JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I own a Sig P365. I do not own a Taurus GX4 TORO. It's my understanding and I could be wrong but isn't the GX4 based on Glock Gen 3 architecture? If so, that would make it more palatable then if it was an "in house" design from Taurus. That in and of itself would still not be enough to persuade me buy a GX4 over a P365 though….

Most here on NWFA regard Taurus as a piece of garbage company. So I'm not sure if you'll get constructive feedback on that here. I try advocating for them on occasion, but it's the equivalent to swimming upstream with one hand tied behind my back. They have had tons of issues and still have issues. Though their current offerings have less, they are plagued by their past.

Sig USA seems to always get a pass no matter how many pieces of garbage they release to the public. They hold onto their heritage of European made handguns, though Sig USA is very loosely related to the parent company oversees.

Now that that company information is said and done.

I really like the GX4. I like it a lot. The grip is the right size for my hands and it is pretty comfy. It is also is pretty much fine just the way it is. You really don't need to do anything to it. It has been reliable and eats.

The sig has a longer thinner grip, depending on which model it can almost be a skinny full size pistol. The triggers are all over the place, seems like every model has a different one and each one has its own works. I really wish they would standardized at least that part. I really haven't kept up with all the different models but my god there are a lot of them. I'm not sure which to recommend. Earlier versions had some issues and that's all on the web to research. They are reliable and easy shooting. Good concealed choice.

In my humble opinion, I don't see anything wrong with either of these two choices.

Most here on NWFA regard Taurus as a piece of garbage company. So I'm not sure if you'll get constructive feedback on that here. I try advocating for them on occasion, but it's the equivalent to swimming upstream with one hand tied behind my back. They have had tons of issues and still have issues. Though their current offerings have less, they are plagued by their past.

Sig USA seems to always get a pass no matter how many pieces of garbage they release to the public. They hold onto their heritage of European made handguns, though Sig USA is very loosely related to the parent company oversees.

Now that that company information is said and done.

I really like the GX4. I like it a lot. The grip is the right size for my hands and it is pretty comfy. It is also is pretty much fine just the way it is. You really don't need to do anything to it. It has been reliable and eats.

The sig has a longer thinner grip, depending on which model it can almost be a skinny full size pistol. The triggers are all over the place, seems like every model has a different one and each one has its own works. I really wish they would standardized at least that part. I really haven't kept up with all the different models but my god there are a lot of them. I'm not sure which to recommend. Earlier versions had some issues and that's all on the web to research. They are reliable and easy shooting. Good concealed choice.

In my humble opinion, I don't see anything wrong with either of these two choices.
Thanks, this was helpful. I've heard the SIG flat triggers are considered better than the standard P365's, maybe that can be switched out?

I've shot my partner's G2C and I found it to be very decent, that's why I was looking at the optics TORO.

The P365 triggers and be replaced with factory or aftermarket triggers. If you have a strong understanding of building AR's or detail stripping a Glock multiple times, then a P365 trigger swap should be no problem. There are helpful Youtube videos showing how.

I've never handled or shot a Taurus that didn't feel like...a Taurus. They're cheaper and they feel cheaper. For a .22 or range toy, knock yourself out. With my life on the line, I'm going with a higher base quality item that I trust not to break in a stupid way and my Taurus experience leads me to believe that failing stupidly has a good chance of happening.

Granted, I'm not the biggest 365 fan, you just gave me a choice between something I don't really like and something I don't trust.

If price is a deciding factor, not just because you like a price better but because you can afford one and won't be able to eat if you buy the other and you're not already armed then the answer is buy whatever you can get your hands on. I don't think that's the case here.

Plus support. Taurus mags aren't exactly on every shelf, 365 mags are everywhere. You can also take the FCU and make it bigger, longer, browner whatever. I doubt the Taurus has much modularity. I'd also question parts availability in 10 years. Say you break a firing pin or trigger. Which do you think is going to be easier to source a replacement for? Just my .02, take what you like and leave the rest

I've never handled or shot a Taurus that didn't feel like...a Taurus. They're cheaper and they feel cheaper. For a .22 or range toy, knock yourself out. With my life on the line, I'm going with a higher base quality item that I trust not to break in a stupid way and my Taurus experience leads me to believe that failing stupidly has a good chance of happening.

Granted, I'm not the biggest 365 fan, you just gave me a choice between something I don't really like and something I don't trust.

If price is a deciding factor, not just because you like a price better but because you can afford one and won't be able to eat if you buy the other and you're not already armed then the answer is buy whatever you can get your hands on. I don't think that's the case here.

Plus support. Taurus mags aren't exactly on every shelf, 365 mags are everywhere. You can also take the FCU and make it bigger, longer, browner whatever. I doubt the Taurus has much modularity. I'd also question parts availability in 10 years. Say you break a firing pin or trigger. Which do you think is going to be easier to source a replacement for? Just my .02, take what you like and leave the rest
I left my question open with "Neither"?

If you have another option you prefer I am interested. I'm in my knowledge absorbing stages before deciding on what platform to purchase.

I left my question open with "Neither"?

If you have another option you prefer I am interested. I'm in my knowledge absorbing stages before deciding on what platform to purchase.
Cutting to the chase, my answer is always to carry a boring Glock. They're not exciting. They're ugly to some people. They work. You'll never find another brand with better support. Pick whatever chambering and size profile you prefer, just make sure it's a Glock.

It sounds like a cookie cutter answer so I didn't want to give it off the bat. You're looking for a defensive tool so it doesn't have to be sexy, it just has to go bang no matter what, right when you need it to go bang

Cutting to the chase, my answer is always to carry a boring Glock. They're not exciting. They're ugly to some people. They work. You'll never find another brand with better support. Pick whatever chambering and size profile you prefer, just make sure it's a Glock.

It sounds like a cookie cutter answer so I didn't want to give it off the bat. You're looking for a defensive tool so it doesn't have to be sexy, it just has to go bang no matter what, right when you need it to go bang
Very true, thx for this input, I still have the G43 X MOS high on my list, I've looked into it a lot as well and shot with it, it's definitely a contender.

What's your budget? I'd recommend a Glock 43x or an HK P30SK. Nothing wrong with P365 just always felt like a toy in my big hands lmao I wouldn't recommend a hellcat due to their trigger malfunction. 365 had problems but I think most of them have been fixed though I do take that into consideration when buying a gun. Out of all the Sub the 43x is my favorite but I consider it more of a compact sized due to the longer grip if we are talking true Subs. I have been running the P30Sk with 12 round flush mags no complaints.

What's your budget? I'd recommend a Glock 43x or an HK P30SK. Nothing wrong with P365 just always felt like a toy in my big hands lmao I wouldn't recommend a hellcat due to their trigger malfunction. 365 had problems but I think most of them have been fixed though I do take that into consideration when buying a gun. Out of all the Sub the 43x is my favorite but I consider it more of a compact sized due to the longer grip if we are talking true Subs. I have been running the P30Sk with 12 round flush mags no complaints.
I have smaller hands, and hope to not print, so smaller sizes are important to me. That said, I do appreciate the G43X as I mentioned. I haven't heard of the HK P30SK, I will look into it, thanks for your suggestion!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top