JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've always been concealed carrying revolver guy so I don't see much change for me just to be honest.

3D6AB4CB-BECA-4071-8CF3-0C1C4E929B23.png

Not until this bill does nothing to reduce the number of shootings, which it won't. At which point it will be obvious to everyone that cares about the children that some other kind of firearm is to blame. Rinse, lather and repeat, and sooner or later they will get around to a common sense solution that includes your little round thing. If you think I'm wrong that's all the proof I need to tell that YOU don't care about the children. ;)
Yea I hear ya. You're preaching to the choir here, bub.
This thread is pretty much a bait/troll fest and'll devolve into a dick waving contest that will mean nothing when the flag actually flies.

I would think that if no one recognized the law it could not easily be enforced but that would require solidarity amongst owners. Just a thought.

If you want a snap shot into what compliance would look like, do a search on compliance rates for New York's SAFE Act. Even five years after enactment, non compliance in New York is still estimated to be in the low to mid 90% range.

E

Last Edited:
I love the PNW, but don't see myself staying here if they pass such stupid laws. Why give criminals 9% of your pay?
I have a job where I literally can live anywhere -- what keeps me from moving to ID, MT, NV or WY is my kids are still in High School.

We're all ready relocated out of OryGun, just visiting long term. As long as Colorado dosnt go full stupid, were fine. If this goes national, it's not going to matter. And like the old saw, cold dead hands!
Nah, CO has only gone 1/2 stupid at this point, prompting Magpul to move.

Look at the compliance factor on the east coast....

Nothing happened. Toothless lions.

Anything I have that might be affected is in a trust with the beneficiary being my 3 yo daughter. That would give us many years before those items would have to legally change hands. That would require compliance with registration if the trustees and guns remain in Oregon, but the trustees and the guns can be out of state if necessary. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

I wounder how we are going to register our rifles & pistols within 180 days? FFLs or the State.....ugh. Hard to believe my Pre 90 ban M14NM is now going to be classified an assault rifle, idiots.

Last Edited:
Ahh shucks, I just sold all my semi auto rifles and pistols. All I have left is revolvers and lever action rifles. I guess I won't have to worry about registering or turning in anything.:cool::cool::cool::rolleyes:;)

If it all does go south, I have B.P. arms that are still as effective as they were over 160+ years ago! And a darn fair bit more powerful then a lot of modern arms! While not as fast to load or reload, that's what practice and supplies are for! Long before we had these fancy semi auto arms and these modern self contained cartridges, there was Black Powder, and it's going to be all the rage soon! @AndyinEverson would agree, when that's all that's left, it's a damn sight better then nuffin!:D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top