JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If that cosmoline had been on the gun for a while, it could be why you had such a hard time.
Old Cosmo is the worst. :p
Otherwise, a rag, some gas or diesel and a little elbow grease (yes, MORE grease!) should be all you need.

Dean
Nowadays it just takes a rag. Maybe some Hoppes, but the grease used now is nothing like cosmoline.

Twins

20171021_1235301.jpg

Just had to get the new SIG P365 for my "summer carry" wardrobe. My SIG P320, even in compact, was just too big to fit in the pocket of my surf shorts... o_O That's the standard 10-rd flat-bottomed mag in this pic.
SIG Sauer P365.02.JPG

And here's my two EDCs (40S&W for fall/winter, 9mm for spring/summer) for comparison:
And this time the P365 is wearing the 12-rd extended "pinky rest" mag...
SIG Sauer P320-P365 comparison-edited.jpg
I recently had the P320's trigger upgraded, and I guess the new "slimline" trigger is OK. But I kinda wish I hadn't had it done now, cuz it's lost its reset as a result of the upgrade, but at least it's a safer gun in "drop mode" now. I'm really pleased with both of these pieces; they really do run like fine Swiss watches...

Edited to add: Regarding the loss of trigger reset, it's not really gone, it's just noticeably less evident - dare I say subdued...
See SIG Sauer P320 - Voluntary Upgrade Program??? for a more in-depth discussion.

Last Edited:
Ah, summer wardrobe accessory!
It's what prompted me to get this little Colt Mustang Pony 380 ... Which is oddly similar to a SiG(but I can't remember the number, P238 maybe? Anyway even the SiG "pinky mag" fits.

image.jpg
This image is one I snagged off of GunBroker but except for the SN is the same as mine, color and all!

Last Edited:
Ah, summer wardrobe accessory!
It's what prompted me to get this little Colt Mustang Pony 380 ... Which is oddly similar to a SiG(but I can't remember the number, P238 maybe? Anyway even the SiG "pinky mag" fits.

View attachment 467868
This image is one I snagged off of GunBroker but except for the SN is the same as mine, color and all!

You might be thinking of the P938, which closely matches your Mustang Pony in both aesthetics and function...
SIG Sauer P938.jpg

This is a 238 in all-steel construction:
SIG Sauer P238.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany