JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In 2001 I bought a Taurus Millenium PT140. Guy I worked with talked me into it over the Glock which was a couple hundred more. I put about 1000 rounds through it and it started malfunctioning, feeding and extraction problems. I sent it back on the warranty and they "fixed it" with a new spring or two. Another couple hundred rounds and more malfunctions. At the time Taurus was not what it is today as a gun maker and the PT140 was new and you never buy the first ones, blah blah blah. Point is, a gun is like a fire extinguisher, when you need one you REALLY NEED one. I still have the pistol, shoot it on occasion and it still fouls up. Can I trust it to carry or defend myself? No. Buy something solid and more expensive or have a pistol you cant trust.

.40 sucks.

It doesn't take much to swap it over to 9mm. And at that price there is no reason to buy a clone.
40 doesnt suck, it just wasnt needed.
if I bought a 40 id leave it,...

re, are these police trade in "blue guns" available to the public at large? I thought they were only for current or former police officers?

.40 is a pretty cool cartridge. Quite a bit more power than a 9mm at the expense of more recoil. I was looking at some federal range loads and the 10mm actually had less ballistic energy than the .40:

9mm federal 364 fpe
.40 fed 468 fpe
10mm fed 424 fpe

Hot or +p loads the 10mm is way up there:

9mm buffalo bore 500 fpe
.40 buff 582 fpe
10mm buff 728 fpe

.40 is a pretty cool cartridge. Quite a bit more power than a 9mm at the expense of more recoil. I was looking at some federal range loads and the 10mm actually had less ballistic energy than the .40:

9mm federal 364 fpe
.40 fed 468 fpe
10mm fed 424 fpe

Hot or +p loads the 10mm is way up there:

9mm buffalo bore 500 fpe
.40 buff 582 fpe
10mm buff 728 fpe
Range loads are intentionally reduced power.
A true 10mm will run around 625fpe
There is not saami spec for +P 10mm so use caution.

I have both. The Glock is my go-to pistol. Track record goes a long way and since it's literally life and death there's not a lot of room for doubt.

The PSA Dagger Compact was intriguing and after a friend let me shoot one, I bought one a few weeks later. It's essentially a gen3 g19 and It's a great pistol, in some ways I prefer it to the Glock. PSA nailed the ergos. I like Glock ergos but the PSA fits like a custom glove. The price of the Dagger is pretty compelling especially if you catch a sale. It's been reliable and out of all my pistols it comes out the most on range days, it's a joy to shoot.

The more I shoot it the more I trust it. Been reliable so far. Will it take the place of the Glock in my bedside safe? No. But I highly recommend it if you want a reliable pistol with a solid warranty from an American company at a great price.

The more I shoot it the more I trust it. Been reliable so far. Will it take the place of the Glock in my bedside safe? No. But I highly recommend it if you want a reliable pistol with a solid warranty from an American company at a great price.
There seems to be a little bit of cognitive dissonance in there, at least in that you wouldnt be concerned about the Daggers reliability.

Absolutely. It just comes down to the hard earned Glock reputation. It's proven.
Any doubt I have in the Dagger is based solely on it being a relative newcomer.

Last Edited:
You typically don't hear about issues with bone stock Glocks. You hear about them when somebody thinks they understand Gaston's design better than he did and start changing springs and making things lightweight to "reduce lock time" as if they have any idea what that is or how much is needed in the first place.
There is no quicker way to screw up a functioning firearm than by 'improving' it. Change the sights, sure. Fiddle with the grip texture, sure. Keep yer digits outta the internals and it's more than likely the gun will run just fine. Especially a factory Glock.

The $185 trademark infringement special, and with a sketchy backstory from the Balkans is clearly the ultimate evolution of the Glock.

4A7B19DB-5E39-4144-998B-2049A784B180.jpeg

Absolutely. It just comes down to the hard earned Glock reputation. It's proven.
Any doubt I have in the Dagger is based solely on it being a relative newcomer.
Thats fair.
also the biggest hurdle the newcomer clones will have to overcome if they want to stay in the game so to speak.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top