JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sheriff's are elected. They are not appointed like police chiefs. This was one of the checks and balances created years ago to isolate the rural people from city politics. Many sheriff offices have announced they will not enforce any new gun laws that they feel the citizens would not tolerate.

If it passes then I'm trying to get out of this state asap, before it can turn into california2.

I have already just sold our house, found another in Idaho, will be moving in a matter of weeks. Yeah, I've heard "oh, your only giving the enemy more power by retreating", but I'm also giving a more conservative state more power by moving there.

I have already just sold our house, found another in Idaho, will be moving in a matter of weeks. Yeah, I've heard "oh, your only giving the enemy more power by retreating", but I'm also giving a more conservative state more power by moving there.
Those people who say that are the same people staying in california as it continues to decline,I think it is wise to leave while you can see the storm forming in the distance.

Run Forrest Run....

Yup, I'm running. I don't want to give any more of my tax money to this communist leaning, Boquisted, sanctuary state. Writing is on the wall, Oregon is going to enjoy four more years Sorros supported Brown fella.
Those people who say that are the same people staying in california as it continues to decline,I think it is wise to leave while you can see the storm forming in the distance.

Yeah and FYI, the real estate market in Idaho is crazy with houses getting offers for more than the asking price in some areas. In fact, if your interested in a home, better make an offer because many don't last long. It seems there are a lot of people seeing the storm forming and getting out of their respective states.

Once again for those hightailing it -- if you think that Idaho (or anyplace left) will not be under attack, you are like the ostrich with your head in the sand while a wildfire races up and encircles you. Better to stand and fight now.
Oh like they did in california to fight the capacity bans or micro stamping or the bullet button?
What kind of fight involves letting those things happen?
I'd rather be where we will actually fight for our rights not just take it sitting down like california or new york, enough is enough.

How and where do you intend to "fight for our rights" now that enough is enough?

43 may not make it on the ballot, it looks like it will take a corrupt court decision for it to reach a spot on the ballot. Too many people challenging the title so under normal law 43 can't make it. However we do have a court system that allows a secret police status that they can kill a citizen without the identity of the cop being known.

Just opinion if you are going to fight then fight to win, Custer found out its to late when you are totally surrounded by the enemy. Picking your own ground, your own time and place should you choose to stand but realize it's a stand on your own. If you need help then you should never have started.

Lots of people say you are running away and stand your ground but those folks never say they will put the lives of their families at risk to stand with you. A good man counsels war at your side, not from the net when they have nothing to lose.
Yes I will move and pick better ground with like minded people who love liberty.

A post on another thread said that it was too easy to get measures on the ballot. I'd agree.

Colts4me: "43 may not make it on the ballot, it looks like it will take a corrupt court decision for it to reach a spot on the ballot...."

I'd say we have plenty of corrupt courts in this state.

Tuesday as I filled out my ballot, it was difficult - my vote was not informed on many candidate positions. Many partisan candidates, and nearly all non-partisan ones, said little or nothing about the issues either in the ballot statement or on their website. All candidates, for all offices, local, federal or state, may run for higher office in the future. We need to know where these people stand on the issues. I want to know a judges, or metro bureaucrats' position on gun control, assault weapons, civil asset forfeiture, concealed carry, CC reciprocity, presidential travel bans, sanctuary jurisdictions, border wall, abortion, and on and on. I would like to see a ballot initiative that requires every person running for election at any level (including HOA?) to fill out a questionnaire on the issues. The questions would be yes or no, fill in the oval; and every question would require an answer or else they are disqualified from running. Every questionnaire would be available in one location on the internet, just click the candidate name to see their answers.

Thoughts?

Just opinion if you are going to fight then fight to win,

Sheer genius there... but if it comes to it, "winning" might entail losing one's life. If it comes down to it and confiscation is the order of the day, I will not give up my weapons -- no matter what. Admittedly I am turning 64 and am retired military so I have already spent a lifetime in the service of my country where I signed a blank check to pay upon demand up to and including my life. I feel that giving my life in defense of the 2nd amendment would be also in service to my country. It will take people to make the ultimate sacrifice to wake up the masses to the cost of wiping away the 2nd amendment. I am not saying that I would go out in a blaze of glory (1. I don't have mall ninja fantasies and 2. I respect life above all things.) but it will take force to make me relinquish my arms. Very few things are worth dying for but without the 2nd amendment, our freedoms are worthless.

The ballots are rigged in favor of an incumbent but when you do get choices all you have is a net search on the people running to figure out where they stand. I use the red flag system. When they say "this person was appointed to fill the seat by Kate Brown" that's a red flag.:D It's easy to use the net to look people up but people just dont' care to do a proper job of voting. It's not their fault because the ballots are rigged to make you not care.

Sheer genius there... but if it comes to it, "winning" might entail losing one's life. If it comes down to it and confiscation is the order of the day, I will not give up my weapons -- no matter what. Admittedly I am turning 64 and am retired military so I have already spent a lifetime in the service of my country where I signed a blank check to pay upon demand up to and including my life. I feel that giving my life in defense of the 2nd amendment would be also in service to my country. It will take people to make the ultimate sacrifice to wake up the masses to the cost of wiping away the 2nd amendment. I am not saying that I would go out in a blaze of glory (1. I don't have mall ninja fantasies and 2. I respect life above all things.) but it will take force to make me relinquish my arms. Very few things are worth dying for but without the 2nd amendment, our freedoms are worthless.

I respect your stand, at 66 I am in your age group and know some of where you are comming from. While you may know what you would be dieing for the media would paint you as a terrorist and use your actions to take more guns. Finicum was just like you and willing to die for the right thing. He was ambushed and murdered and his name ruined and all he worked for gone. Not a soul went down with him but 9 informants were there to egg him on.

A man on the net that counsels violence can't be trusted because he has nothing to lose by telling you to go out and get yourself killed. A good counsel is how to regroup and build a defensive stand against further erosian.

In my opinion people trap themselves into decisions. Years ago I was screwed by the government and the spotted owl. I was broke from medical bills, no job because they killed the economy and my wife pregnant. The choices I had were limited. Today knowing full well government will screw you by forcing changes like gun control I have my feathers numbered for just such an occasion. I saved money knowing government would do this and I can move because I did. Kali was a prime example to learn from.
My counsel is take your values and put them to use on the young mind that have not received indoctrination to accept the commies. Don't die for the 2nd amendment, build it up and support it. Your death helps no one.

They say a democrat votes from his heart but a Republican votes with his brain. Lacking any knowledge and voting from an ignorant position people will use the only thing they have and that's their hearts. Democrats are not generally evil, just stupid and ignorant. Some are not stupid and can be educated but so many cannot. Our enemy is ignorance. Not educating the general population about freedom and the history of our nation and why we have these freedoms. The schools teach little about that because they are infiltrated with liberals who control that information. Those are the evil ones who connive and plot against freedom and the American way of life. They are the lost ones we cannot save.

I respect your stand, at 66 I am in your age group and know some of where you are comming from. While you may know what you would be dieing for the media would paint you as a terrorist and use your actions to take more guns. Finicum was just like you and willing to die for the right thing. He was ambushed and murdered and his name ruined and all he worked for gone. Not a soul went down with him but 9 informants were there to egg him on.

A man on the net that counsels violence can't be trusted because he has nothing to lose by telling you to go out and get yourself killed. A good counsel is how to regroup and build a defensive stand against further erosian.

In my opinion people trap themselves into decisions. Years ago I was screwed by the government and the spotted owl. I was broke from medical bills, no job because they killed the economy and my wife pregnant. The choices I had were limited. Today knowing full well government will screw you by forcing changes like gun control I have my feathers numbered for just such an occasion. I saved money knowing government would do this and I can move because I did. Kali was a prime example to learn from.
My counsel is take your values and put them to use on the young mind that have not received indoctrination to accept the commies. Don't die for the 2nd amendment, build it up and support it. Your death helps no one.

My last statement above was made under the future conditions of forced confiscation. The last act in the destruction of our freedoms. I suspect I would not be the only one (of tens, hundreds, thousands???) who would draw their line in the sand at that point. I do not want to die but I will resist. I will not hurt others but I will resist to my utmost. There will not be enough jails and prisons to hold the likes of me.

How and where do you intend to "fight for our rights" now that enough is enough?

Bingo.

I am always curious as to where the line in the sand is. How many states will you be chased out of before you decide enough is enough? At least here, our laws aren't quite as bad as in other states. We have an opportunity to catch it early before we reach the point of no return like California.

The end game is national destruction of the Second Amendment and the Bloomberg goons are doing it state by state. Moving might buy some time but it isn't a permanent fix. Eventually, there will be nowhere else to run and then we have the monumental task of holding off the infection that has taken over the rest of the country.

Bingo.

I am always curious as to where the line in the sand is. How many states will you be chased out of before you decide enough is enough? At least here, our laws aren't quite as bad as in other states. We have an opportunity to catch it early before we reach the point of no return like California.

The end game is national destruction of the Second Amendment and the Bloomberg goons are doing it state by state. Moving might buy some time but it isn't a permanent fix. Eventually, there will be nowhere else to run and then we have the monumental task of holding off the infection that has taken over the rest of the country.

So what do you suggest?o_O

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads