JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Old School. 1972 Pinned & Recessed S&W Model 28 .357 Magnum. I bought it here a month or so back and Velzey went through it for me. He fitted an oversized hand and slicked the trigger to crazy smooth.
It had some old thrashed Herrett's grips on it so I fitted these N Frame grips I've been hanging on to. They're from a much newer model, but this ain't no beauty queen. It took a bunch of fitting because the curvature and dimensions of the frame were quite different from the newer models. The back strap stands a bit proud, but I was afraid to take any more material off. They got a bit thin in a couple of areas.
I also stripped the finish off the grips and oiled them; they just looked wrong being all shiny.

I took pics of the pinned barrel and recessed cylinder to show what that P&R thing is about. Some folks don't know much about revolvers so I thought it might be helpful.

Pinned means the barrel is pinned into the frame to lock it in and recessed means the chambers have a recess for the rim of the cartridge to fit in.

DSCN0334.JPG DSCN0331.JPG DSCN0332.JPG DSCN0333.JPG

Last Edited:
Thanks! The 4" barrel, shroud and F/O front sight is from EWK. I had the DW coated sniper gray/ armor black with the stock 6" shroud.
It's a great shooter my Dad bought new late 70's.
Thought it might be an EWK... I remember seeing your 6" coated gun awhile back... very nice also. Most under rated revolvers around IMO... and i'm not just saying that cause I own one:cool:

(edit)..oh, that's the same gun... my bad. different barrel through me off.

Old School. 1972 Pinned & Recessed S&W Model 28 .357 Magnum. I bought it here a month or so back and Velzey went through it for me. He fitted an oversized hand and slicked the trigger to crazy smooth.
It had some old thrashed Herrett's grips on it so I fitted these N Frame grips I've been hanging on to. They're from a much newer model, but this ain't no beauty queen. It took a bunch of fitting because the curvature and dimensions of the frame were quite different from the newer models. The back strap stands a bit proud, but I was afraid to take any more material off. They got a bit thin in a couple of areas.
I also stripped the finish off the grips and oiled them; they just looked wrong being all shiny.

I took pics of the pinned barrel and recessed cylinder to show what that P&R thing is about. Some folks don't know much about revolvers so I thought it might be helpful.

Pinned means the barrel is pinned into the frame to lock it in and recessed means the chambers have a recess for the rim of the cartridge to fit in.

View attachment 393735 View attachment 393736 View attachment 393737 View attachment 393738
TLDR, too long didn't read (I kid). how does that ugly stepchile print?

First AR pistol build.

• Aero Precision upper and lower
  • Palmetto State Armory LPK
  • Magpul K2+ grip in FDE
  • Thordsen Customs Enhanced buffer tube and cheek rest
  • Tapco Sling adapter end plate
  • 11.5" 1/7 Ballistic Advantage 5.56 barrel
  • 11" Troy Alpha Rail
  • AIM Surplus black nitride BCG
  • Smith Vortex flash hider
  • BCM charging handle
  • Magpul MBUS front and rear sights