JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh I am not against scopes , lights etc...
I am more against the idea that a item or gadget can replace skill and practice.
Some folks feel that the more items they have on a gun , means less practice is needed , 'cause of the false notion that "why practice , I have a ______ for that...?

Again not saying that everyone thinks this way....just some folks that I have encountered.

Plus the less stuff I have , means the less stuff , that can break or get lost...
Andy
Scopes help a lot with long distance shooting, especially if you have eyes that are as bad as mine. Scopes aren't meant to replace skill, only enhance it.

Plus, as I said, those Hensoldts meant for STANAG mounts look really nice, especially on a FAL. It having the German post reticle is a plus. Ordered one for the FAL, so I can put the Pilad that's on it on the Ruger (which currently has a variable which I don't care for).

I know... Its just I find it odd some people will consider a scope as compensating for lack of skill. I don't see how a scope does that, either you can't hit something or you can, and either you can sight it in or can't, etc etc.

My eyesight just sucks, I hate saying it but it is what it is. Without glasses my limit is 300 meters with irons, on a good day.

My latest tactical 10mm

P1050483.JPG P1050481.JPG

I know... Its just I find it odd some people will consider a scope as compensating for lack of skill. I don't see how a scope does that, either you can't hit something or you can, and either you can sight it in or can't, etc etc.

My eyesight just sucks, I hate saying it but it is what it is. Without glasses my limit is 300 meters with irons, on a good day.
I would consider that to be pretty darn good vision, and I can see gnats on a river up to 20 meters away...

Guess who's got two thumbs and a soldering iron! I was real scared to try this but I like it! If I'm lucky the stippling will remove all my belly hairs and they will no longer get stuck in my belt buckle! Smith & Wesson SD9VE.

image.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top