JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Cougar came in Friday and I picked it up Saturday morning, but I only had time to give it a quick fondle. :cool:
Yesterday was my fiance's birthday and I threw her a party/barbecue with me as host/cook so today was the first day I had a chance to check it out.

I had to wipe the entire pistol down with Hoppe's because it was covered in some kind of semi-sticky greasy coating. Maybe a preservative or something, but it's nasty shiz. No biggy though, it cleaned up nicely and the slide actually turned out to be blued not coated.

The machining is excellent. I don't see a machine mark, at least nowhere obvious. The rotating barrel is quirky but I like the theory of it and take down remains straightforward.

Anyway I plan on running a mag through it later today here at the house just to see how it runs until I can get a few hours up the road where we shoot.

Oh yeah, I changed out the factory black plastic grips for some English Walnut kittycat grips. It seems to me like this pistol just needs wood grips.
(But then I'm old. ;))

View attachment 466014 View attachment 466015

Very nice. Congratulations!

Probably, probably not. But if it came off easy... I never seen cosmoline come off easy. o_O

Some probably still do. But most of the times its just a grease people will call cosmoline even if it isn't.

Here's my latest project:
IMG_20180604_225405.jpg

It's a budget build 9mm that I've been slowly gathering parts for. I think everything except the muzzle device was purchased used or on sale.

Now if only I could decide on which optic to use...:s0153:

Probably, probably not. But if it came off easy... I never seen cosmoline come off easy. o_O

Some probably still do. But most of the times its just a grease people will call cosmoline even if it isn't.

You just need to use some Kleenex to remove your Cosmoline. You could even try using Windex like they do for corrosive ammo, but make sure to use some Q-Tips to get into all the nooks and crannies...

:p

I used mineral spirits, boiling water, damn cosmoline was still stubborn whenever I had to clean it.
If that cosmoline had been on the gun for a while, it could be why you had such a hard time.
Old Cosmo is the worst. :p
Otherwise, a rag, some gas or diesel and a little elbow grease (yes, MORE grease!) should be all you need.

Dean

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads