JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gotta have the OG to even attempt making a clone.

Personally I have zero desire to own one. If I want a Glock. I'll buy a Glock…. I'd say I don't buy cheap but I carry Glocks and they're cheap. But atleast I know they run and can 100% depend on one.

My life is worth more then 250 bucks. The Glock has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt .
Foolproof and very long term proven reliability.

How many threads do you see on the internet about 100% stock Glocks having issues?

How many threads do you see about clones having issues?

Leave it to people like (a certain member here that starts with A) for that stuff. They buy the cheapest thing then spend months trying to figure out why such and such won't work right or they bought cheap so they could add "upgrades". It's silly to me. Proven reliability that is designed to work without issues long term, why mess with it.

Some guys just have to learn everything the hard way. As a good friend of mine likes to say " What can we do to make this harder?"

.40 is a pretty cool cartridge. Quite a bit more power than a 9mm at the expense of more recoil. I was looking at some federal range loads and the 10mm actually had less ballistic energy than the .40:

9mm federal 364 fpe
.40 fed 468 fpe
10mm fed 424 fpe

Hot or +p loads the 10mm is way up there:

9mm buffalo bore 500 fpe
.40 buff 582 fpe
10mm buff 728 fpe
You are comparing the new 10mm rounds or 40sw short loads as we like to call them. That is not the ammo the 10mm was designed to shoot. What you have is what they came up with after the FBI complained about excessive recoil as well as the Colt Delta Elite cracking frames.

You are comparing the new 10mm rounds or 40sw short loads as we like to call them. That is not the ammo the 10mm was designed to shoot. What you have is what they came up with after the FBI complained about excessive recoil as well as the Colt Delta Elite cracking frames.
Ah I didn't know about the cracked frames, thx! For me I was thinking if I were to just buy the usual federal range ammo (I don't use for bear defense and unknown if I would use for personal defense) how would they compare.

I was surprised they downloaded/neutered the 10mm so much for range loads. Seems to me the whole point of the 10mm is the power. Anyway I found a Glock 22 .40 for $314 delivered (le trade in) and want to compare that to 9mm for range use. I loved the old Glock .40 I shot (can't recall what generation it was). A bit more pep than the regular 9mm as I recall.

Ah I didn't know about the cracked frames, thx! For me I was thinking if I were to just buy the usual federal range ammo (I don't use for bear defense and unknown if I would use for personal defense) how would they compare.

I was surprised they downloaded/neutered the 10mm so much for range loads. Seems to me the whole point of the 10mm is the power. Anyway I found a Glock 22 .40 for $314 delivered (le trade in) and want to compare that to 9mm for range use. I loved the old Glock .40 I shot (can't recall what generation it was). A bit more pep than the regular 9mm as I recall.
40 is best described as snappy compared to the 9mm, and 45 is described as a push. 40 is definitely manageable and fun.

For me I was thinking if I were to just buy the usual federal range ammo (I don't use for bear defense and unknown if I would use for personal defense) how would they compare.

I was surprised they downloaded/neutered the 10mm so much for range loads. Seems to me the whole point of the 10mm is the power.
10mm range ammo is generally the same power/performance as 40S&W.

The whole point of the 10 is its power but range ammo is made as cheap as possible. When the 10mm was first invented it got off on the wrong foot (so to speak) and ammo companies watered it down in response. The full story is interesting gun lore and ties into the infamous Miami FBI shootout disaster. There is original 10mm ammo out there but it is more expensive as its typically sold for hunting or premium self defense loads.
If I recall, 10mm Remington UMC range ammo was a little more closer to original power than most of the other range ammo brands, but I havent shot the UMC in a while.

This---> There is NO Negative with doing your own builds on Glock clones, based on just the simple Fact that you do gain positive mechanical working knowledge with the Glock that you do Daily Carry.
also never been a fanboy and never liked the tuperware plastic on plastic Glock TG design . but do carry Glock daily, and I will periodically drop a G-clone in the holster as a daily carry.

Glocks and Clone builds are NOT a complex machine. Glocks are a real straight forward design easy to wrap your head around. Glock and G-clone 9mm's are the Small Block Chevy's of the gun world. They Just RUN, their economic, easy tear down, easy to build, with abundance of available factory or aftermarket parts that covers all parts to maintain or build.
I only shoot 9mm Glock and G-clones. I don't go for the Bling Uppers, or go for high speed trigger part kits. Use just quality upper/ lower parts kits . Never have had Feed and Extraction Malfunctions on the Clones, because I use factory Glock Mags, with good ammo. G-clones always Go's BANG everytime. with the same acceptable accuracy as stock factory Glock 9mm.

Every G-clone for me .. Aftermarket G-19/26 Barrels ( that I have bought ) . When you mate aftermarket barrels to an aftermarket Upper Slide build . All the Barrels bought by me are ' NOT ' a plug-in and play thing. You NEED to check all, and make them a good closed lock-up and do a little hand work to get them sitting flush or real close to flush with good Slide to Barrel fit. But even that is pretty easy straight forward to do.

The ' Only ' Negative i have with 9mm clone builds I have built/run . The Upper/slides finish is cheep and wear fast. Barrel outside coating also not quality ether like Glock factory finish. Factory Glock finish is far better quality for long term holster wear and tear.

Glocks and Clone builds are NOT a complex machine. Glocks are a real straight forward design easy to wrap your head around. Glock and G-clone 9mm's are the Small Block Chevy's of the gun world. They Just RUN, their economic, easy tear down, easy to build, with abundance of available factory or aftermarket parts that covers all parts to maintain or build.
This, is why I started this thread. Other than the warranty and name brand reputation there otherwise isnt a performance difference.

Makes me wonder how many Glock owners have modified their Glocks, cause they wanted to improve their guns performance?

A443CDB7-6249-454F-A9AD-A2EDF175E74C.png

This, is why I started this thread. Other than the warranty and name brand reputation there otherwise isnt a performance difference.

Makes me wonder how many Glock owners have modified their Glocks, cause they wanted to improve their guns performance?
seif 'modified' , 'moving away' from the factory conception of reliability. Bling upper slides, trigger group speed parts. Premeditatedly, that is one thing that I have never played. My bland Glock and G-clones all run with boring reliability.

I DO admit to modifying 2+ pinky extensions on factory magazines, and have run extended mag, release button on a lower frame. but for Trigger group and upper slide parts I don't try to improve over stock factory.

A lot. I don't get it honestly. The amount that they spend will get you a Langdon Beretta.
My impression is a lot too.
I get wanting to upgrade, personalize.... but a lot of people that modify their Glocks also look down on full clones yet they are the ones that literally had a perfectly functioning pistol.

My impression is a lot too.
I get wanting to upgrade, personalize.... but a lot of people that modify their Glocks also look down on full clones yet they are the ones that literally had a perfectly functioning pistol.
I mean don't get me wrong, I blow a lot on what many probably consider excessive. :s0023:

I get the name brand reputation and quality and in no way advocating anyone buy a clone over a real Glock. Im primarily interested in whats the real world practical difference?

Lots of people modify their OEM Glocks with aftermarket parts with reliable results. The architecture is the same, the technology isnt complex.
In my opinion the Glock 17 is the ideal handgun with a few modifications. I prefer to use only OEM parts myself. The only parts I change are I swap the magazine to be functional for a left handed shooter as I am left handed. I also install an OEM Glock Slide Release like the ones found on a Glock 34. I put in a Pierce grip plug as I like the look of it better and in my experience a lot of crap goes into that channel. Its not a big deal but in the end I also like the look of it better so that makes a difference. And the last change I make is of course the sights. I like my TFX Pro Night Sights. I trust the design and feel it does exactly what I am requiring of it. It is combat accurate, carries a lot of ammo, easy to use, and lastly is reliable in spartan conditions and has been proven so by folks who are far more qualified than myself.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top