JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First of the 5 CZ's im refinishing is reassembled and complete. It grew a SAO trigger in the process too. More to come over the next few weeks

20190218_152227.jpg 20190218_152203.jpg

GP100 .357, 5" barrel.

I bought this from a man who is stationed in Baghdad. He's raising money to build a barn on his place in Colorado. His wife handled the shipping.

In my experience, a 180 grain hard-cast round fired from this gun will drop a deer like its been struck by lightning.

51773F8C-39DD-4804-BE64-545F49CCE0D3.jpeg

GP100 .357, 5" barrel.

I bought this from a man who is stationed in Baghdad. He's raising money to build a barn on his place in Colorado. His wife handled the shipping.

In my experience, a 180 grain hard-cast round fired from this gun will drop a deer like its been struck by lightning.

View attachment 550877
Nice gun Howard. I didn't know there was a 5" barrel option for the GP100. Good to know. Thanks. -b
I like your practice of using a heavy bullet, too.
There used to be a 200 gr, loading for the .38 Special that was called Super Police...lately, I've been wondering how well a bullet of that weight would work in a .357.

Dean

Last Edited:
Nice gun Howard. I didn't know there was a 5" barrel option for the GP100. Good to know. Thanks. -b
I like your practice of using a heavy bullet, too.
There used to be a 200 gr, loading for the .38 Special that was called Super Police...lately, I've been wondering how well a bullet of that weight would work in a .357.

Dean

The 5" barrel on this gun is well-balanced for me. Almost bought the 6" version, but it was a bit front-heavy.

HSM sells a "Bear Load" 180 (box of 50, as I recall), and Buffalo Bore sells them in a box of 20. I've killed deer with the BB 180's, and I'm guessing the HSM rounds would work the same (and cost less).

We have cougars, and the occasional black bear come through our farm near Monmouth. If I don't have a long gun with me, the GP100 is my woods gun. Not as stout as a .44, but if I hit the bear just right, it'll work. Never have tried bear meat, but I'd like to.

When I was a baby, my family lived in Sacramento.
During that time, we went bear hunting and got a nice black bear.
He told me.....toughest meat he ever ate. He thought it might have been an old bear, though. :rolleyes:
I figure anything loaded by Buffalo Bore has got to be so strong it'd knock over a building, so I don't doubt you have a box, but I'll have to check out the HSM loads, thanks for the tip.....that 5 shot .44 has peaked my interest, too. :s0033:

Got #2, the vz.50, back together in my winter CZ Refinish project. I messed up pretty bad on the slide paint and may strip it back off and retry later on. Also i need some correct grips for it. Not pretty, but here it is next to the 75b.

20190225_153621.jpg 20190225_153827.jpg 20190225_153838.jpg

This is my old faithish Ruger Redhawk in it's original configuration in .44Mag. I got it in 1988 as a deal from a pal who was awaiting corrective eye surgery, and wouldn't be able to shoot without a scope thereafter.

upload_2019-3-1_10-28-45.png

Like all the other handguns that I kept, it was deactivated in the late 90's so that I wouldn't go to jail for five years. It was not used to hurt anybody in all the time I had it, but it was sudden death on bowling pins, and that's for sure...:mad:

upload_2019-3-1_10-33-35.png

Model 29 .44Mag [but you all knew that, right?]

upload_2019-3-1_10-34-27.png

Model 686 'Trophy' - called that here in yUK. I sold the Hogue grips to a pal in Germany, and all the leatherwork and six speedloaders to the Government for a lot of money. Figuring I would need the empties for the eventual buyment of an underlever, I kept around three hundred, and sold the other thousand or so to the government. I ended up with a Super Redhawk, but it's just so freakin' ugly I don't want to show it again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top