JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My bad. Of all the available quotes to make my point I probably shouldn't have chosen yours but I did point out it wasn't an attack, just a trend I see but don't agree with.

I get it that lesser expensive guns usually perform bellow more expensive guns. That is a given, but it doesn't make them a poor choice if they are safe, reliable and accurate. Yes a car with leather seats maybe more comfortable than the same car without, but is it better?

Finally, apologies if a rant came off as an attack.
No worries...
Agreed , apples cannot be compared to a fine Irish whiskey.
It seems every manufacturer has a few duds get sent out , but in my personal experience , it seemed as if Taurus was sending me a test prototype that wasn't quiet finished.

Shame the 228 didn't work for you, I have a 226, a couple of 220's and a 227, fundamentally good, especially the 226 , but the 220's and 227 don't really float my boat. Competent, but dull....
I have had a 92 fs and a couple of PT 92's. I prefer the PT's for the slightly lighter weight and the placement of the decocker/safety.
I'm sure you've checked out CDNN's catalogue for their Taurus and Sig pricing, but check out AIM surplus too. Although you didn't mention it, they have some good prices on surplused High Powers and FEG clones. ( but keep checking back as they go real quick)...If you like your CZ, you'll probably feel good with a high power

Last Edited:
Thanks. I went to the Portland gun show this past Sunday (July 26) and bought a used P2022 in 40 cal. There were a few Taurus PT92 just at $400. Well it all seems so silly now. I got a chance to shoot the 2022 today. As I said before, something must have been wrong with that Sig 228 I shot recently. That trigger was a world apart from the 2022 and I'm glad I didn't let myself be too put off. This 2022 worked flawless today, maybe 70-100 rounds. I let a few friends have a go with it also and they also had good things to say.

The double action will take some getting used to but the single action is very light, smooth and has a positive feel. Pretty much what everyone said. I almost won't mind spending the extra money to feed it over the 9mm.

I look at it like this. I thumb thru the bound book and see allot of Taurus's...Sights break allot, and firing pins. Other than that they are good guns.
Sigs don't break unless they are really abused! Most common thing I ever do to Sig's is install new night sights..

If your buying plastic guns , your getting plastic guns. Doesn't matter if its taurus or sig to me.:rolleyes:
I've never shot a sig but I have a few Taurus and have put enough rounds through them to make up my own mind on their quality without help of the net or others. I have no problems with any of them when it comes to self defense. Now my POS CM9 I would NOT trust at all.

Sigs are fine. I will likely never own one because I am left handed. Taurus makes good stuff too. Not an apples to apples comparison.

Sigs are fine. I will likely never own one because I am left handed. Taurus makes good stuff too. Not an apples to apples comparison.
-
Sigs more than just fine and they are also 'modular' for same model #'s . with better magazine quality .
I have both and shoot both . I also really fond of a specific models of Taurus . ( Sig. wins hands-down ) over Taurus . Even the lowest end model of Sig. ( P250 ) is above my favorite Taurus .

I leave 1 of each in Compact size the house for 'house pistols' . The Sig. would be the one I would trust 100% in removing outside for CC or a Job carry where your betting our life .

Can you elaborate on this Kruejl? I'm a lefty and I own several Sigs.

And I agree, Sig Vs Taurus is not apples to apples, that's probably the best way to phrase the bottom line.

Didn't really read. Didn't need to.
Life is too precious and dear to suffer inferior guns.
And don't tell me "but I can't afford it!".
The first gun I bought was a brand new target sighted Belgian Hi-Power.. 16-17yrs old, minimum wage slave labor.. like $1.75/hr. And it was a lot of money, even by today's standards.. retail rip-joint and that particular point in time? anyway.
Get the best, not what you can "afford".
I still have Hi-Powers.
and don't read threads about Taurus vs Sig
lol

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top