JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am angry of course and my post show it. I don't think folks fought hard enough to stop 941 and now 941 will be the records they use to steal our guns. I guess folks will pay for that now and we are all going to ride the same horse. Does anyone have a list of the guns they are going to ban this time? I say this time because it's just the start and none of your guns are safe once a precedent is set by allowing guns to be banned.

Oregon gun owners are going to need to get Organized. We are gonna need to mobilize our voting base. You can't simply keep running. That's not the American way and it's not what so many have sacrificed their lives for. We are going to need an army of volunteers to get out there and educate Oregonians about their God given rights. We are going to need these volunteers to take people to the polls. We are going to fight back using the same dirty tactics the Left uses. This isn't a game anymore...

I don't necessarily disagree with the second part of your post, but wasn't 941 rectally inserted via emergency clause? What could the citizens really do to stop it? There wasn't a vote.

I don't necessarily disagree with the second part of your post, but wasn't 941 rectally inserted via emergency clause? What could the citizens really do to stop it? There wasn't a vote.
Democrats forced 941 on us, if you voted for a democrat you allowed it to happen. Whats' stopping them from doing the ban the same way is they fear getting voted out in an election. What could have been done is everyone calling the reps and telling them they will be voted out then vote them out. How many got voted out the next election after 941 was shoved down our throats? People didnt' care enough then and now it's going to hurt.

So all semi autos are going, is that right? Tube fed, clip fed, little six shot target pistols? Does it make a difference if your plan is to move out of state? How about parts for these guns, is it a felony to own parts of semi autos?

I am only a few years away from retirement and planed to move for tax reasons anyway. WA will follow Oregon on this nonsense, so I am looking at Northern Nevada as a possibility. No state income tax. Oregon taxes pensions and 401k distributions @ 9.9%. However for the time I am here, I will register mine if the law passes. I am not willing to risk a felony charge. Nope, not worth it.

I am only a few years away from retirement and planed to move for tax reasons anyway. WA will follow Oregon on this nonsense, so I am looking at Northern Nevada as a possibility. No state income tax. Oregon taxes pensions and 401k distributions @ 9.9%. However for the time I am here, I will register mine if the law passes. I am not willing to risk a felony charge. Nope, not worth it.

I like to make jokes about this but I would not risk it either. If they pass something like this here I would just have to get rid of the mags and or guns. One kid is living in ID so it would be worth it to me to head out there with them, buy another safe and install it in her house until we move. It's to me like this stupid law about selling guns through an FFL. I keep hearing no agency is looking to bust anyone for this and that many are still selling face to face. That does not mean I will. To me it's just not worth the risk of a huge hassle. All I can hope for is the more they push maybe enough gun people will wake from slumber and start voting out some of the people doing this.

So all semi autos are going, is that right? Tube fed, clip fed, little six shot target pistols? Does it make a difference if your plan is to move out of state? How about parts for these guns, is it a felony to own parts of semi autos?

No one can do anything more than make wild guesses at this point. The bottom line is the left wants to take all guns from the common people. They know they can't yet so they take a bite at a time. If this latest does become law no one has a clue yet how it will end up being written. Will just have to wait and see what happens.

The voters of OR put the woman who did it in office by choice. Many of the gun owners of that state voted for her. This is what I keep saying is the real problem. There was another choice in that election. A lot of gun owners decided he was not perfect enough so they voted for Kate.

Nevada is filling up with kali folks just like Oregon, run to Nevada and you will run again before long. Same with Arizona, that is an immigrant state and it will become a government of immigrants that won't let you have guns. Oregon has proven once the state gets too many immigrants it goes commie and that' why its' turned to a sanctuary state.

Pick a state that's a free state or you will move again in a few years as Bloomberg spends more money buying political folks that will sell your rights.

We are going to fight back using the same dirty tactics the Left uses.
Lets hear about some of those 'dirty tactics' and how they will be used.
Until the left/antis are turned on the defensive and stand to loose something of major value to them there is little chance of them letting down. As I have said before nothing to loose is a very powerful weapon and the left/antis are well armed.......

Let me start off by saying that I didn't and wouldn't ever vote for that treasonous POS. Really, she fell into that position through the corruption of her predecessor and simply manged to keep it by just not pissing 51% of the voters off. She didn't win it but it's hers to lose. People are generally lazy and selfish, so if their lives aren't directly negatively impacted, they are likely to just keep the status quo. I'm not defending or condemning the voters, that's just how the election played out. Even if 43 goes all the way, I'll be surprised if there are any lasting political consequences.
So to answer the question posed in the thread title, what are the options? Comply, don't comply, or move. I already chose option 3 last year. My decision was based on several things but the loss of gun freedoms in that state ranked pretty high. Oregon is still a beautiful state but it's infested and I don't want to live like that. And before someone jumps in and says, "Well, Idaho is next", we'll just see about that. The last 2 years has given us constitutional carry and stand your ground.
FWIW, if I was still in Oregon I wouldn't be turning in or registering a GD thing.

The voters of OR put the woman who did it in office by choice. Many of the gun owners of that state voted for her. This is what I keep saying is the real problem. There was another choice in that election. A lot of gun owners decided he was not perfect enough so they voted for Kate.

Its true, gun owners voted for Kate and now they reap what they sow. Its' fitting they suffer too if they make us suffer. They may think they can hide their stuff but it's too late now because people out there know you own it and will rat you out. If you bought after 8/9/15 then you will be held accountable for what you bought and you better have proof you no longer own it. You can say you don't but without proof they can legally come to your house looking for it because it's a felony to own it.

You Kate voters like that you may have voted yourself, friends or realitIives into being felons? Do you like you have driven friends and neighbors out of the state? Was it worth it?:D

Edited to add I am not calling you a Kate voter Alex, just talking to those who did.

"Lets hear about some of those 'dirty tactics' and how they will be used.
Until the left/antis are turned on the defensive and stand to loose something of major value to them there is little chance of them letting down. As I have said before nothing to loose is a very powerful weapon and the left/antis are well armed......."
One thing we can do is study their tactics. Read their bible, Rules for Radicals, by Saul Alinsky. We need to learn how to shame them. We need to attack Collectivism. We need to attack Identity Politics. We need to boycott their institutions and businesses. We need to de-fund them.

We need to inundate them with calls, emails, letter, protests. The Left has spent the last 10 years attacking police. We need them on our side. They need them to affirm their oaths to the Constitution. This is a fight for survival in more ways than one.

Honestly the Democratic party needs to be targeted as a whole. We have more than enough evidence to indict many D politicians for sedition. The swamp exists in Oregon too. We need the Attorney General to go after corrupt swamp dwellers. There are many more things to be said but i have some work to do...

I agree we 'need' to do a lot of things - but the fact remains THEY have the money, support and the power base - AND don't forget nothing to loose.
Start by studying this one tactic - how did the left manage to, in about 20 years or less, manage to create such an anti-gun movement to the degree they have when we have had over 200 years of mostly unbridled gun freedoms?

"Lets hear about some of those 'dirty tactics' and how they will be used.
Until the left/antis are turned on the defensive and stand to loose something of major value to them there is little chance of them letting down. As I have said before nothing to loose is a very powerful weapon and the left/antis are well armed......."
One thing we can do is study their tactics. Read their bible, Rules for Radicals, by Saul Alinsky. We need to learn how to shame them. We need to attack Collectivism. We need to attack Identity Politics. We need to boycott their institutions and businesses. We need to de-fund them.

We need to inundate them with calls, emails, letter, protests. The Left has spent the last 10 years attacking police. We need them on our side. They need them to affirm their oaths to the Constitution. This is a fight for survival in more ways than one.

Honestly the Democratic party needs to be targeted as a whole. We have more than enough evidence to indict many D politicians for sedition. The swamp exists in Oregon too. We need the Attorney General to go after corrupt swamp dwellers. There are many more things to be said but i have some work to do...

I won't be here because I won't live in a commie state but the ones that stay need to learn the democrat strategy of resist. Be legal in all you do and never break the laws but resist. Cost the state money to keep their power down by using state resources when ever you can even if you dont' need them. Use Alenski on democrat governments, watch them, spy on them, report them to other agencies and make it cost.

Turn in speeders in state rigs, record waste of state money and turn it over to the news, be a good citizen.:D Watch close to see what agency like the EPA you can turn the state into, call ICE and report.

I have a funny feeling if it passes in November there will be allot of boat accidents in December.:rolleyes:

I also see AR & AK going for crazy money in December for those that will be complying with the results if it passes. There are other implications but this is a open forum

first time poster, I have never vote for anyone that has run for the party of slavery. second if this get pass I am not turning in my guns and I refuse to go quietly into the night. if this come about I for one will make a stand! if this come about since I will be a felon I say let brake more laws. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top