JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No joke! The big anti-gun guy, so fixed on banning imaginary guns in video games busted for working with the f-ing Triad? Seriously? Is he the villain in a Rush Hour movie?

And to add insult to injury this guy only got 5 years in prison. 5 years, any of us lowly subjects would have done the same thing we would be in for 25 to life. This is where the problem is, they are above the law and only get a slap on the wrist if caught.:mad:

And that list is crazy... even handguns are on it.
When did handguns become an assault weapon??
So if it passes then all of the guns on the extremely vague list must be registered/turned in or destroyed?? Even if you own them legally and went through a BGC to buy them at the time??

I doubt they will have trouble getting those signatures in time.

Who came up with that list of what defines an assault weapon does anyone know?

Almost all semi automatic rifles, and pistols can use magazines with more than a 10 round capacity.
And wow i love the part how they added a bayonet mount or grenade launcher.... So that adds so many many more guns to the list even relics like ww 1 and 2 rifles??

whats amazing to me is that some people, like the petitioners of this latest anti freedom ballot initiative, think they have the right and the authority to dictate to me what I need to defend my family. What kind of gun I need, how many bullets I need, how long the barrel can be, what shape the grip can be, etc.. What if multiple armed burglars/assailants come to your home, which they do, I was just reading an article the other day, 3 armed burglars. Not to mention, the main thing about bearing arms is to keep tyranny in check. Blew me a away when I saw a rabbi was a petitioner on this thing, I figured for sure they would be on our side and when I read a quote by the guy about the important parts of the 2nd amendment, he said hunting, and self defense (of course only with the tools he personally deems nessesary) no mention of the main point which is to keep tyranny in check. Because lets be clear they only thing that keeps it in check is knowing that the people can bite back.

Not until this bill does nothing to reduce the number of shootings, which it won't. At which point it will be obvious to everyone that cares about the children that some other kind of firearm is to blame. Rinse, lather and repeat, and sooner or later they will get around to a common sense solution that includes your little round thing. If you think I'm wrong that's all the proof I need to tell that YOU don't care about the children. ;)
The fact that a gun control law doesn't accomplish its stated goals never seems to be cause to eliminate it. I think the real object is just to make it harder and harder to buy, own, or use guns at all, with completely disarming the general public the real goal.

My dad was military, and during the years he was stationed in New york, we hid the handguns, and a 30 30 Winchester model 94 lever action became the home defense gun. I much prefer a hand gun for self defense. A long gun isn't much use if you get attacked in bed. I prefer revolvers anyway. But even those who prefer pistols might want to get a a self defense revolver, as it is the least likely handgun to be banned. And having a non semi auto long gun suitable for self defense in case all handguns get banned is also starting to sound more and more appealing. The 2 home invasions I've experienced could have been dealt with just as well with a long gun. A situation where I accidentally interrupted a burglar and he dropped the loot and charged me required a handgun. I simply would not have had a long gun with me. No shots fired, incidentally. Would be attackers all fled when faced with a gun.

Democrats forced 941 on us, if you voted for a democrat you allowed it to happen. Whats' stopping them from doing the ban the same way is they fear getting voted out in an election. What could have been done is everyone calling the reps and telling them they will be voted out then vote them out. How many got voted out the next election after 941 was shoved down our throats? People didnt' care enough then and now it's going to hurt.

Personally, I almost always vote 3d party liking neither Dems nor Republicans in general, but the list of Republican Governors signing new gun control legislation should be illuminating if you think voting Republican is a safe bet:

The problem is that most lobby groups work by stating the worst case and so in turn members rinse and repeat.
I do think at some point the goal is to remove firearms from personal ownership, but yes as you point out for 20 years or more we say they are taking our gun. My strong opinion is they are not taking our guns as much as they " DID " take away civil rights, but do a search and you find zip that is because average gun owners who signs up with a lobby doesn't realize that lobbys grow leaps and bounds claiming the world is ending every year,they wont say civil rights because it might actually solve something. Its not a popular thought but Gun lobbyist do great the worst the panic is that not being rude its the truth, so trusting they will do everything needed I don't buy it and have not.

The difference now is that we can no longer count on the rule of law to protect our rights!! That is one of the reasons I think gun owners have sat on their thumbs for decades: we can fall back on "shall not be infringed"! This has changed dramatically in the recent climate of mass shootings. The Judge (?) in Mass decried "assault weapons" are "outside the scope of the 2nd Amendment. We can no longer depend on the Bill of Rights, and must now develop our own political power!

as long as gun owners bubblegum about OC or CC or who should or should not OC or CC
As long as we stay in the argument over what we should or should not do, we will loose.
as far as the OP "So what are the options if Initiative Petition 43 goes through" I have my rights that can not be taken away unless by force! I will exercise those rights until that time.

But they are erasing those rights with bills like this.... bill by bill.
If they keep at it our rights that the second amendment guarantee will be severely controlled or hell maybe even erased.

But they are erasing those rights with bills like this.... bill by bill.
If they keep at it our rights that the second amendment guarantee will be severely controlled or hell maybe even erased.
yup because we keep electing them or trying to find the lessor of two evils instead of saying NO MORE Sic semper tyrannis.
mind you not the JWB kind but the kind in the declaration of independence and I quote
" That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness." what principles you may ask "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.?
all we have left is life, we do not have liberty and we can not pursue happiness unless it is the kind other people or the government allow.

Man cannot legislate away God given rights. Period... If a law is unjust or unconstitutional, we have no obligation to abided by it, but rather we are to ignore it, the founding fathers understood this.

We must start taking the offensive, getting the truth out, facts like in 2016, the last year the federal government has numbers compiled for, exactly .00000115 of 1% of the population was shot with a rifle of any type... think about that for a moment. More people die at the hand of a drunk driver, opioids, medical mistakes and second hand smoke than die at the end of a rifle barrel... That's a statistical fact...

These are the facts our opposition wants to hide, they want this to be an emotional battle. It needs to be a factual and statistical battle.

When we can get that message out and get the true facts discussed honestly and openly, when the eyes and ears of the average citizen hear and understand these truths, perhaps our opponents will be exposed for the fraud they are.

to the anti gunner "do you condone and support murder?"
A new report from Florida State University researcher Gary Kleck reveals that in the late 1990s the CDC suppressed the results of a "high-quality telephone survey" indicating that in an average year 2.23 million Americans used a firearm to defend themselves or their families." if those people did not have guns how many more would have been murdered? numbers you want numbers?
you cant handle the numbers...

What are you seriously going to do? Tell them pry it from your dead fingers. Ya, sure. Bury them. Got a secure spot not in your back yard? Boating accident. Get real. I've got kids in free states that will be getting the inheritance early. They are getting them anyway, and I can always visit to go shooting.
Nothing. States that have passed similar laws have seen a very low compliance rate. I think in New York state they have 5% compliance rate. I live in a county where people live in the middle of a forest and hour from the sheriffs office. These ambiguous laws can categorize a .22 pistol as an assault weapon. I have a feeling my sheriff will not travel an hour to remove a .22 pistol from someone who lives in Myst.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top