JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hear me out… if you had the choice of a Gen3 or Gen4 Glock at the same price point, which one are you choosing and why? Currently tempted to pick up a LE trade-in G22 (I know, .40 boohoo 🖕😂)

Thanks in advance everyone
I would get the Gen 4. You can run the Gen 3 slides on a Gen 4 frame but good luck running a Gen 4 slide on a Gen 3 frame.

I am going to try running a Gen 4 slide on a Poly80 frame. There appears to be enough strength in the dust cover area to allow carving out some material to fit Gen 4 slide.

I usually try to get my pistols in 40cal, that way I can run 9mm or 357sig barrels in the 40 slide.

Gen 4 every time. Bigger mag release that I can switch to the correct side, less slippery grip texture and back straps if that's your thing. In fact, I'd probably take a Gen 4 over a Gen 5 because I actually like the finger grooves.

Hear me out… if you had the choice of a Gen3 or Gen4 Glock at the same price point, which one are you choosing and why?
If you want to modify the gun with a bunch of aftermarket "upgrades" then get the Gen3. Otherwise always get the most current version.

Wait a minute, there's actually differences between them? I thought they just assigned a new number to the gen and wait for the lemmings. All this time I've been wrong.

@Stomper

200.gif

200.gif

Absolutely nothing wrong with a .40.

The only real practical difference is the backstrap options with Gen4 and a dual recoil spring.

If the gen3 fits your hand as is... or your fine with a third party grip wrap... that's a pretty good deal. Especially considering the plethora of gen3 aftermarket and parts on the cheap.

The recoil spring is kinda... Mehhhh. It's not enough of a difference to make it a deal breaker between the 3 and 4 in a G22, IMHO.

Condition is everything though. Saving 25% off the purchase price isn't such a great deal if the barrel is half blown.

Last Edited:
Aim surplus has the g3 for like $280.
That's where I'm ordering from
Absolutely nothing wrong with a .40.

The only real practical difference is the backstrap options with Gen4 and a dual recoil spring.

If the gen3 fits your hand as is... or your fine with a third party grip wrap... that's a pretty good deal. Especially considering the plethora of gen3 aftermarket and parts on the cheap.

The recoil spring is kinda... Mehhhh. It's not enough of a difference to make it a deal breaker between the 3 and 4 in a G22, IMHO.

Condition is everything though. Saving 25% off the purchase price isn't such a great deal if the barrel is half blown.
That's where my thought process is. Gen 3 parts are a lot easier to source than gen 4.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews