JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If Washington pushes through strict gun laws you won't find me moving to Idaho of all places. I'll find a job on the Gulf Coast and I'll buy my retirement digs early. I do have a recruiter from Port St Lucie , Florida calling and leaving messages....hmmmm.... Only problem with Florida being that it is populated by Yankees who are a lot like Californians..

Already passed every background check one could have, so in my mind there is nothing else to do .. cleared to purchase and own anything; certainly not turn in anything I've purchased without receiving fair market value for it.
So, just sit tight and wait for all the appeals etc to run their course.
No other logical course to follow really.

Already passed every background check one could have, so in my mind there is nothing else to do .. cleared to purchase and own anything; certainly not turn in anything I've purchased without receiving fair market value for it.
Fully agree!

what is the fair market value of giving up your right to protect your home and family? Price of the firearms plus the cost of a armed security detail to replace them?

I did not receive any fair market value for my hobby when Oregon killed the the C&R FFL or even a refund of my license fee. I got a big FU from Prozanski. That was my compensation for following all the rules.

what is the fair market value of giving up your right to protect your home and family? Price of the firearms plus the cost of a armed security detail to replace them?

I did not receive any fair market value for my hobby when Oregon killed the the C&R FFL or even a refund of my license fee. I got a big FU from Prozanski. That was my compensation for following all the rules.
Which is why "new laws" get the big FU from us ... not giving up anything to anyone without fair market value received. Hear that, Feds ... ? That was "FU!!"

This scenario has played itself out in many countries over the last 100 years or so. It always ends in a revolt or social/economic collapse. Many people injured and political upheaval. I pray that this one plays out differently.

Last 100 years? More like, since man walked upright. My ancestors lost a war over religion with the King of Bohemia in 1621. Were beheaded in the town square, lost all their wealth and property, even forced to change their name. There are still monuments to them, honoring them as freedom fighters, and yearly, to this day, they are remembered, and celebrated. (One of the sons regained some wealth and status by defending Vienna from the Ottoman Turks.) You can pray all you want, but will happen again, and again, until man is no longer relevant here. Choice is yours, to be freeman, or zombie.

Well, here we go. One suspected unidentified potential violation during self registration on one item makes all the others illegal for him to possess and results in charges filed for ALL OF THEM.

Don't think Oregon will be any different and you won't be subject to this type of entrapment and domino effect of charges. I won't register an effing thing. If this passes I'm moving my affected firearms and other items out of state.

California Man Hit with 12 Felony Charges after Registering AR-15 Online - GunsAmerica Digest

"A prominent member of Bakersfield, California, has been accused of 12 felony gun charges after the Department of Justice raided his home last month, according to local media. Law enforcement justified the raid using images the man had uploaded to the California Firearms Application Reporting System in an attempt to comply with the state's new registration requirements.

The California DOJ claims that the rifle Jeffrey Scott Kirschenmann tried to register was "illegally modified," though they haven't said how. Kirschenmann has been charged with nine counts of assault weapon possession, two counts of silencer possession, and one count of possessing a "multiburst trigger activator." ..." MORE AT LINK​

Well, here we go. One suspected unidentified potential violation during self registration on one item makes all the others illegal for him to possess and results in charges filed for ALL OF THEM.

Don't think Oregon will be any different and you won't be subject to this type of entrapment and domino effect of charges. I won't register an effing thing. If this passes I'm moving my affected firearms and other items out of state.

California Man Hit with 12 Felony Charges after Registering AR-15 Online - GunsAmerica Digest

"A prominent member of Bakersfield, California, has been accused of 12 felony gun charges after the Department of Justice raided his home last month, according to local media. Law enforcement justified the raid using images the man had uploaded to the California Firearms Application Reporting System in an attempt to comply with the state's new registration requirements.

The California DOJ claims that the rifle Jeffrey Scott Kirschenmann tried to register was "illegally modified," though they haven't said how. Kirschenmann has been charged with nine counts of assault weapon possession, two counts of silencer possession, and one count of possessing a "multiburst trigger activator." ..." MORE AT LINK​

So he tries to register an obviously illegal weapon , they find a slew of other patently illegal weapons including multiple state and Federal NFA violations and devices and that is enough to make the guy the poster child for government abuse? The NRA sent me that link too and I had to face palm.

I have already just sold our house, found another in Idaho, will be moving in a matter of weeks. Yeah, I've heard "oh, your only giving the enemy more power by retreating", but I'm also giving a more conservative state more power by moving there.
I can't wait to get out of this state. It's by far the highest taxed and worst ran state I have ever lived in. Our court of appeals justices are certifiably retarded I'm sure.

If one does not post any images, nor admit/hint at owning a prohibited must-register item then it cannot be used against you in theory. The concept of civil disobedience is well-embedded in law in our society, as is jury nullification.

If Washington pushes through strict gun laws you won't find me moving to Idaho of all places. I'll find a job on the Gulf Coast and I'll buy my retirement digs early. I do have a recruiter from Port St Lucie , Florida calling and leaving messages....hmmmm.... Only problem with Florida being that it is populated by Yankees who are a lot like Californians..

Why not Idaho?
If want to live on the Gulf Coast I'd consider Alabama before Florida. Get some property a little higher above sea level, and not right on the coast to avoid the worst of hurricane damage. Scroll down to the chart at the bottom, on the right side and check out states that tend to vote "Much more Republican":

Presidential Election Results: Donald J. Trump Wins

EDIT: I know Idaho has already done so, probably others, but all states with total R control need to pass laws, constitutional amendments, etc that make new gun regulations impossible in the future - including from the Feds. Texas is a good example - all states are moving left because the antis are abandoning the blue states and moving to red states, and they are taking their anti politics with them. So, if the red states don't put in iron clad gun protections now, they will eventually be sorry. Fact is, they should prohibit antis from moving into their states! I would recommend that all red states put into the constitution electoral college type voting for new laws, so that the rural districts get the same voting power as the urban ones.

Last Edited:
Why not Idaho?

I wouldnt live anywhere that far inland. I like moderate winter weather and Ive spent a lot of time visiting my oldest son when he was stationed there and hated it. If you like that sort of living good for you. Not everyone does.

I grew up in the south and it doesnt scare me. Alabama or the Florida panhandle, South Carolina, Even some parts of Louisiana . Possibly Texas. If it got to the point where the gun thing became unworkable on the west coast I'd be out. Ive had several good offers in California over the years I'd never take a position down there. If this place turned into California I'm gone.

I do get it about the milder winter weather. Can't argue with that, except that most of Idaho probably gets a lot more sun than we do west of the Cascades. You'll pay the price in the summer down south or anywhere east of the Rocky Mountains, but you get used to it as you know. Things I don't like back east are: not much public land, fewer mountains, more bugs, more snakes, gators, tornadoes and hurricanes, and wall to wall people.

Last Edited:
I do get it about the milder winter weather. Can't argue with that, except that most of Idaho probably gets a lot more sun than we do west of the Cascades. You'll pay the price in the summer down south or anywhere east of the Rocky Mountains, but you get used to it as you know. Things I don't like back east are: not much public land, fewer mountains, more bugs, more snakes, gators, tornadoes and hurricanes, and wall to wall people.

I lived in Eastern Idaho for a while. Winters measured colder, but with little humidity didn't seem much colder, if at all, Than Portland. I wore my heavy coat exactly once there, I've worn it several times here. IMO colder but dry > less cold and wet. Skies were also usually blue unlike months of battleship gray. The snow was powder, you still had to shovel it, but nothing like the wet slog you get when it snows out this way. Yo do shovel it more often.

Options if IP 43 passes:

- move away from Oregon
- stay and fight the good fight
- don't comply
- do Patriot stuff in Salem
- shift to 7 & 8 round .357 revolvers
(Because nothing blows a progressives mind quite like a "high capacity revolver")

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top