JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hmmmm ...... fellas? I never was a Boy Scout or anything so maybe I'm missing something. But, for me personally ....... I use twigs and sticks like kindling, gradually using larger pieces of wood for a larger fire. Never had a problem cooking stuff that way.

Someone might being doing "fire" wrong. Nah, probably just me ..... never mind.

fire is different than cooking with a twig basket thingy majoby thingy!:p:D

Speaking of sticks (I know, lame) if you really want to boss it, just piss and vinegar the tinder pile by touching off your magnesium shavings handload (giggity) directly into said pile.
good times

Face*palm...

Were not talking about cooking over a campfire...

Koda ..... technically, we're not "talking" at all. Though I do hear voices most of the time, even then it isn't really "hearing". :p Look, SKrueger is a mountain of a man .... mkay? He will probably starve to death trying to feed himself with those "twig basket thingy majoby thingy" tiny little camp stoves so he''ll need a Sasquatch size FIRE and maybe a half side of beef to survive.

**whispering so SKrueger doesn't "hear" me. Personally, I think he's doomed to starvation if he attempts to use one of those lilliputian things. But hey, it's his money.

:p:D

Face*palm...

Look, do it correctly ...... mkay?

5c9.jpg

:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D

Koda ..... technically, we're not "talking" at all. Though I do hear voices most of the time, even then it isn't really "hearing". :p Look, SKrueger is a mountain of a man .... mkay? He will probably starve to death trying to feed himself with those "twig basket thingy majoby thingy" tiny little camp stoves so he''ll need a Sasquatch size FIRE and maybe a half side of beef to survive.

**whispering so SKrueger doesn't "hear" me. Personally, I think he's doomed to starvation if he attempts to use one of those lilliputian things. But hey, it's his money.

:p:D

One of these days your buying beer for that comment! :D

Hmmmm ...... fellas? I never was a Boy Scout or anything so maybe I'm missing something. But, for me personally ....... I use twigs and sticks like kindling, gradually using larger pieces of wood for a larger fire. Never had a problem cooking stuff that way.

Someone might being doing "fire" wrong. Nah, probably just me ..... never mind.
You are why the dinosaurs went extinct. come on, repent

Cheapest way to go is make a penny stove. It takes about 10 minutes to make and a bottle of heet as fuel source. You can carry 2 different sizes and still never have to worry about weight or space. If you want to "pretend" survive one bottle of heet should last you 4-5 days. Yes that means you can drink your espresso in the morning with your warm muffin. ;)

You can also spend $130 and get a BioLite wood burning camp stove. You just need to prepare in advance by drying your burning wood.

No matter what route you take I highly recommend you get these.

Ultimate Arms Gear Pack of 5 Military Surplus One-Spout Round Cleaning Kit Oil Reservior Bottle Cage For AK47 AK74 AKM Kalashnikov SKS 7.62x39 Rifle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S5HLZY0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_yddZzb9AFDSY2
They hold cooking oil, gun oil, fuel, and other liquids rather nicely. Make sure you label them WELL! At times I still swear I taste CLP flavored beef.:oops: :rolleyes:

One thing about the innerwept is it rocks..! I learned that this talk/subject is just lame since I can gather enough poboipengy friction action between my legs to start a fire lickety splat! Thanks, pengy!
anyway

here is a fun article on how to make probably the easiest cheapest and most reliable ultralight travel stove... the "Cat Can Stove"

What I like about this guys writing is he isn't biased about this stove, he tells both the pros and cons and hes used it on his trips (which if you read about is really impressive and captivating)

Make your own: Fancy Feast Alcohol Backpacking Stove - Andrew Skurka

if SHTF and you found yourself without a stove this is one trick to make one easily enough if you can find the few things you need (just about any flat can will work ie. tuna can...)

It's designed to be used with twigs and sticks (or other fuels) where the Sterno stove (at least the one I've seen) is designed to be used with the Sterno cans and isn't vented effectively for a wood fire.

It can hold a Sterno can and a pot but doesn't need Sterno or other fueled stove to function. Holds the Trangia very nicely so that does give me a fueled stove that burns readily available alcohol or HEET (yellow NOT red). Using twigs and small sticks gives me unlimited fuel. No pressurized containers, no specialized fuels required.

I'd guess that someone with a Dremel and some patience could alter a Sterno folding stove to have similar vents and feed ports for twigs. Just never considered it.

Also, to clarify, I'm carrying the Nano sized stove.
FireboxStove
Fair enough. Congrats on your new grab. I hope you get to enjoy it for a long time. :)

Cheapest way to go is make a penny stove.

yup, one of the cheapest and easiest stoves. This one I made with the jets on the inside to aim the flame closer to the center for a smaller compact pot. If you put them on the outside of the rim it can work better for larger diameter pots.

stove 002.jpg

you do have to build your own pot stand to set it in...
stove 001.jpg

the penny stove is reliable and one of the easiest alcohol stoves to make at home.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top