFF should be front and center of that.
If they aren't, and time is running out, call them and tell them you expect a fight... Otherwise your continued membership with them is useless & they should change their logo to a Hawken or something..... Because that's all you guys will have down there soon enough
Well, I'm making signs and preparing to show up either in Eugene or Salem. I think Salem will get more coverage, if they media covers it at all. I've been hounding all the networks for that fair and balanced crap they always brag about.
Letters to the editor of papers, blogs on media sites, etc.
OFF hasn't said much about this at all, that disturbs me.

Its a good idea.

A militia doesn't necessarily have to be a bunch of dudes running around in the woods...

Maybe just a like minded group of people who support the Constitution in whatever way is required. Sure you can run around in your BDUs and do that whole bit..... but participate in public events, hold rallies...... sponsor a roadside cleanup.... put a public face on it.

The Second Amendment recognizes our right to bear arms but also the necessity of civilian militia ... you may be on to something.
Forming a "blackrifle coffee club"?
SIGN ME UP!!

In light of the recent news and the agenda of our lovely communist progressive c**t face governor Kate "if its brown flush it down" Brown. IF the assault weapons ban goes through I have a question?

I WOULD ask "how many of you are going to "sell" your rifles and mags to uncle sam? But I know this is a dumb question that we all know the answer to. Out of 100 gun owners I can guess only 3 to 4 are going to be square enough, scared enough and dumb enough to sell (turn in) their sacred prized possessions. So my real question is the following> OF COURSE THIS IS "HYPOTHETICAL"

Where and how are you going to get lead through the barrel? Out of state? Deep deep in the woods? Or are you just going to bury your stuff and report it "stolen" only to be dug up in an "emergency".

DISCUSS........

I understand that the question posted above is hypothetical...
That said this is a open forum:
Lots of different people stop by to read from time to time...
Plus it is not wise to discuss actions that may be just this side of legal... or illegal and have a record of those discussions...
Be careful folks in what you say here...
Andy

Call a Duty in the basement for the win! lulz
One of my students has Call Of Duty Panama and Call of Duty Somalia ....
He asked , if I ever played those before....
And I said : "Yes twice...Once in 1989 and once again in 1993...."
Luckily he caught on to what I was saying and we had a great conversation 'bout how real life and combat is not like a video game....
Andy

What guns? What is he talking about? Wait a second... you mean this isn't Northwest Bracelet Charms? Whoa. I was way off. You guys....

One of my students has Call Of Duty Panama and Call of Duty Somalia ....
He asked , if I ever played those before....
And I said : "Yes twice...Once in 1989 and once again in 1993...."
Luckily he caught on to what I was saying and we had a great conversation 'bout how real life and combat is not like a video game....
Andy

I used to work with a guy that was in Panama too - though his stories almost always were based around making copious amounts of 'jungle juice' and how they had to work out the logistics with the flyboys to get all the ingredients ;)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top