JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hear me out… if you had the choice of a Gen3 or Gen4 Glock at the same price point, which one are you choosing and why? Currently tempted to pick up a LE trade-in G22 (I know, .40 boohoo 🖕😂)

Thanks in advance everyone
Have had that choice. I always chose gen3 due to aftermarket compatibility, especially the first generation flux brace. Glad I did cuz now I can swap my left over flux brace onto a surplus g22 I bought cheap. Guess I need to buy some more Glocks for leftover recover tactical and folding endo tactical braces which are all for gen3 ha ha.

Pic from internet of flux brace

USW fits gen3-5 but requires a stamp

Last Edited:
Hear me out… if you had the choice of a Gen3 or Gen4 Glock at the same price point, which one are you choosing and why? Currently tempted to pick up a LE trade-in G22 (I know, .40 boohoo 🖕😂)

Thanks in advance everyone
I have both and they're both good.

Gen 4 improved :
  • Backstraps - interchangeable backstraps for better grip fitment
  • Grip Texture - improved
  • Magazine Release Button - larger, easier to operate
  • Magazine - changed to allow ambidextrous mag release
  • Slide - changed to accommodate dual recoil spring
  • Recoil Spring - changed to a dual spring

G22 / G23's can be had at very reasonable prices, as the .40 doesn't have nearly the popularity of 9mm.

What they are very good for is hosting 9mm conversion barrels. I've got a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion for my 23, and with 19 mags it runs 9mm perfectly. Very easy way to get two caliber capability, for a very reasonable investment.

Out of caution, I don't use it for defense, even though I haven't had one FTF. For rage use it's perfect. We have native 9mm's for serious work....

One guy's opinion......

😂😂 probably not; but a man can wish.
I'm really waiting for them to come out with 10mm/.45 in compact size.
Uhhh... yeah. NO you don't. 🤣

A G27 is about as snappy as you wanna get if you need a follow up shot within a reasonable about of time... and plan on trying to hit a man sized target at anything beyond 10yds.

Even a G27... a finger extension is almost a necessary bit of kit.

Uhhh... yeah. NO you don't. 🤣

A G27 is about as snappy as you wanna get if you need a follow up shot within a reasonable about of time... and plan on trying to hit a man sized target at anything beyond 10yds.

Even a G27... a finger extension is almost a necessary bit of kit.
I'll counter that my G33 is an exceptionally accurate gun and I never use mag extensions.

I do wonder how the G36 handles, though. The XDS in .45 is a handful and I doubt the G36 would be any better, especially with the slippery Gen 3 grip

I'll counter that my G33 is an exceptionally accurate gun and I never use mag extensions.

I do wonder how the G36 handles, though. The XDS in .45 is a handful and I doubt the G36 would be any better, especially with the slippery Gen 3 grip
357 and 40 has about the same recoil impulse... granted... but you get more barrel movement with a 40 than you do with a 357... in my experience. Maybe due to the slower muzzle velocity(?)

I have no doubt many "can" shoot quickly and accurately with only a 2 finger grip, but most mere mortals shoot a hella lot better with 3. 🤣

You've already got that 3.4" barrel working against you....

357 and 40 has about the same recoil impulse... granted... but you get more barrel movement with a 40 than you do with a 357... in my experience. Maybe due to the slower muzzle velocity(?)

I have no doubt many "can" shoot quickly and accurately with only a 2 finger grip, but most mere mortals shoot a hella lot better with 3. 🤣
My 357 Sig (G32) is among my favorite EDC. Lots of power, small, and the recoil is surprisingly mild.

Thanks again for everyone's input. I'm gonna go ahead and order a G22 gen4 with night sights, $350 total including shipping and taxes (Stupid WA State 🙄) can't pass that deal up, especially since I can host 9mm or .357 sig on the same frame/slide.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews