JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Weeds - if your M94 has a 4 digit serial number then it was manufactured in 1894 (the first year) as they made #1 thru 14579 the first year.

It appears to be a 20" carbine because of the double bands, obvious shorter barrel and the unique buttstock that was only offered on the carbines. However I don't see the saddle ring and I noticed it has the longer forearm which makes that model the "Eastern" Version of the infamous "Saddle Ring Carbine." Because it is an Eastern Model and not the Saddle Ring it doesn't command as high of value.

Without seeing the rifle first hand I'll give you a general range of value...assuming it is NRA 50% it would be roughly worth $650 to 80% @ $975. Then add an addition 40% because it is under SN #148,000. Again this is just a general guideline - different geographical regions will alter the value as certain firearms are worth more in different regions.

I venture to say because your rifle or carbine would command a higher price because the SN is so low. But without looking at it, it is hard to appraise it.

The thing that has me a wee bit confused is the serial number and the chambering. You indicted it was around SN 4,000 - correct? I know there were around 14,000 made in the first year of production in 1894. HOWEVER, Winchester had a devil of a time with their Nickle Steel barrels which was required for the new smokeless cartridges and thus the 30 WCF wasn't released until 1895 AFTER around 14,000 made. The only two chamberings offered the first year were the 32-40 and .38-55 both in blackpowder. In 1895 the problems were solved and the .25-35 and .30-30 (30 WCF) were offered. The 32. WCF wasn't released until 1902.

.50 isn't a big enough bore?

I'll admit to being smitten with a 105mm once, and a .50 bolt gun was real attractive, but I don't like lugging 40 pounds of rifle around anymore. I always figured 100 rounds of brass, 100 pounds of ball projectiles and powder and a big honking Lee Loader would keep me busy.

I always wanted to fire something that took 3 guys and 3 handwheels to aim and a truck to carry the ammo.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top